Step Ma EA - page 10

newdigital:
Step_MA_Expert EA with default settings except MM - MM set to false to trade by fix lot size.

===============

- StepMa_3D Ea_v1 is on this post.

- StepMa_3D EA is on this post.

- the settings of StepMa_3D EA for M15 timeframe is here.

- Step_MA_Expert EA with settings - use this post.

Hi ND. Thanks for the reports. I have Windows XP, put the expert in correct folder, Indy in the Indy folder, had the smiley face and ran MT4 for 3 days, no trades.

Not sure what could be the trouble, maybe 4 or 5 digit Broker? I also loaded the set file to make sure I had same settings but no go.

TIA for any help

Hi jayjonbeach,

Check settings:

Metatrader - Tools - Options:

- enable EA - yes

- disable experts when ... - no

- allow live trading - yes

- ask manual confirmation - no

- allow dll imports - yes

- confirm dll - no

- allow external ... yes

Click on EA face on the chart - and the same:

- confirm dll - no

- allow external ... yes

besides, EA is not trading often - I am using 8 pairs (and some of them are profitbale, some of them - not). For example - profitable pairs for now are EURUSD and AUDUSD. The situation may be changed all the time because I just started to use/to trade this EA 2 weeks ago.

Latest trades:

- 24th of August: 2 trades closed for GBPCHF and GBPJPY

- weekend: no trading (market is closed)

- 27th of august (monday): one trade closed for GBPUSD

- today: 2 trades closed for GBPJPY.

no open trades for now.

newdigital:
Hi jayjonbeach,

Check settings:

Metatrader - Tools - Options:

- enable EA - yes

- confirm dll - no

- allow external ... yes

Click on EA face on the chart - and the same:

- confirm dll - no

- allow external ... yes

besides, EA is not trading often - I am using 8 pairs (and some of them are profitbale, some of them - not). For example - profitable pairs for now are EURUSD and AUDUSD. The situation may be changed all the time because I just started to use/to trade this EA 2 weeks ago.

Latest trades:

- 24th of August: 2 trades closed for GBPCHF and GBPJPY

- weekend: no trading (market is closed)

- 27th of august (monday): one trade closed for GBPUSD

- today: 2 trades closed for GBPJPY.

no open trades for now.

Thanks for your reply ND. That probably explains it then, I only had it on one pair, all settings are as you posted.

I don't think it is set up optimally, the logic that is, if it is not trading very often. The rules in the original post would be good, and the very simple idea I posted a page or two back maybe even better.

I am reading Coding Guru's manual learning how to code but have a good ways to go, maybe you or Mr. Tools can help us here to get this very good Indicator trading automatically the way it should be (and is perfect for automation imho too).

doesnt look interesting

Because this version (Step_MA_Expert EA) is not trading often - just from 1 to few trades in a week only from all the pairs.

New EA for thread

Hello All. I created an EA based on version 7 StepMa. Trouble is I don't think the SL, TP, and TS are working, and it really needs a time filter, hopefully one that allows multiple time starts and stops. It also really needs a BE option with the stop options, this is very important for this EA imho, since many times it exits late after being ahead. So after ____ of pips (or $ for GOLD?) , where ___ is selectable, a BE stop (entry +1) is put in place.

It works just as intended, have tested it and it opens trades once angle of Step has changed and candle has closed, then on opposite signal it closes first trade and opens another. It is NOT profitable (well with changed settings I got it profitable on H4...) as is, so I don't advise anyone using it on live account!

I am hoping Mr. Tools can fix the SL etc issue and add the time filter? I think has potential once these things are done.

My coding is terrible at best, I am very green (and really a cut and paste hacker ATM )

p.s - the one other thing I want to have as an option for this, is instead of ONLY waiting for a candle to close before an order is closed and another sent, is to also have the option of NOT waiting if price has moved ____ number or pips since the last candle, where ___ is selectable. The reason this is needed, is to not get in late on big moves like during news etc and end up chasing price, or exiting late in such cases. Anyway this is wishlist and not as important as other two options.

jayjonbeach:
Hello All. I created an EA based on version 7 StepMa. Trouble is I don't think the SL, TP, and TS are working, and it really needs a time filter, hopefully one that allows multiple time starts and stops. It also really needs a BE option with the stop options, this is very important for this EA imho, since many times it exits late after being ahead. So after ____ of pips (or $ for GOLD?) , where ___ is selectable, a BE stop (entry +1) is put in place.

It works just as intended, have tested it and it opens trades once angle of Step has changed and candle has closed, then on opposite signal it closes first trade and opens another. It is NOT profitable (well with changed settings I got it profitable on H4...) as is, so I don't advise anyone using it on live account!

I am hoping Mr. Tools can fix the SL etc issue and add the time filter? I think has potential once these things are done.

My coding is terrible at best, I am very green (and really a cut and paste hacker ATM )

p.s - the one other thing I want to have as an option for this, is instead of ONLY waiting for a candle to close before an order is closed and another sent, is to also have the option of NOT waiting if price has moved ____ number or pips since the last candle, where ___ is selectable. The reason this is needed, is to not get in late on big moves like during news etc and end up chasing price, or exiting late in such cases. Anyway this is wishlist and not as important as other two options.

Hi Jayjonbeach,

Am working on it and from what i can see you didn't do bad.

mrtools:
This is Step Ma Ea was originally Step Ma Ea_v1.45, added the ecn broker code, updated the 5 digit code in the Ea and indicator. My understanding of the code and how the Ea works from my testing. The Ea use the StepMa_v8EA indicator to make its decisions, for sells price must be coming from above the step ma and break the ma down + delta short pips then it should enter a sell the Ea use the step ma to determine its exits if price move delta short exit pips from price the Ea will close the trade, in the chart pictures i am showing some trades it took, and some possible potential. When these trades were taken i had delta short exit at 1 not for sure exactly how it worked and was using an old set file, but earlier this week the Ea took some sells on gbpusd would have been major winners if i would have had my settings right, have since changed delta short and long exits to 10. Buys work the same as the sells, in the setfile it is just basic starting settings for the Ea. You can choose either letting the indicators direction close your trades or you can use initial stop loss long and short and take profit long and short for regular stops and take profits. Anything that has the word size in it is using a formula from the indicator step size. The break even uses a break even gap and break even its in pips it uses Kz a volatility setting but it is hard coded at one, how it works is its break even time kz + break even gap is your actual break even. Also if you wish for more confirmation there is an EMA inside for that it is controlled by filter period. As i think of more things to add to how this Ea works will let every one know, oh another thing is buys should work exactly same as sells if your settings are mirroring each other. Am working on on an replacement indicator for this Ea am pretty close to having it complete, it will not repaint the colors, the indicator in this Ea far as i can see the Ea is using the numbers 0 and 5 buffer or guess should say not the colored part of the indicator, so should be fine. Again in the pictures you can see the quick opens and closes am sure it was because i had delta short exits at 1, which didn't give the Ea room to do its thing, so in the set file attached this should be at 10 now, which still may be too close, but will see.

pls newdigit .. am confused abt dis EA u are puting ..can u pls help me with d one that is profitable ? and tell me abt it too...tnks

mrtools:
Hi Jayjonbeach, Am working on it and from what i can see you didn't do bad.

AWESOME thanks! (and thanks, I had a little help... ) Looking forward to testing for sure, I think with right settings this bad boy will be profitable.

Hi fabulono,

It is too early to say about which EA is more profitable here on this thread.

Because ... if we say about Step_MA_Expert EA so this EA is not trading often - we need more time to trade.

As to StepMa_3D Ea so this EA is profitable for some pairs but it may be good to improve it.

let's wait for MrTools to check new EA (coded by jayjonbeach) - EA may be promising.

Reason: