Product page are not saving gif as animated image.

Hello friends, I've been trying to publish a gif image on screenshots of my product, when the upload is complete I can see the animated image, however when I click on the button "save" the mql5 save as an static image even though is a gif. Are you having the same error as me?

How can I solve that?

Italo Santana Gomes:Hello friends, I've been trying to publish a gif image on screenshots of my product, when the upload is complete I can see the animated image, however when I click on the button "save" the mql5 save as an static image even though is a gif. Are you having the same error as me? How can I solve that?

It used to be that it had to be 640x480 (no more and no less). However, now it seems to have different rules for screenshots ...

Images should meet the following requirements:

• Maximum size: 1920x1080 pixels.
  • Minimum size: 720 pixels at least on one side.
  • Maximum file size: 2 MB
  • Format: GIF, PNG, JPG, JPEG.
  • All text in the screenshots should be in English and well readable.
  • Maximum number of screenshots: 12.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It used to be that it had to be 640x480 (no more and no less). However, now it seems to have different rules for screenshots ...

Oh ! It was changed very recently then. That's good news.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yeah, I know that, the GIF is still accepted, but the error I described is still happening.

Alain Verleyen #:
Oh ! It was changed very recently then. That's good news.

I agree, however the error or gif images is still happening, any possible solutions?

Italo Santana Gomes #:

I agree, however the error or gif images is still happening, any possible solutions?

Wait and be patient it'll take some time until it is implemented.

Carl Schreiber #:
Wait and be patient it'll take some time until it is implemented.

Ok, I will, thanks

Italo Santana Gomes #:I agree, however the error or gif images is still happening, any possible solutions?

It may well be that MetaQuotes has changed the policy and no longer accepts animated GIFS for screenshots. It is unknown at the moment.

We ourselves, as moderators, did not even know of these recent changes, and given that it is the weekend, we will only be able to ask the admin/devs from Monday onwards.

EDIT: I have asked an admin to comment. We will have to wait until Monday and hopefully we will get a reply about the issue.

I have tried it out for myself, and can confirm that it does indeed convert the GIF animation into a static image.

We will have to now wait for an official reply from admin/dev to find out if this is a bug or an official stance by MetaQoutes regarding the screenshots.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I have tried it out for myself, and can confirm that it does indeed convert the GIF animation into a static image.

We will have to now wait for an official reply from admin/dev to find out if this is a bug or an official stance by MetaQoutes regarding the screenshots.

All right, I will wait, thank you very much, when you have news can you send here?

Italo Santana Gomes #: All right, I will wait, thank you very much, when you have news can you send here?

Yes! In the message I send to an admin, I requested they comment here. Let's wait and see.

Reason: