V1andV2 Hedged EA: Beautiful Equity Curve - page 29

Hmmmm interesting. Opening a trade on the same pair at a different time/different account. I wonder what an optimized frequency would be?

Doing this should result in less of a draw down. So, if the accounts were started in greater frequencies, then a balanced equity curve might be even smoother than it already is

saintmo:
cucurucu,

I probably don't understand all the nuances of this system, but would like to run something past you.

If instead of opening a $9000 account and starting with .03 lots (3 times amount of your $3000 based account) I opened 3 separate $3000 accounts each starting with .01 lots but with each separate account starting trading a day apart or a week apart or some different frequency would you think that I could reasonably expect $1500 per month (or whatever amount) with less risk than one single $9000 account? Or would the risk be too similar to bother with separate smaller accounts?

I hoped I explained that well enough.

Thanks,

saintrade

This is a good idea. It's worth to try.

cucurucu:
I understand and I like your idea. You can definitely expect 1500/month and with somehow lower risk. I think you should look for 10-15 distance from the "previous" account when you start the EAs on the next account.

Let's say that on your first account you have last long order @ 1.3500, you should start your EAs on the second account when the price is around 1.3510-1.3515. On your third account use the same logic but compare the short trades.

I hope you understand my logic.

There is no point in waiting 1 dat or 1 week if you start the EAs at a very close price to the last order in your previous account. They will close at the same time and when they will start over you will have exactly the same trades on all the accounts.

If someone wants to go live with real money, please read this post. I think it is interesting.

Yes, I understand and appreciate the quick response. I need to give this some further thought but definitely want to give this a shot.

Thanks again,

saintmo

cucurucu:
I understand and I like your idea. You can definitely expect 1500/month and with somehow lower risk. I think you should look for 10-15 distance from the "previous" account when you start the EAs on the next account.

Let's say that on your first account you have last long order @ 1.3500, you should start your EAs on the second account when the price is around 1.3510-1.3515. On your third account use the same logic but compare the short trades.

I hope you understand my logic.

There is no point in waiting 1 dat or 1 week if you start the EAs at a very close price to the last order in your previous account. They will close at the same time and when they will start over you will have exactly the same trades on all the accounts.

If someone wants to go live with real money, please read this post. I think it is interesting.

That was indeed a cool idea! But it is set in using the Standard Account, and not mini account, right?

So if I were to use it on EURUSD as suggested, I need to open 2 charts, and attach V1 and V2 to each of the charts, separately, right? And based on computation, per $3000 should net around $500 monthly?!?

This is a brilliant idea indeed. I have to agree with cucurucu, wait and see if you are in an uptrend ( so you have a lot of sells open on the first account) then start the second account from there. If uptrend continues, start the third account after you have a lot of sells on both accounts. If not start third account when you have buys on either account. This could somehow enhance the hedge if I'm thinking straight. Of course testing is needed.

PS1: Why use 3 accounts? Could this not be done on a single account with $9,000?

PS2: If we do this right, maybe there is no need to limit levels?

gmax111:
i found another problem when MultiplierS && MultiplierL != 2... The EA removes all the levels...

When both are !=2 or even just one of them?

Thanks

Another idea I'm having, when in an uptrend we could start the buy EA (V1?) yet again (so 3 EAs running at once, a magic number is needed but should be easy to install) or increase the MultiplierL on Bolla version and vise versa. Any comments on this?

Pinggarcia:
That was indeed a cool idea! But it is set in using the Standard Account, and not mini account, right? So if I were to use it on EURUSD as suggested, I need to open 2 charts, and attach V1 and V2 to each of the charts, separately, right? And based on computation, per $3000 should net around $500 monthly?!?

Yes. Download my (original) versions of V1 and V2 and attach V1 to one chart and V2 to another chart. Default settings.

Yes. You are right again. For 3000$ as account balance, I got around $500 monthly. The backtest over 2006 shows the same. Forward testing from september 2006 (or october ... I don't remember) show the same. I'm sorry I don't have statements older than february 2007. HDD problems . ... but since I'm not selling these EAs, I don't have to prove anything. right?

I just don't see how this can work. If one of my orders closes at TP=26 and the other closes at SL=1000 how can I make money?

matrixebiz:
I just don't see how this can work. If one of my orders closes at TP=26 and the other closes at SL=1000 how can I make money?

If one of your orders closes at TP=26, the other ones are closing at the exact same price (no matter if in profit or loss). Per total you will win. You will never hit that SL.

Read my posts on this thread (including the re-posts from mikejody on the first page). Also you can check the statement for the last 3 months.

Reason: