PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 18

popok_sakti:
Hi David,

I just look at ericbach modification & try to fix it, so it will consider to SHUTDOWN when We are in no trade zone ONLY if there is no OPEN trade, but if there is open trade it will run until it finished all the order.

I just add the following code to the ericbach code :

// start

// check for trading hours

int cnt=0;

for (int a=0;a<OrdersTotal();a++) {

OrderSelect(a,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES);

if (OrderSymbol()!=Symbol()) continue;

if ( OrderMagicNumber() == LongMagicNumber || OrderMagicNumber() == ShortMagicNumber) {

cnt++;

}

}

if( UseHourTrade && cnt == 0){

// end

Anyway, I will attach the file

Regs,

Popok

Cool thanks

popok_sakti:
Hi David,

I just look at ericbach modification & try to fix it, so it will consider to SHUTDOWN when We are in no trade zone ONLY if there is no OPEN trade, but if there is open trade it will run until it finished all the order.

I just add the following code to the ericbach code :

// start

// check for trading hours

int cnt=0;

for (int a=0;a<OrdersTotal();a++) {

OrderSelect(a,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES);

if (OrderSymbol()!=Symbol()) continue;

if ( OrderMagicNumber() == LongMagicNumber || OrderMagicNumber() == ShortMagicNumber) {

cnt++;

}

}

if( UseHourTrade && cnt == 0){

// end

Anyway, I will attach the file

Regs,

Popok

Cool thanks But still didn't do the trick. Mabe we need to close orders at the no trade time.

Ted Noogent:
Well hate to say it but this ea just aint makin it for me. Been run it for a week and nothing but losers. Nice try but the code is impossible to follow and looks like a pile of noodles and not really clean. I cant figure out what its doing but whatever it is it doesnt make sense,.

don't tell us the settings or time frame or nothing. And your test was through nfp week. Funny though. My real account is in the black.

I think its user error.

Plus its a bipoler hybrid. 95% of the code is the bipoler order processing routine. Everything including my mods are neatly written. Nothing was done sloppy.

and just cause you cann't understand it don't make it wrong.

Dave

Today's result for Pacman. Nice closing! See the chart

All closed ... all done ... nice profit

Cheers,

Files:
pacman_ch_1.gif  13 kb
pacman_5.gif  5 kb
pacman_2.htm  25 kb

wibitiens:
Today's result for Pacman. Nice closing! See the chart

All closed ... all done ... nice profit

Cheers,

The demos I ran through nfp closed all there orders on euro and chf.

real account made 1 successful short trade today

Not really sure what the euro and market is doing now with this sudden move durring what is normaly slow market. But I shut the ea down on the real account. It hadn't taken trades yet. I'll start it back up in the morning.

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
The demos I ran through nfp closed all there orders on euro and chf. real account made 1 successful short trade today

I just checked my demo again. Yeah, I ran it through NFP too ... and it's the NFP too that made my pacman open so many trades. Haha ... anyway, I won't complain after seeing the result

Btw, David, what broker are you using for live account? Are you still using FXDD? How are they? I am about to open live account in couple of weeks. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks mate.

Cheers,

Files:
pacman_ch_2.gif  18 kb

xxDavidxSxx:
Not really sure what the euro and market is doing now with this sudden move durring what is normaly slow market. But I shut the ea down on the real account. It hadn't taken trades yet. I'll start it back up in the morning. Dave

Yeah, me too also wondering what happen with euro. I am checking the news, but couldn't find any news that make this time euro flyhigh. Anyway, it should not be a problem.

Cheers,

wibitiens:
Yeah, me too also wondering what happen with euro. I am checking the news, but couldn't find any news that make this time euro flyhigh. Anyway, it should not be a problem. Cheers,

Yeap, breaking news:

April 10 (Bloomberg) -- The dollar fell after the U.S. government said it will file complaints against China to the World Trade Organization, raising concern the dispute may escalate and slow economic growth.

Thanks to Retro in post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175850

Cheers,

Attached is PacMan-TF expert with the Time-Filter added. David, you can just rename it if you like.

All my backtests show percent increases across the board filtering out 8-12NY. Will start to forward test and let you know the results.

Also, I like it just the way it is.

Enjoy.

Files:
pacman-tf.mq4  32 kb
Reason: