Swiss Army EA (Automatic order management) - page 47

mladen:
I don't know all the differences between version 1.51 and 1.35 but if you change the code in 1.35 to what I suggested in that post, it will work with order(s) closing as it should

Oh thanks it worked!!!

I want to know one thing as I haven't tested it yet. I pyramid my trades and scale my SL as trades go where I wanted, so for example if I have this scenario.

1st trade buy at 1.3100 SL @1.2980

2nd trade buy at 1.3120 SL @1.3100 <<<< can the SL could be moved if I'm using MAX_LOSS_DOLLARS? Ofcourse it doesn't place hard Stops but I wanted to know whether it could work this way.

3rd trade buy at 1.3140 and at this point I want to place BE for all of my trades @ 1.3120. How can I do this? just calculate all the pips? BreakEvenAt: 60?

EA to use as double check on stop loss level

Hello,

anyone knows an EA which controls all open positions on all pairs and close only those which, individually, are loss of tot% on equity?

I find a thousand that control the total of the floating P/L of all positions and if this falls below a certain threshold closes all. I would rather just close the position that is in too much loss, leaving the other open.

I know it would be resolved by a simple stoploss set in single trade, but i need this EA to have an additional check in case i have some wrong stop-loss value or moved by mistake..

Thanks!

Dave

babagoproject:
Hello,

anyone knows an EA which controls all open positions on all pairs and close only those which, individually, are loss of tot% on equity?

I find a thousand that control the total of the floating P/L of all positions and if this falls below a certain threshold closes all. I would rather just close the position that is in too much loss, leaving the other open.

I know it would be resolved by a simple stoploss set in single trade, but i need this EA to have an additional check in case i have some wrong stop-loss value or moved by mistake..

Thanks!

Dave

Is this the only function you want for this EA? If it is, it'll be an extremely simple one. I have made this for you and it's attached. Thanks.

While using this EA it'll also display dynamically what is the level of threshold:

http://charts.mql5.com/3/12/eurusd-m30-go-markets-pty.png

Files:

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to trading and am having trouble working this EA on a demo account. The problem I am having is that although I have configured it as directed (or so I thought), the swiss army EA immediately closes my orders as soon as they are opened.

I have also noted that it does not automatically place a TP or SL on the orders I make (which is actually the prime reason I downloaded it in the first place).

Any help appreciated. Thanks

phenomenon90:
Hi guys, I'm fairly new to trading and am having trouble working this EA on a demo account. The problem I am having is that although I have configured it as directed (or so I thought), the swiss army EA immediately closes my orders as soon as they are opened.

I have also noted that it does not automatically place a TP or SL on the orders I make (which is actually the prime reason I downloaded it in the first place).

Any help appreciated. Thanks

You have probably set the stop loss and take profit to small (each broker has a minimal distance for a stop loss and take profit from a current price - if those are smaller than allowed, neither can be set). Try using bigger values for those

mladen:
You have probably set the stop loss and take profit to small (each broker has a minimal distance for a stop loss and take profit from a current price - if those are smaller than allowed, neither can be set). Try using bigger values for those

Thanks for that - I tried increasing the distance but still no luck. I've also noticed that this is now happening with all my trades (even if I delete the EA from the chart)...

The demo account is from FXCM btw.

Thanks again

phenomenon90:
Thanks for that - I tried increasing the distance but still no luck. I've also noticed that this is now happening with all my trades (even if I delete the EA from the chart)...

The demo account is from FXCM btw.

Thanks again

phenomenon90

EA can not change or close orders if it is removed from the chart. Check what else could happen

mladen:
phenomenon90 EA can not change or close orders if it is removed from the chart. Check what else could happen

I know - that's why I was surprised when it continued after deleting them from the chart (right click --> EA - -> Remove)

I deleted the EA from the navigator and everything seems to be running as normal. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with EAs..?

phenomenon90:
I know - that's why I was surprised when it continued after deleting them from the chart (right click --> EA - -> Remove) I deleted the EA from the navigator and everything seems to be running as normal. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with EAs..?

Check if you removed all the EAs from all the charts

Other than that I can not tell more. As we agreed if the EA is not attached to the chart it can not do anything to orders, soyou aither have some EA acive that is doing that (does not matter what chart is it attached to, check all the charts) or your stop losses and take profits are sett to very low levels which is highly unlikely

Reason: