Automated Stoploss and Takeprofit

hi i am looking for 2 scripts if anyone could please help it would be much appreaciated, once i have entered into a trade the one script must automatically set a stoploss of 10 pips, the other is the exact opposite once i have entered into a trade it must automatically set a takeprofit of 10 pips. im looking for 2 seperate scripts so i can run one without the other. thanks very much.

just a bump.

come on guys you cant tell me that nobody on this forum has a small script that automatically places a stoploss when a trade is executed?? please i really need it. thanks.

Scripts

Faultyboy:
come on guys you cant tell me that nobody on this forum has a small script that automatically places a stoploss when a trade is executed?? please i really need it. thanks.

I changed an existing script to your needs. I never used it, but it seems to do what you want.

Please verify on demo account first, in case I made a booboo....

Cheers,

Herbert

Files:

thanks very much mate, will test it out now. thanks again.

now how do i get it to run automatically when my ea buys or sells??

Script usage

Faultyboy:
now how do i get it to run automatically when my ea buys or sells??

You asked for scripts to adjust your manual entered trades.

A script is executed by drag and dropping it in the active trade window.

Scripts are different from experts in that they will not run continuously.

You are now however talking about "your EA having trades"

Your EA itself should take care of these settings and not an external script.

i didnt ask for a script to change manually entered trades, i said once i enter into a trade (which is what my ea will be doing) i need something to automatically set a SL or TP. reason being my ea is already compiled and i do not have the code for it, so i cant modify it. i thought it would be possible to have a script that executes everytime a buy or sell happens??? is this not possible?? do you have any other suggestions??? thanks.

Faultyboy:
i didnt ask for a script to change manually entered trades, i said once i enter into a trade (which is what my ea will be doing) i need something to automatically set a SL or TP. reason being my ea is already compiled and i do not have the code for it, so i cant modify it. i thought it would be possible to have a script that executes everytime a buy or sell happens??? is this not possible?? do you have any other suggestions??? thanks.

Hmmm I don't want to argue but you started this thread with:

"hi i am looking for 2 scripts......."

OK, these scripts are still a valid option, however you need to apply them manually as soon as the trade is started.

It depends however how the Expert is coded, what it will do with these trades as soon as something else is modifying it's properties. But you can certainly give it a try on demo.

Another more appropriate solution is the EA made by Ryan Klefas called Swiss Army EA. This will do anything you like (except for pealing the potatoes...)

You can find the thread here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176995

Hope this will help.

Cheers

thanks, i need it to be automated its no use running a ea but still having to sit infront of the pc the whole time to place the stops. :/ is there no 3rd party program i can use or anything? will the swiss knife script run automatically? thanks

Swiss Army EA = Expert Advisor

Faultyboy:
thanks, i need it to be automated its no use running a ea but still having to sit infront of the pc the whole time to place the stops. :/ is there no 3rd party program i can use or anything? will the swiss knife script run automatically? thanks

The Swiss Army EA is an Expert which will manage open trades, continuously.

Have a look through the thread to see what it is capable of. I think you will like it.

Reason: