Hedge - page 2

I personaly think that is a mistake buying an EA when you have great minds here doing the best ones.

The problem in buying an EA is that almost all websites selling EA's and Indicators, are selling free versions with another name, and backtests only.

forgive me if I'm wrong,

just my opinion...

Newcomer

Hallo. A newbie is listenging to the old wise men. Interesting topic until now unkown to me. Thanks. Karl

Well... it is an idea... I believe we could try this and we do not need an EA for this, at least for now...

I do not know how well are the currency pairs correlated but there must be some info out there regarding this.

FOUND IT!!! : http://www.mataf.net/en/analysis-correlation.htm

My idea on hedging on the same currency is easy, the only problem is when to exit one hedge and try to reach the other (getting more pips on the way, and consolidating the results) ... I believe that this could be done with pivot points, but i'm still rechearching.

so in your hedges u close one side of the hedge and let the other run????

j

Well I try to understand when to do this by looking at the charts. For instant on the last friday I recover a negative position to a profitable point close it, and open another on the same direction but this time near the other hedge.

I will try to make some charts to explain this to you.

PS: In fact this is my problem with this strategy. I need an exit strategy, and I believe this could be done starting hedging on diferent pairs on some point... for now I use pivot points to stop one hedge and let the other recover. A very important parameter is the spread between the two hedges. If we let this go too far away, we may be attached to one position for too much time, and if this is a negative swap, then... we could have a problem.

Another way of doing something is to profit on swap using correlated pairs with positive swaps... for instance...

Selling EURUSD AND Buying USDCHF (do not know if this have a positive swap ... just an idea) Is this possible?

I had to delete some posts here.

I am very sorry.

Hi, Where can I find the trendhedge3 indicator?

I have found the Bill Barnsley Correlation EA

Files:

rmeruane:
I have found the Bill Barnsley Correlation EA

hi

thanks a lot for shring this nice EA .i have heard a lot about this nice EA.

may i know ,does it has time limitation?!

by the way thanks again

Reason: