Screenshot script? - page 5

mladen:
pgtips

I just took your EA placed it on a chart, and this is the screenshot it made :

So that part is working OK as far as I see

yes thats good now "I attach EA which I am pleased to say is working now apart from being able to select a folder for images"

its the image folder, a desirable rather than necessity but a different folder to files would be good .. but how?

PG

pgtips:
yes thats good now "I attach EA which I am pleased to say is working now apart from being able to select a folder for images"

its the image folder, a desirable rather than necessity but a different folder to files would be good .. but how?

PG

pgtips

Just add a folder name to the file name (like this filename = "folderName\\"+Symbol()+" sell "+ StringSubstr(("0"+Period()),StringLen("0"+Period())-2,2)+" min #"+ticket+" EA.gif";) and it will work

thank you Mladen, that helps to keep it tidy (you forgot to add semi colon at the end but keep practising ;-)

Is it only possible in MT4 to save to subfolder of files?

pgtips:
thank you Mladen, that helps to keep it tidy (you forgot to add semi colon at the end but keep practising ;-) Is it only possible in MT4 to save to subfolder of files?

pgtips

That would already go to a subfolder in the files folder (the "folderName\\" part). If you wish to add more subfolders, then use something like that instead of that part : "folderName\\subFolderLevel1\\subFolderLevel2\\"

but can you go up Mladen?

so

C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\C12345678910ABCDEFFE\MQL4\Files\images

is what we have now

can I have

C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\C12345678910ABCDEFFE\MQL4\images

or

C:\images

or even

c:\programfiles\metatrader\...\images

Curious to know, shortcuts remove any problem accessing folder, I just like to know

my thanks as always

PG

pgtips:
but can you go up Mladen?

so

C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\C12345678910ABCDEFFE\MQL4\Files\images

is what we have now

can I have

C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\C12345678910ABCDEFFE\MQL4\images

or

C:\images

or even

c:\programfiles\metatrader\...\images

Curious to know, shortcuts remove any problem accessing folder, I just like to know

my thanks as always

PG

pgtips

Your files are not going to be saved in the "images" sub-folder of MQL4 folder

They are going to be saved in the "files" sub-folder of MQL4 folder

Any sub-folder will be crated there too and you can make arbitrary depth of sub-folders. Just add "subFoldeName1\\subFolderName2\\subFolderName3\\" (for example) in front of the file name. Try it and you shall see how it does it

Thank you Mladen,

I understand, I just wanted to know if it was possible to code that was all.

As it is not possible the question was a bit confusing.

my thanks,

PG

is it possible to create one that takes a screenshot every second...i trade 15min , the current EA only allows a shot every 15min , i would like to see how indicator performs on current candle and not on close on candle.

yes i do know many screenshots will be saved :-) but worth the research no?

please help.

mwambaFX:
is it possible to create one that takes a screenshot every second...i trade 15min , the current EA only allows a shot every 15min , i would like to see how indicator performs on current candle and not on close on candle.

yes i do know many screenshots will be saved :-) but worth the research no?

please help.

It can be done (using the new mt4 timer) but it would probably block your terminal if you would save a snapshot each second

Better to use some screen video capture in that case

Reason: