Screenshot script?

Is there a script that can take a screenshot every few seconds and save the .gif with an incremented filename so I can string the .gif files together to see how a given set of indicators looks over a period of time?

you will need another software for that, try Camtasia but that one will record your the video of your desktop

also you can program an exe file that take a screen shot and save it

Try the indicator attached that was kindly made available by Michal Rukta.

Here is a small description of it given by Michal:

SnapShotI - this indicator makes screen shots of active chart at regular intervals. By default, one tick after beginning of a new bar (user selectable). It is also possible to make more screen shots per bar. This indicator is very useful for analyzing signals from indicators, especially ones which redraw its history.

Files:
snapshoti.mq4  3 kb

testern:
Try the indicator attached that was kindly made available by Michal Rukta.

Here is a small description of it given by Michal:

SnapShotI - this indicator makes screen shots of active chart at regular intervals. By default, one tick after beginning of a new bar (user selectable). It is also possible to make more screen shots per bar. This indicator is very useful for analyzing signals from indicators, especially ones which redraw its history.

Thanks testern!!! That's exactly what I was looking for. I'll put it to good use starting today.

OK this utility is really cool. I have it saving the screenshots as 1024x768 and I simply go into the folder it makes and View as Slideshow and I can see over time exactly if the indicators redraw or whatever else. Thanks for the link! Best of luck this week trading.

You can also apply indicators to a running backtest chart. This won't work for every indicator, but it does for most.

Capturing Multiple Charts at One Time

I have searched through several forums and threads and have not been able to find an INDICATOR or SCRIPT to do the following.

Is there an indicator or script that meets the following or close to it:

1. Drag the indicator to ONE chart!

2. It SAVES an image of all the charts you have open on the MT4 platform!

3. Only one time!

4. Does not Save again until you add indicator once again.

I thaught I had seen a post or two about an indicator or script that auto saves images every minute or so, maybe that could be used or shut off to be used only once in a while.

Only looking to take images 4 times per day. Would be nice to have a feature to save them to an FTP or web storage space as we can with MT4 statements, but not necessary.

Thanks in advance,

MD

They moved my post here. Ignore the above questions.

This is a very nice tool.

Is there a way to have this save to FTP, website or forum?

This indicator is always free to use?

Thanks

Thanks testern for posting the indicator. SnapshotI. It has been a great help to me. I gust wont to let every one know that the screenshots are put under. Experts,files. I also found that if you select all the screen shots at once and open them all. You can page through them. This is the best way see if a indicator repaints. Jatki24300

Money Duck:
Is there a way to have this save to FTP, website or forum?

I use this one, attach as Ea to the chart or if you already use an EA insert the code inside the EA.

There is only one small problem, MT don't close the FTP connection after the upload is done. but most FTP server does after 2 or 3 minutes of inactivity.

Files:
Reason: