Cycle indicators - page 14

I did not see your attachment

but give you a warning -- most cycle alike indicator repaint too much

as you might notice already, cycle length varies (e.g. 1 will last for 2.5 day, then next 1 will last for 0.8 day) so if you assume the 0.8 day up cycle will last 2 to 3 days this time, you could be very wrong

of course, without reading yours, I just give my own 2 cents on this TYPE of indicators (waste of time to recode it)

rumbaut:
Hello

I really like the use of MTF option, I found two indicators, maybe you know about them already: cycle identifier, and auto trendline. Also i want to use another ind that need to be created first.

I would like to haveautotrendline.ex4, cycleidentifier.mq4 and another ind named "JsRs" with mtf option that check the value of Gann Hi-Lo, mcadd, ema cross (4,6,14), and RSI (> or < 50)

BUY: Gann flip below current bar, cross mcadd, ema cross, rsi>50

SELL: Gann flip above current bar, cross mcadd, ema cross, rsi<50

Note: Mcadd , and EMA, have the option to select what value i will use

Signals in mtf : one SYMBOL (GREEN UP/RED SELL) for 3 conditions met, another SYMBOL (GREEN UP/RED SELL)for all 4 conditions met

Strategy for Cycle Identifier:

I know that this ind gives a lot of false signals and repaint a lot, BUT, i have been testing the strategy to use them when THICK CYCLE appear in tf from 5m-30m, or 5m-1h, or 5m-4h. In 1h and 4h the cycle could be THIN but the another lower time frame should be THICK. I trade them in LTF as 5m, looking for best entry in 4h tf. Results so far are good, more than 40-60 pips, and in some case more than 100 pips

Signals in mtf: The THICK (GREEN UP/RED SELL), or THINK (GREEN UP/RED SELL)

Note: In case the symbol disappears, then show the last.

Strategy for Trend line:

Really i like to look only for break trend line on 1h,4h, and daily time frames, but the mtf could shows all of them like with the another indicators as well. It draws a circle showing break up or break down.

Signals in mtf: We can use different colors to show BREAK UP (LIME), and BREAK DOWN (RED)

The order in the table could be whatever you can, the range will be from the left side M1 to Daily right side.

Please let me know if that project can be done, i will appreciate that.

Regards

Jose Rumbaut

if you don't share system how can we help?

guner:
please post where you find this system originally.

ATTACHMENT IN THIS ADRESS

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176577

If you are referring to picture at post #96 (this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176577/page7 ) that picture was posted by someone on net as a "wonder" indicator.

I made a "guessing" version of that (since I too saw only that picture) showing that it is not 1 time, not 2 times but it is 3 times repainter, and posted it as a "curiosity" in elite section. If you still think it is usable or that it is a "must have" or that (as someone already told me) "his trading system would benefit from that indicator", read the previous sentence please. The only reason I made my version was out of fun, no other reason at all. Unfortunately, I do not think that the original was made out of fun too

guner:
ATTACHMENT IN THIS ADRESS https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176577

Irwin Cycle

hi all and happy new year...

have you ever seen irwin cycle indi for mt4? it looks quite interesting based on links below, should also be quite useful.

hope someone is able to translate it to mt4, would be a very nice new year's gift for many cycle traders.

please check these links with descriptions. many thanks in advance for your support!

Irwin Cycle - Wealth-Lab Wiki

WealthScript Code Library Item

MetaStock™ Zone - Cycle Indicator by Bill Irwin - Trader-Online.tk�

Can Somebody Please Fix The Repainting On This MT4 Indicator Or Suggest Another One?

Hello Everyone,

I found this indicator at FF on one of the threads and I really like it, but it repaints. If someone could look at the code and see if they could stop it from repainting that would be great. I just don't know if it's possible. If it is possible to make this indicator so it does not repaint that would be great and I don't care if it gives more signals, just want the signal to stay put after the closing of the current bar. I just thought I would put this request out there to see if somebody could take a look and at least let me know, and at the same time if it's not possible to stop the repainting maybe someone has an indicator they are using in their trading system that they could post here so I could download to try. Many thanks in advance for your time and help!!

-Faith Trader

Faith Trader:
Hello Everyone,

I found this indicator at FF on one of the threads and I really like it, but it repaints. If someone could look at the code and see if they could stop it from repainting that would be great. I just don't know if it's possible. If it is possible to make this indicator so it does not repaint that would be great and I don't care if it gives more signals, just want the signal to stay put after the closing of the current bar. I just thought I would put this request out there to see if somebody could take a look and at least let me know, and at the same time if it's not possible to stop the repainting maybe someone has an indicator they are using in their trading system that they could post here so I could download to try. Many thanks in advance for your time and help!!

-Faith Trader

impossible

Faith Trader:
Hello Everyone,

-Faith Trader

Even if this can be "fixed", then the signal will be a lot different than what you see now, probably won't be as good. So either way won't be that useful an indicator it seems.

if our SL could be surviving through the cycle, it could be the market condition that we could trade comfy with

cycleidentifier

Pava:
impossible

There is only one way from stopping it repainting and that is to BURN IT! or DROWN the indicator so it does not surface again! lol

TB

Reason: