Swiss Army EA (Automatic order management) - page 5

ignore previous post

Hi, I've sorted it now, i had the Immediate closeout option on.

Tahnks for your hard work Ryan, it's much appreciated by me and everyone here,

Cheers,

Cal

Ryan, can you tell me if this EA works on a mini account?

Thank you.

Mike

mikejody:
Ryan, can you tell me if this EA works on a mini account?

Thank you.

Mike

It works on any account, regardless of size.

stop loss/take profit

i just wanted to post an expert that includes several ways for managing stop loss/taking profit.

it was developed by Bluto and Robert.

i might be a good idea to incorporate any of those to your expert...

mario

Files:

roter:
i just wanted to post an expert that includes several ways for managing stop loss/taking profit.

it was developed by Bluto and Robert.

i might be a good idea to incorporate any of those to your expert...

mario

Thanks for posting this EA. Can you also post the "hma3" indy because I am getting run-time errors and can't tell how the EA or the stop methods work.

ryanklefas:
Thanks for posting this EA. Can you also post the "hma3" indy because I am getting run-time errors and can't tell how the EA or the stop methods work.

Here you have it.

Files:
hma3.mq4  3 kb

Ryan, I've noticed that the text information on this Ea that records the gain/loss and percentage remains at one price for quite awhile, even while the actual profit/loss goes up and down. I'm wondering what triggers the "close all orders"; is it the actual profit/loss or is it based on the same information as the text that is so delayed?

Thank you again.

Mike

Right, I understand that EAs require ticks in order to operate, the problem I am seeing is that the actual profit and loss depends upon ticks also, right? The actual profit I am seeing right now is jumping from about $240.00 to $265.00 to $280.00 and then back down to $250.00. This movement can only happen based upon tick movements of the 3 currencies I am watching, right? Meanwhile the text from the EA stays at $212.00 during all of this movement, and then after a few minutes it will change.

Since the actual profit/loss and the text information for the EA are both based upon tick movement, why don't they move together?

ryanklefas:
It does rely on the delayed text information. The reason for the delay is that the EA only updates on each tick, as with ALL EAs. No tick = no update.

mikejody:
Ryan, I've noticed that the text information on this Ea that records the gain/loss and percentage remains at one price for quite awhile, even while the actual profit/loss goes up and down. I'm wondering what triggers the "close all orders"; is it the actual profit/loss or is it based on the same information as the text that is so delayed?

Thank you again.

Mike

It does rely on the delayed text information. The reason for the delay is that the EA only updates on each tick, as with ALL EAs. No tick = no update. This will only be a problem if you are attempting to manage a basket-load of currencies from a single chart. You can run multiple instances of the EA on different currencies (so you will have more ticks) to try and alleviate the problem a bit.

Reason: