Step Ma EA - page 5

Hi drunkpips,

It means - he will make improved version of 1.45 and will upload it to here on this public thread.

No need to be elite member for it sorry.

ok thanks a bunch

drunkpips:
i feel this EA is not functioning properly. it keep opening buy trade on virtually on pairs even when the stepma_3d_v3 crossed down signalling a bearish move. can anyone help in looking at it pls

Hello Drunkpips,

It is being looked at now and more than likely will be replaced by the elite section clone version, of 1.45.

Btw. Drunkpips, know it probably wasn't good experience for you but testing and sharing your results very important in the Ea development process, really appreciate it and please keep it up.

Just an update version 1.45 guess you can call it restoration is complete hopefully, just waiting for it to trade and go from there, problems i found was the indicator the Ea was using had never been modified for extra digit brokers, even though some of the functions the Ea was using had been changed for extra digits, so my best guess is the Ea was using different data from indicator,than what was actually happening to make its decisions. My hope is to get it back how it was 3 or 4 years ago as a solid performer. Added Ecn compatibility and should work on any broker regardless of digits,suffix,or prefix, along with the auto magic number. Anyway once it trades and I get things together to make a visual presentation of how it works, will post, but can give an example of what Igorad said about the workings of the Ea. He leaves little gold nuggets you just have to search a bit, and found them very helpful and explained very well

Hi Sadaloma,

I think that some questions in your post concern me not Newdigital.

In this EA I try to use some new trade technique.

Entry rules:

1. StepMA must change direction

Optimized inputs : Length and Kv or StepSize.

2. EMA is used as the filter ( EMA Period must be optimized ).

3. Momentum of StepMA ( abs difference between StepMA[1] and StepMA[2]) must be more Delta (optimized parameter).

Exit rules:

1. System Exit - StepMA must change direction, but here can be used any other exit rule.

2. Exit by Trailing Stop - TS is calculated on the basis of StepMA displaced on value depending from the StepSize and Ks factor (optimized parameter ).

You can see as it works if attach StepMA_v7 with ColorMode=1.

3. Exit by BreakEven - BreakEven and BreakEvenGap are optimized parameters. Some explanations concerning BreakEvenGap: if profit reaches Breakeven than StopLoss moves to Order Open Price +/- BreakEvenGap ( '+' for Buy, '-' for Sell).

4. Exit by Trailing Profit - I have developed this trade technique recently.

I try to not limit profit by fixed TakeProfit. TP is calculated on the basis of StepMA displaced on value depending from the StepSize and Kp factor (optimized parameter ).

Used presets I have received for MetaQuotes data. So for best results you should receive optimized inputs for other brokers.

Regards,

Igor

Files:

mrtools:
Just an update version 1.45 guess you can call it restoration is complete hopefully, just waiting for it to trade and go from there, problems i found was the indicator the Ea was using had never been modified for extra digit brokers, even though some of the functions the Ea was using had been changed for extra digits, so my best guess is the Ea was using different data from indicator,than what was actually happening to make its decisions. My hope is to get it back how it was 3 or 4 years ago as a solid performer. Added Ecn compatibility and should work on any broker regardless of digits,suffix,or prefix, along with the auto magic number. Anyway once it trades and I get things together to make a visual presentation of how it works, will post, but can give an example of what Igorad said about the workings of the Ea. He leaves little gold nuggets you just have to search a bit, and found them very helpful and explained very well

ok, am still hoping and praying while waiting

I hope you get this thing fixed, mrtools, since about 75% of my trades

are being entered without any crosses.

Rob

Hi MrTools,

I have an idea.

What if we will ignore fast green line of indicator, and we will consider medium pink line and slow deepskyblue line only?

In this case ... instead of

fsmanow > msmanow && fsmapre ssmanow); fsmanow msmanow && msmanow < ssmanow);

We will have the following:

bool reEntryBuy = (msmanow > ssmanow && msmanow < ssmanow); bool reEntrySell = (msmanow ssmanow);

and if we will have default settings as the following:

================

EcnBroker = true;

SymbolsPrefix = "";

UseAutoMagic = true;

extern int ManualMagic = 81818181;

lStopLoss = 150;

sStopLoss = 150;

lTakeProfit = 250;

sTakeProfit = 250;

lTrailingStop = 0;

sTrailingStop = 0;

Slippage = 4;

Lots = 0.10;

MaximumRisk = 0.00;

DecreaseFactor = 0;

Length = 10; // Volty Length

Kv = 1; // Sensivity Factor

MA_Mode = 0; // Volty MA Mode : 0-SMA, 1-LWMA

StepSizeMIN = 0; // Minimum Step Size (if need)

StepSizeMAX = 0; // Maximum Step Size (if need)

ShiftMIN = 0;

ShiftMID = 0;

ShiftMAX = 0;

bar = 1;

string __ReEntry = "Using Rentry";

UseReEntry = true;

UseStepMaClose = true;

Close.Length = 10;

Close.Kv = 1;

Close.MA_Mode = 0;

Close.StepSizeMIN = 1;

Close.StepSizeMAX = 1;

Close.ShiftMIN = 0;

Close.ShiftMID = 0;

Close.ShiftMAX = 0;

Close.bar = 1;

SpreadProtection = true; // If the spread is widen than normal (News time) we will not open positions or continue positions until it normalize

PipTolerance = 5; // value in pips over normal spread to activate the SpreadProtection.

string _time = "Time Filter";

StartHour = 7; // Start Hour of Trade Session

StartMinute = 0; // Start Minute of Trade Session

EndHour = 20; // End Hour of Trade Session

EndMinute = 0; // End Hour of Trade Session

===========

so - may be - it will work?

But in this case - we will need to check for exit (to exclude fast line too) and exit on opposite signal (medium/slow line crossing) ... because ...

what is Close.StepSizeMIN = 1 and Close.StepSizeMAX = 1?

1 = true, right?

is it related to fast line as well ...

if we will remove fast line completely from EA for entry/reentry/exit ...

may be - it will work ...

Just an idea.

ChicagoRob:
I hope you get this thing fixed, mrtools, since about 75% of my trades

are being entered without any crosses.

Rob

Its been thrown in the trash can(the earlier one i posted) and watching the 1.45 version and seeing how it performs before posting it, would advise not to use the version i posted am convinced the v3d indicator repaints.

ps) meant to add that, not real convinced that the indicator the 1.45 version is using is not repainting noticed in other parts of the forum was posted that StepMa_v7a was repainting the colors, so may have to rebuild the indicator, version 1.45 is using StepMa_v7Ea, now its v8a because i added 5 digit code, but it is almost the same as the reported repainting version.

Hi Newdigital,

Dont know the repainting i saw was mainly on the fast green but saw some on the middle pink one, the slow no repainting I could see visibly on 1 min chart. So not sure how using the middle and slow would work.

I did not check repainting sorry.

may be - it is "repainting" on the same way as colored line of indicator (line which is still colored compare with the line which finished coloring)?

may be - we can use the other StepMA indicator?

Reason: