Hedge Calculator - page 3

scottyb159:
ATonix, Any idea when you will be ready for some of us to take a look?

I've traded this for a while, so it's all developed, just not recorded and user-friendly. I'm building this in my free time, so I'm not exactly sure. I'm guessing I'll have something out in these forums within a week or two at the latest.

Great, looking forward to seeing it. I have been running severl different demos on various hedge methods. I am starting to have some real success using fibs as a way to avoid any major unwinding or even as protection for minor pullbacks.

scottyb159:
Great, looking forward to seeing it. I have been running severl different demos on various hedge methods. I am starting to have some real success using fibs as a way to avoid any major unwinding or even as protection for minor pullbacks.

Yep, this is an important aspect of mine (sup/res levels) also.

true north calculator

do you have the web site url,

sent an email to the address with no responce

sam1:
Hi! I'm here to share with you a story about a trader journey in search for the holy grail. And also intruduce you to a powerful hedge calculator, incase you haven't heard of it.

June last year, a biker friend of mine who is a chief mechanic of our motorcycle association learned that I was engaging in forex trading, it just so happened that he is also trading forex part time. He excitedly intruduced me to use the hedge calculator he bought from the web. I looked at it, it was just a sheet of excel file with a tag price of $199. I didn't gave any comment but at the back of my mind, I'm laughing at him. "you've been scammed, stupid!" I rather buy EA on ebay with that kind of price. What a motorcycle mechanic know about FX trading anyway? We all know that to be an expert in forex trading takes years of experience, glued to the platform learning every swing. If he is a banker with degree in finance, I might give it a second thought.

Months has past. I've been paying EA on ebay worth more than $199, cherry picking free EAs from site to site, forward testing lots of methodologies from mouteki, sidus, vegas, fozzy to named a few. I even develope my own trading strategy, but hard to code it into an EA and eats a lot of time trading it manually..... I gave up on it.

I use to cruise to the country side with my bikers buddy every weekends. But due to my new found urge of finding the holy grail, I'm stuck in between the keyboard and chair even on weekends.

On one fine sunday morning, I took a break and went cruising with the gang. To my surprize, our chief mechanic is now riding on his new Harley (still wearing the same old stinky rugged pair of leather pants). He just use to owned a rusty custom chopper made out of junk, now on a brand new Harley with full accesories. I asked him in a sarcastic manner, "Did you robbed a bank?" laughing answered me. "No, I earned it from trading forex using the hedge calculator that I told you".

Ouch! I felt like I was hit by a truck, thrown to the other side of the highway and run crossed by a speeding car. rolled down the cliff.

Some lessons learned that day. Never under-estimate anybody. Sometimes, what we are looking for is already in front of our nose, we just to blind to see it. We often take the lesson the hard way.

The hedge calculator is created by a group of elite traders together with their hired mathematicians. The company is True North if I remember it right. I'm using it right now, and gaining pips slowly but surely.

I attached a history statement and screenshot (a little distort compared to the actual) of a simple hedge calculator that change the life of a motorcycle mechanic and hope mine as while.

Take it for what its worth.

I've been receiving lots of PMs asking where to contact the company or how to pay for the calculator. Here's there email address: true_north@email.com

Right now I am trying to decide "if" there is value in exiting positions when in a strong positive pip position or just holding and playing more for the swap. My fibonacci method right now is used to protect against a big drop that would wipe out an account( like what happened to people in February). I read here about someone grabbing 20 pips and exiting and re-enterring. This makes no sense at all because you are losing about 6-7 pips due to spread on re-entry. If you are going to exit due to some profit taking, you need to wait and do more analysis on re-entry. As many have said, if you are that good at timing entry, you may not need to bother with a hedge. So, this is my struggle at this point. We could use pivots or other support resistance levels for profit taking, just not sure there is value in exiting at all. Now, we obviously can do something similiar to freedom rocks and forex for smarties and trade within the hedge. However, I view this as traditional trading which of course can always be done.

With correlation hedge startegy. If for example, you are hedging EUR/USD with USD/CHF, use the cross EUR/CHF chart as your barometer. Before you enter a trade, look at Stoch, MACD or RSI if they are trending up or not. Also use fibo levels and trendlines if you must.

If EUR/CHF is trending upward, start the hedge. If its on the down trend, stay on the sideline, and wait for a reversal or retrace before you get in. It is better to stay out than having a used margin at a drawdown.

If you're not good at predicting reversals. Divide your margin to trade in 4 to 5 chunks. If for example you have 10% to risk, split it to four 2.5% or five 2%.

If you enter at a wrong price on your first prediction, wait of the next possible uptrend to enter again. That's the Dollar Cost Average technique.

On the take profit side. Don't close positions just because you already got a certain percent floating profits. instead, use some fibo level or trendline to get out of the trade. This way, you get the maximum potential profits.

Of course, the most important of them all is the hedge calculator, to compute the lots partition.

toddanderson:
do you have the web site url, sent an email to the address with no responce

Their email addy is true underscore north at email dot com (true_north@email.com)

I just got a reply email from them, so I'm sure the email addy I post works.

Here's what I've got from them. They don't have a web site since they don't need one, they are a group of offline fund managers (IB I guess) from the pacific regions. Selling of the hedge calculator is not their main priority or should I say "not their main source of income". The Idea of selling it comes from people who can't afford the minimum required to invest in their managing funds. And lastly, all the sales generated from the selling will proceed to their foundation funds and use in for charity purposes in the future. hmmm... seems its for a good cause if what they claim is true.

I also ask if they are aware of the Freedomrocks hedge and if they copied their strategy from them. Their answer is yes they were aware of it and indeed they have a little similarity. No they didn't copy it from FR. The hedging strategy have been out there since the beginning of retail brokers came in the forex scene. Anyone can trade such kind of strategies if they know how to divide the correlations pairs to its proper proportions.

So the question now is if it works. Yes it works, that's why I didn't gave a second thoughts to share it here. My equity increased 47% in a span of 2 months, with just using the conservative settings on the hedge calculator.

I also requested for their performance results which they don't normally give out. On the statement results I attached, I was very impress with the results of their 4th quarterly cycle. 17.67% gained in 3 days of trade.

Files:

Here is is $199 for the Excel Calculator

Thank you for you interest. I'm sorry but we don't have a website. We are a group of offline fund managers, selling the calculator is not really our source of income, It was only requested by some of the individuals to sell them the "hedge lot partition calculator" since they can't afford the minimum amount to invest with our manage account. It was only through word-of-mouth that we are known today by the online forex world.

A brief introduction to TRUE NORTH CONCEPTS LLC. We are a group of traders consist of four Japanese, three Taiwanese and a Filipino-Chinese. This company is founded on July 2006. We manage funds for some of the wealthy individual in our respective countries. Fund managing is our main objective, all profits gathered from selling of calculator will goes to our foundation funds for charity purposes.

If you are familiar with the well known Freedomrocks hedge, it is more or less the same, as this is what some of our members claimed.

The hedge lot partition calculator is in an XLS (MS excel) file. It will help you compute numbers of lots to allocate to a specific pairs to get a perfect hedge. There are 3 calculators included in the file. The 2 pairs hedge, the 3 pairs hedge and lastly, the 4 pairs hedge calculator that will give you the maximum swap earnings while safely hedged. All the succeeding developement of the calculator will be send to you free of charge after the first purchase.

All three strategies and calculation has been carefully studied and tested by us. It is by far the safest strategy we've known as long as you do not over trade or abuse it. We have been using it ourself for our manage account and the results are amazing.

Pardon us if we can't give you a test run before your purchase, as it is in an XLS file. Hope you understand. Rest assure it is safe.

The cost will be a one time payment of 199US$ (No hidden charges nor added cost) . There are 2 ways to pay, either thru bank wire or pay thru e-gold. If you are not familiar with egold, please check their site at www.e-gold.com. The calculator will be send to you thru email attachment as soon as payment is verified. If you are decided for the purchase, please contact us again for more payment details.

Attached is our recent trade statement. We started our new cycle on the 15th of May with $150,000 equity. Afetr 3 days with 4 set of hedge trade, we gained 17.67%. Do take note that gains offset the losses.

Hope this answers all your quiries. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Looking forward for a mutual beneficial partnership with you,

Ichimaru Amuro

I would think this is quite an easy calculation for anyone that has math skills. Earlier in this thread there is a calculator that will dohalf of this. All we need to do is factor in the correlation coefficient and we should be getting the same basic numbers as freedom rocks. Correct? IZt would be interesting to see what todays numbers are for freedom rocks and we could simply back into it.

scottyb159:
I would think this is quite an easy calculation for anyone that has math skills. Earlier in this thread there is a calculator that will dohalf of this. All we need to do is factor in the correlation coefficient and we should be getting the same basic numbers as freedom rocks. Correct? IZt would be interesting to see what todays numbers are for freedom rocks and we could simply back into it.

You are right about it.

Here's what I got from freedomrocks, true north and my own calculation without the correlation coefficient.

equity balance: $5000

leverage: 400:1

account size: mini

margin risk: 5%

EUR/USD ask price: 1.3512

USD/CHF ask price: 1.2274

Results:

Freedomrocks

EUR/USD= 4.19

USD/CHF= 4.36

True North

EUR/USD= 4.21

USD/CHF= 4.37

My own calculation with formula

(equity/#of pairs) margin % (leverage/acct size) (1/ask price)

EUR/USD= 3.70

USD/CHF= 4.07

Can anyone solve this?

Reason: