V1andV2 Hedged EA: Beautiful Equity Curve - page 25

Newdigital,

Thank you for your contribution and encouragement.

Yes, this EA does well in a ranging market, it also does much better in a trending market because of the hedging concept. This is why I said in the beginning that this EA does well in both ranging and trending markets.

I am about ready to close on my 3rd 5% take profit in about 3 weeks. During this time we have had several trends mixed with market ranging.

This is truly a very nice EA.

newdigital:
I am testing it as well.

But I confused with versions. May be i am testing some old version ... i don't know ...

I downloaded some version from somewhere on this thread, changed the settings slightly and changed something inside the code to start with 0.1 lot size. I attached EA i am using (default settings).

Please find the statements for 2 days testing:

- normal statement;

- statements by pairs in pips and in deposit currency;

- image statement (it is the statement in separate window in the images: green color is balance and red color line is the equity).

As we see from image statements: USDJPY performed very good during those 2 days. Because it was choppy market on USDJPY according to MTF_AbsoluteStrengh indicator setted for H1 in the settings and attached to M5 chart: it was uptrend and downtrend on the same time which is indicating choppy market.

I will test it more up to deposit will completely go down to zero (because of margins).

Because i started to test with very small deposit size (5,000 using 0.1 lot). But, anyway we may make one conclusion already: this EA is performing fine with choppy market condition.

Is it possible to predict the market condition? Yes, but it will takes long time for me in the morning (every morning up to 1 hour every day) so basicly I can not do it because of that (because of this 1 hour spending in the morning). I will post some template tomorrow so everybody can do it. But please note that prediction of the market condition is very very approximate thing. But it is better than nothing anyway.

Thanks to everybody for this EA. And special thanks to mikejody.

It is really good tool. It is necessary to investigate about how to and when to use it.

May be I am testing wrong version so sorry because I did not read all the posts from this thread.

buko

Junior Member Join Date: Apr 2006

Great Ea

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I miss something here? I can only get buys from the new version. Is that right?

Thanks

Hi. Just now I understand what he has said.

Backtesting latest Bolla version, submitted today(V1+v2 new2[1].1, when the TURBO indicator is on, the EA opens only buy orders.

Anyone having same trouble? Any idea?

Thanks

Hi Mike,

Since this tread is getting rather long...

It may be best to edit your very first post with your most current setting and EA version so that folks are always asking "Whats the newest version and whats the best setting"

JJLL:
Hi Mike,

Since this tread is getting rather long...

It may be best to edit your very first post with your most current setting and EA version so that folks are always asking "Whats the newest version and whats the best setting"

I agree, and I'm hoping to have time to do that this coming weekend.

mikejody:
Newdigital,

Yes, this EA does well in a ranging market, it also does much better in a trending market because of the hedging concept. This is why I said in the beginning that this EA does well in both ranging and trending markets.

I am about ready to close on my 3rd 5% take profit in about 3 weeks. During this time we have had several trends mixed with market ranging.

which version are you using and what's the setting? hope we can forward test too. i visually backtested and see the EA only open up to 4 positions. i am using my own setting, gap started with 6.

mikejody:
Newdigital,

Hi Mike,

I want to tell you (and everybody else) that this concept is not a true(complete hedging). Imagine the price going 200 pips up. You will have 8 short orders(0.01+0.02+0.04+0.08+0.16+0.32+0.64+1.28) and only one long!(0.01) ... so the most of the shorts are not hedged. Just the first and smallest order is hedged. This is the worst case scenario.

the best case scenario will be a ranging market with 150-200 pips range.

Tomorrow I will post my 3 months statement.

cucurucu:
Hi Mike,

I want to tell you (and everybody else) that this concept is not a true(complete hedging). Imagine the price going 200 pips up. You will have 8 short orders(0.01+0.02+0.04+0.08+0.16+0.32+0.64+1.28) and only one long!(0.01) ... so the most of the shorts are not hedged. Just the first and smallest order is hedged. This is the worst case scenario.

yes i agree with you. This is pretty same as 10points3 EA or blessing.

i would prefer for you to design dynamic pipstep and TP so that it has more probability to hedge more positions.

i find this indicator for balance and equity

newdigital

i dont know if it s the same you have

please confirm

Files:

Cucurucu, yes, I do understand this. I guess we would all ask, "are you able to make a best case scenario EA?" One that would indeed be a "true hedge" and handle big trends acceptably?

cucurucu:
Hi Mike,

che:
i find this indicator for balance and equity

newdigital

i dont know if it s the same you have

please confirm

I am using indicator created by Igorad especially for me (for our forum). It is almost the same with well-known public indicator but only with magic number and some other options. I will not post it as it is something concerning the competition between the forums and it will be part of some tool to send image statements automatically from Metatrader to anywhere every 5 minutes for example (still under development). You may use well-known public indicator from Metaquotes codebase website (it is very similar with mine).

Please find updated statements. Balance is almost equal to equity now: +$470 in profit. It means if we close all opened trades for all 4 pairs so we will get money on deposit = closed trades. +$470.

Good performance till now.

Files:
by_pairs.zip  32 kb
v1_v2.htm  31 kb
v1_v2.gif  6 kb
Reason: