Multi-indics indicator - page 8

Different indicators.

Hi FerruFx, I see you have done all the other changes and added the coefs adjustments.

Regarding the indicators, is it at all possible to give each indicator a true/false selection in the setup, thus allowing each trader to select the indicator set of choice and the freedom to set these as they need regarding the invluence towards the calculations.

Also at the same time set which timeframes should be used in the calculation also by a true/false selection for each timeframe.

I think this will tie things up pretty good as far as customizeability towards the already greate indicator.

Thanx

4xtrend

yorkyjohnny,

Thanks for your great comments and for your questions which make progress the indicators towards a better version.

My answers in red below.

yorkyjohnny:
However, I have 2 questions if it is possible for you to please answer:-

i) By only opening the one indicator, will the calculation for TREND be correct/accurate? or does it require both indicators to be added and active, as you originally stated? In other words, will it be scanning all 98 sections for info or only half? It is difficult to tell from the TREND figures being displayed, which appear reasonably accurate and consistent. The light version has all the calculation in only 1 file. Only choose which one you want to display (indy or chart)

ii) Is there any way possible for me to move the TREND box (which appears fixed), to some other part of the screen/chart display area should I so wish? If not, I can certaily live with it as it is.!!! Yes move with X and Y parameters
yorkyjohnny:
Meanwhile, could you please let me have the MACD and Stochastic settings that you are using in your calculations, as I notice that these two are the indys that are generally lagging behind most of the other indys, particularly in the higher to mid-range TF's.

MACD and STOCH:

If Main > Signal : UP

If Main < Signal : DOWN

4xtrend:
Regarding the indicators, is it at all possible to give each indicator a true/false selection in the setup, thus allowing each trader to select the indicator set of choice and the freedom to set these as they need regarding the invluence towards the calculations.

Also at the same time set which timeframes should be used in the calculation also by a true/false selection for each timeframe.

I think this will tie things up pretty good as far as customizeability towards the already greate indicator.

Yes it would be a great custom but i don't know how to solve the calculation problem when one or more indy/TF are "false".

If someone here has an idea ...

Big Joe& FerruFX: Hello!

Big Joe:
Perfect !

A great thank you FerruFx !

THANK YOU

Small considerations for your manual trading :

Be cool, and don't overtrade, NEVER !!!

If you monitor only gbpusd, there is enough to do for one man

An enter at the level of 75 % is a nice compromise i think.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Could one of you, post the template from #61 post please.

FerruFX light version is different than, the version from post #61.

I would like to have your indicator with WAE and Stochostics. Thanks!

With reagrds,

Sincerely,

rswamy4449

Further progress with FerruFx indicator!

FerruFx:
yorkyjohnny,

Thanks for your great comments and for your questions which make progress the indicators towards a better version.

My answers in red below.

MACD and STOCH:

If Main > Signal : UP

If Main < Signal : DOWN

Hi FerruFx....thank you once again for answering my questions in a very timely manner. I am sorry for confusing the issue, but I meant to ask you for the MACD and Stochastic 'parameters', i.e. Stochastic: %D, %K, Slowing, Price field, MA method and for MACD: Fast EMA, Slow EMA, MACD SMA, Apply to. With this information, I will be able to detirmine the speed of indicators being used in your calculations.

I really like the suggestion made by 4xtrend who asks:-

"Hi FerruFx, I see you have done all the other changes and added the coefs adjustments.

Also at the same time set which timeframes should be used in the calculation also by a true/false selection for each timeframe."

If this can be done it would achieve all the items I originally suggested, although the additions/improvements you have made so far are really good and go a long way to achieving our goals.

As regards the calculations for the formula required, when switching off a certain number of indicators and TF's, as you say this may be a tricky one. Having no programming experience, any suggestion I make may not make sense and appear over simplified, so please excuse me if I am on the wrong track.

If there are 14 indicators and 7 TF's and they are all activated, then there are 98 items contributing to 100% of the calculation formula applied to produce the TREND. If they are all treated equally, with the same value per item, this relates to 1.0204081% each item. If for example only 10 indys and 4TF's were activated ('true' selected), there would be only 40 items now sharing at the 100% formula calculation , requiring an increase to 2.50% each per item. A further calculation would be required of course, to allow for any changes to the weighting of the coefs.

It just seems to be a mathematical problem, but I am possibly over simplyfying matters. I'll leave this with you and perhaps someone else with programming experience may be able to put forward a solution.

johnny

Quite Close to what I was looking for and could up to now just wish and imagine...

This is so far the most comprehensive looking indicator I have come across which provides info on multiple indicators across various timeframes. BRAVO FerruFx.

This is like a wish come true. I like to view price effects on how indicators respond / perform based on price movement across several time frames. Initially, I had to contend myself with the various MTF indicators. However I could only put up 3 MTF Indicators on my chart which as it is... already looks crowded.

Then I came across Digistoch and GMACD which was kindly shared at the Yahoo MT4 Group. And I said WOW .... Digistoch and MACD I thought provided me an idea as to what was happening with this 2 indis across several time frames and it was digital and occupied little space.

I could only wonder before if what you FerruFx have done here. Thank you very much and I will be testing this this week.

If I may be allowed to further wonder as I have no skills to program now, is it possible to have the color coding of the indicator against time info (GMACD) and / or the color coded numerical value of the Digistoch adapted to the Multi-Indicator Info Window of FerruFx.

I am attaching a copy of the 2 indicators here. As you will see first on the Digistoch, numerical values of the Stochastics for each TF is color coded as explained on the lower right corner of the window. I think this is basically the same color coding used for the GMACD.

Maybe someone here could look into the code of the 2 indicators and see if it is possible to apply on FerruFx already useful indicator. I really do not know if this is possible. 'Just thinking allowed here just incase you have not come across the 2 indis which hopefully is possible to adapt to the already comprehensive indivator of FerruFx.

yano125

How do I attach a file here? I can't seem to remember how to do it now. The paper clip above and the Attach file icon below does not work on my computer.

yano125:
How do I attach a file here? I can't seem to remember how to do it now. The paper clip above and the Attach file icon below does not work on my computer.

Dont press the paperclip. just scroll down and you will see a section.

"Manage Attachments"

Mart

Template

Big Joe:
Perfect !

A great thank you FerruFx !

THANK YOU

Small considerations for your manual trading :

Be cool, and don't overtrade, NEVER !!!

If you monitor only gbpusd, there is enough to do for one man An enter at the level of 75 % is a nice compromise i think.

Big Joe,can you post your template?because my chart cannot display correctly like yours

rswamy4449:

Could one of you, post the template from #61 post please.

FerruFX light version is different than, the version from post #61.

I would like to have your indicator with WAE and Stochostics. Thanks!

With reagrds,

Sincerely,

rswamy4449

rswamy4449,

The template in post #61 is the v1.1 version (post #49) not the light.

The WAE indicator is posted in post #6 and the Stoch is in your platform MT4.

yorkyjohnny:
I am sorry for confusing the issue, but I meant to ask you for the MACD and Stochastic 'parameters', i.e. Stochastic: %D, %K, Slowing, Price field, MA method and for MACD: Fast EMA, Slow EMA, MACD SMA, Apply to. With this information, I will be able to detirmine the speed of indicators being used in your calculations.

MACD: 12.26.9, price_close

STOCH: 5.3.3, mode_sma, close/close

yorkyjohnny:
Regarding the indicators, is it at all possible to give each indicator a true/false selection in the setup ...

... Also at the same time set which timeframes should be used in the calculation also by a true/false selection for each timeframe."

It just seems to be a mathematical problem, but I am possibly over simplyfying matters. I'll leave this with you and perhaps someone else with programming experience may be able to put forward a solution.

I'll try to do this on Monday. For me it's not a mathematical problem but just a programming problem. Who doesn't try, will never achieve his goal!

With everybody here, we will make a good tool.

Reason: