Multi-indics indicator - page 6

ssotiro:
I seem to be having a problem putting them bith in one window, though. No complaints. Even in two places, this is a very good trend indicator.

Attach the 1st indicator to the chart. A separate window opens and displays the first alf results.

Then, from the "navigator" window you "drag and drop" the 2nd indicators in the 1st indi window.

FerruFx

forex_angel:
can you hide the ( pips to stop , stoploss ... information ) + daily pivots+ daily range and only keep the trend results ( up % -down % , weak-strong ) + ( macd , rsi , cci , .. etc ?

Hope you like it!

FerruFx

Files:

FerruFx:
Hope you like it! FerruFx

that's it !

I can't thank you enough , thank you very very much

FerruFx:
Hope you like it! FerruFx

Also worked for me.

Thanks!

Nice work....

Excellent job with new indicator!

FerruFx:
Hi all,

Here's the new version of this 2 indicators.

Version v1.1:

1. In this version, you can give more force to which TFs you want for the Up&DOWN calculation. You can choose yourself your coefs.

2. Possibility to display the "Open Trade Analysis", "Daily Pivots" and "Daily Range" on the chart window (for the small screens!). The indicators window resize automaticaly (see attached).

3. Bug for "Max lot to trade" solved.

4. Removal W1 Timeframe

The instructions for attach the 2 indicators are the same post #1.

Important: because of 2in1 indicator, you must set the 2 with the same parameters (true, false, coefs ... etc)

Hope you like this new version!

FerruFx

Hi FerruFx...you've made a great improvement to the indicator, which now allows total flexibility for weighting various TF's. I will be interested to experiment with various coef permutations.

You've made it clear that the coefs must total 7 and the settings in both indys must be the same. If I wish to remove the influence of D1 from the indy, I assume this can be achieved by setting the D1 coef to 0, or 0.0, or would it be better to put a small value of say 0.01?

Anyone wishing to use this as a 'Trend' indy only, as an aid to timing entry and exit in conjunction with some other system, the only information that needs to be dispayed is the TREND "Up" and "Down" box and nothing else. This would make a very neat, small and very useful indicator and if it was possible to place it anywhere on the chart display area (right, left, top or bottom) this would be really cool.

When you think about it, you don't need to see what the "up" or "down" reading for each indy is at any given time, because the way you have been using it in your trading tests is to go long if trend is "up" and short if "down". You have to believe the TREND display at any given time and take the appropriate action, regardless of what each individual indy is showing (up or down). Out of all the indys displayed, if you were to ignore the TREND readout by waiting for your favorites to fall in sync with the majority, you may enter too late and miss the move, particularly if scalping, which this can be used for. Also in that instance you would be using discretion, which is something we try to remove as much as possible in our trading.

The ideal scenario would be to have user selection of how much info you wish to have displayed on the screen, from as little as TREND box only, to partial to full display as per the original. I personally would like to be able to switch off the display of daily pivots, daily range etc should I so choose.

I offer these suggestions to consider, if it is at all possible and not too difficult to achieve. I do think that a small TREND box, with all the various indy calculations working unseen in the background would make for a great, versatile indicator.

johnny

yorkyjohnny:
You've made it clear that the coefs must total 7 and the settings in both indys must be the same. If I wish to remove the influence of D1 from the indy, I assume this can be achieved by setting the D1 coef to 0, or 0.0, or would it be better to put a small value of say 0.01?

The problem is that a "0" coef doesn't remove totally the influence of a TF because the calculation will be done always with 98 indicators (14 x 7 TFs). I don't know how to solve it.

yorkyjohnny:
The ideal scenario would be to have user selection of how much info you wish to have displayed on the screen, from as little as TREND box only, to partial to full display as per the original. I personally would like to be able to switch off the display of daily pivots, daily range etc should I so choose.

I try to do something in that way.

Thanks for your feedback.

Today no trade.

The valatility seems to tell me: FerruFx, change the rules please!

I am thinking about entry in trade only if an open level is reach (example: 75%).

Perfect !

A great thank you FerruFx !

THANK YOU

Small considerations for your manual trading :

Be cool, and don't overtrade, NEVER !!!

If you monitor only gbpusd, there is enough to do for one man

An enter at the level of 75 % is a nice compromise i think.

FerruFx:
Today no trade.

The valatility seems to tell me: FerruFx, change the rules please!

I am thinking about entry in trade only if an open level is reach (example: 75%).

What do you mean by the OPEN LEVEL is reach?