Swiss Army EA (Automatic order management) - page 10

frantacech:
can you add to your Swiss Army code for partial close order?

Not sure if profit targets would fit very well with the schema I currently have going. I'll think about it.

Maybe a bug?

ryanklefas:
Settings file with your request below. Will work with v1.51.

Hi Ryan,

I tried your set file except I find that soemtimes it closes the orders when profit target reached and sometimes it only closes one pair not both it is hard to tell why, I wonder if there is a lag or something that is causing it. Do I need to have the EA on both charts maybe?

berdj:
Hi Ryan, I tried your set file except I find that soemtimes it closes the orders when profit target reached and sometimes it only closes one pair not both it is hard to tell why, I wonder if there is a lag or something that is causing it. Do I need to have the EA on both charts maybe?

I've noticed that myself. It's not a bug, per se, but rather may be caused by how MT4 is executing the EA. I'll look into it and see what can be done to fix it.

Is there a way this will hedge multiple positions? How does one select positions to be hedged?

gpw797:
Is there a way this will hedge multiple positions? How does one select positions to be hedged?

Yep. Swiss Army has been designed to be able to hedge ANY trade that it is managing. Currently, there is no feature to perform actions on SPECIFIC orders, however that can be done, so just ask if you want it. Otherwise, give me an example of what you want, and I will tell you how to set the EA.

I will give a simple example now:

I have two sell positions on EURUSD, and one buy position on GBPUSD. I only want to hedge the EURUSD, so leave Symbol_Specific at true. Select HedgeOrders as the action. Set Allow_All_Types to true so it can hedge any order type (buy or sell). Then select the condition you want to set the actions off. If you want an immediate hedge, set ImmediateActivation to true.

Equity Trailing Stop

Hi there Ryan;

This has been asked before by someone but was not available in the previous versions....

Now I ask again, to see if you are considering to put in the next version:

Equity Trailing Stop and Break Even feature, independent of all the orders, only by equity level calculation; Is there any possibility to put, lets say when an equity profit reaches to 120, can we make it flagged and the profit then reaches to 180, but again returns back to 120 can we close all the positions?.. to make it break even or to put a trailing stop all based on the equity and the orders are closed when the traling SL is reached?..

gorinw9:
Hi there Ryan;

This has been asked before by someone but was not available in the previous versions....

Now I ask again, to see if you are considering to put in the next version:

Equity Trailing Stop and Break Even feature, independent of all the orders, only by equity level calculation; Is there any possibility to put, lets say when an equity profit reaches to 120, can we make it flagged and the profit then reaches to 180, but again returns back to 120 can we close all the positions?.. to make it break even or to put a trailing stop all based on the equity and the orders are closed when the traling SL is reached?..

I'm trying to work something like this into the next version. How would profit be measured though? Pips, dollars, or percentage.... or I could just do all of them.

ryanklefas:
I'm trying to work something like this into the next version. How would profit be measured though? Pips, dollars, or percentage.... or I could just do all of them.

Hi Ryan..... If it will not involve too much extra work to have all of them (pip/dollar/percentage) then it would be optimal to have all of them; otherwise I guess dollar+percentage will be fine, my personal opinion....

I know a few people in addition to me that would like to see the "equity trailing stop / break even feature" in swiss army, that closes all the positions when a certain level of equity trailing stop is trigerred......

Would you think, in addition to closing the positions, would there be an option selectable that hedges all trades when the "equity trailing stop" is reached?... I know this option already exists in the swiss army - and may be it would be added to the "equity trailing stop" + "equity stop" .....

gorinw9:
Hi Ryan..... If it will not involve too much extra work to have all of them (pip/dollar/percentage) then it would be optimal to have all of them; otherwise I guess dollar+percentage will be fine, my personal opinion....

I know a few people in addition to me that would like to see the "equity trailing stop / break even feature" in swiss army, that closes all the positions when a certain level of equity trailing stop is trigerred......

Would you think, in addition to closing the positions, would there be an option selectable that hedges all trades when the "equity trailing stop" is reached?... I know this option already exists in the swiss army - and may be it would be added to the "equity trailing stop" + "equity stop" .....

I'm thinking that the "equity trailing stops" would be CONDITIONS, so the hedging action already present could be used.

ryanklefas:
I'm thinking that the "equity trailing stops" would be CONDITIONS, so the hedging action already present could be used.

thanks, Ryan.....

Reason: