Phoenix 6 Expert vs Simple - page 7

bertbin:
Hope that some testers will post their statements this week...

Not very active guys...

P570 has been quite ok this week on FXDD

Let us know about you on P6...

(Or yo earn so much that you already are all in Bahamas ?!?! )

Hi Bertbin !

I am in cold Canada not on an Island like you but trading live with 5.7.0. I will not post my trades as I am manually interrupting some depending on my own experience. In any case, I am at +14.4269 % so far in march. I still think Phoenix need to be looked over but I am confident it will walk alone soon ! Then I could go visit you and get a sun tan and try to surf some real waves, not Forex waves !!!

m6m6:
Hi Bertbin ! I am in cold Canada not on an Island like you but trading live with 5.7.0. I will not post my trades as I am manually interrupting some depending on my own experience. In any case, I am at +14.4269 % so far in march. I still think Phoenix need to be looked over but I am confident it will walk alone soon ! Then I could go visit you and get a sun tan and try to surf some real waves, not Forex waves !!!

We will have a HUDGE Phoenix meeting here : AZBO, you, Darak perhaps will leave his Oregon, Pcountour and Autumn...

Ha ! Ha !

I prepare right now Cuba Libre and Margarita's

Spring in the air

Don't let m6m6 fool you. It was a balmy 5 degrees centigrade in Montreal today. I've been walking around in madras shorts and a golf shirt. In spite of the promise of spring my great regret is that the outdoor rinks are finished and I can't go and skate anymore.

A little about everything, since it was about time anyway :-)

Daraknor, sorry for late respond.

daraknor:

Kudos for catching the first bug! Excellent What do you think of the new trade execution style? I wrote many pieces with the idea that less duplicate but similar lines of code = easier to debug and easier to change.

Thank you lol

It is kinda interesting I saw it, since I don't do coding. I did few lines of programing some 30 years ago in language Fortran 4 so I have a 'little' disadvantage here So I don't risk to much by predicting I will not find any more lol lol

Since my programming skills are very limited, actually, they are none, it is not really right and fair for me to comment your programming. But anyway I must say, I can follow first few lines, so it is written simple, understandable. Thank you! Also great idea, to not use part for calculation, when that part is not needed. Great rationalization! Sure helps with the speed.

Daraknor, you wrote on some other Phoenix thread, something about maybe adding optional news avoidance filter. I'm not sure if you had that FFCall in your mind. If you did, here is an update :-)

Version 4. FF had too much trafic, so code is changed to check for new news once per hour, random minutes. There are also few bugs fixed.

You can call this indi by using these lines of code:

int prevMinute = -1

if (Minute() != PrevMinute)

{

PrevMinute = Minute();

int minutesSincePrevEvent =

iCustom(NULL, 0, "IndFFCal", true, true, false, true, 1, 0);

int impactOfPrevEvent =

iCustom(NULL, 0, "IndFFCal", true, true, false, true, 2, 0);

int minutesUntilNextEvent =

iCustom(NULL, 0, "IndFFCal", true, true, false, true, 1, 1);

int impactOfNextEvent =

iCustom(NULL, 0, "IndFFCal", true, true, false, true, 2, 1);

} // (where impact of 1 = Low, 2 = Medium, and 3 = High)

As you can see, you can use this indi, so EA will avoid trading news based on news importance. (You can set that say EA keeps you out of trouble during high impact news while you can keep EA trading during medium and low impact news for example.

For all, this is also stand alone indi, for manual trading. Just put it on the chart and allow DLL import and you are set to go.Give it a try, it is really nice indicator. Useful too. You will see pending news for a pair on which indi is attached.

Daraknor, now, this will sound funny, I can't read the code but here I will ask you to add some into Phoenix. Well, it's not mine, I found it in another EA.

I really like to put some short comment into EA, as a reminder of what settings I'm using.

So, would you please add this code into future versions please if possible:

extern string EAComment;

string EA_Comment="";

{

EA_Comment = EAComment + " Phoenix_6";

}

{

Ticket=OrderSend(....,EA_Comment,....);

}

To all: When entering text, comment, keep it short. Max 16 characters or there may be some problems.

Autumleaves, tnx for your work on Easy version. I like that method and it will be great to have EA for it. Daraknor, thank you for helping him. I also second his idea, to implement indicators into EA if this wouldn't slow down EA too much.

Pcontour, thank you for all additions and help.

Bterbtin, I checked Nina indi, yes it is nice (usefull), but I like G_MACD even better. (from the same msg board, Dolly_Open)

I was told, that you are organizing Phoenix meeting on your warm island?!? Cooooool! Margarita we are cooooooming :-) (it was about time anyway lol lol)

Also "hi" to Azbo, m6m6 and other participants.

Mario

Files:
ffcal_v04.mq4  41 kb

Not sure if 'WinInet.mqh' is part of every MT4 or Windows or not, so just in case I'm attaching it. (for FFCal_v4)

Files:
wininet.zip  2 kb

I'd love to have a get together on an island. In Oregon we have nearly constant rain, which I enjoy most of the time. I started wearing a baseball cap (with a linux logo) when I ride my bike so I don't get rain on my glasses. I have been wanting to move to Central/South America for a while now. The mentality in the US does not suit my disposition. I'm also hoping to build a Sustainable City wherever I end up. (C'mon Phoenix & PhoenixFund!)

I just sent Phoenix 6 Alpha 4 over to PContour so he can doublecheck my work, make it look pretty, rename things to meaningful names, etc. It should become beta code when he's done with it. (That means likely beta this weekend.)

We were talking about different ways of optimizing Phoenix and MQL in general so we could backtest faster. I structured the code to exit the tick calculations ASAP in all cases I could think of, and I don't do nested loops inside any subroutines except for Drawdown calculations (if drawdown resizing is enabled).

I'm not happy with the trend filter I put in, but it shows some promise on sharp daily movements. (Stop trade if too far away from the Moving Average trendline) I need better "Trend Detectors".

The comment system is enabled. I rewrote several sections of code completely. We have several exit signals now: delayed trailing stop, recross maximums (if price is hovering on your entry spot for X bars, exit at break even), and the Grace/Force code exits found in Phoenix 5.

I plan to add three more signals in:

1. Support and Resist detection based on a Fractal experimental EA I've been working on. It works very profitably and seems settings robust. I'll be sending Demo copies to a few people who are active on these forums.

2. Support and Resist detection as a confirmation signal (can be used with, or instead of signal S&R as a filter)

3. Speed Angle check as a confirmation signal (increase lotsize if slope is sharp)

4. Adding an exit system for multiple trades so Mode3 can be completely emulated.

I'm not sure how comfortable I am adding pieces of my commercial/experimental EA into Phoenix, but I will try to come up with something. Phoenix 6 is already 70% or so code I developed for commercial EA. It was a small emotional step rewriting Phoenix6 in the new style, because I thought it was time I felt comfortable altering the core functionality for a change. Adding the guts of a very promising EA to P6 for free isn't something I'm sure I'm ready to do. :/

P6 is almost ready...

Thank you, this will go into Phoenix6 Advanced.

EASY Code Items

Thanks to Alaman, bert, PC, and everyone for their input. Don't let the code get you down Darak. It's all good experience. I'm learning a lot just by watching.

Darak if you manage to clean up the EASY signals shoot them back to me and I'll test them within 5.7.2W. Have done a lot of visual tweaking of inputs the last two days and this looks very promising.

The best plan is to include indicators for all signals so we can see on the chart what Phoenix is doing. This will immensely speed up debugging and fine tuning, as I don't think backtesting helps very much in that department.

autumnleaves:
I am not at all sure what I am doing. But first, a question.

In order to convert Phoenix from countertrending to trending, I have switched the BuySignal/SellSignal just before the "else" statement. However, I wonder if this is sufficient. (I suppose I could also have switched the "return" values at the end of the function.) Is there something else that needs to be done?

For example, does something need to be changed in the UpdateTStop function? Do the order types need to be switched (OP_SELL and OP_BUY)?

I thought that all that needed to change was signal 2 and 3. I thought these were the only counter trend signals.

Here is the w version with my change for trending. In one of my previous replies to you I posted my understanding of the signals which is also in the documentation in FAQ thread post 3. I did the same thing you did, but only for signal 2 and 3. I'm not a real expert on the signals. I would be interest in Daraknor's opinion on which signals should be switched. I put your signal 6 in there. That means your saved settings files will not be compatible.

On your other idea change the OP_Sell and OP_Buy, I think that would be big trouble.

This is just for you, I have not tested it much at all. It worked well with GBPUSD. Attached is my settings file. I didn't even optimize, I just used some old preferred settings. It was 35 profitable trades 11 losses. It didn't do as well as my W version, with the very same perferred settings. It includes your new signal as signal 6.

autumnleaves:

Now for the fun and games! Here is a new signal that might prove helpful. It is the first Relative Strength Index signal in Malone's EASY method. Whereas he gives fixed values for period and midline, I have made these variables so they can be fine tuned. The code includes the externals and the block for the Z Check Signals function. Let me know if this is in order or if adjustments are needed. Thanks in advance for your assistance. I hope that this can help in Phoenix 6.

extern int P_RSI_High = 50;

extern int P_RSI_Low = 50;

extern int P_RSIArrPer = 13;

bool BuySignal5=false, SellSignal5=false;

double RSILine = iRSI(NULL,0,P_RSIArrPer,PRICE_CLOSE,0); //Period=13 Price=0

if(U_UseSig5)

{

if(RSILine > P_RSI_High) {BuySignal5 = true;}

if(RSILine < P_RSI_Low) {SellSignal5 = true;}

}

else

{

SellSignal5=true;

BuySignal5 =true;

}

I am going to concentrate on the Phoenix 6 Beta, but I had a look at your new signal it works fine. I am going to call this signal 7 and your previous suggestion signal 6.

Generally agrees with the signals coming out of the 5.7.2_W_trend. Only when it is close to 50 do you get small number of mismatches.

When used with the 5.7.2.W , it mismatches a lot.

I have attached two text files. These are the journal log for my little test.

On the far right you will see each time a phoenix signal buy or sell fires what is your RSILINE value.

Phoenix RSILINE

RSILine ----BUY --- 46.6063

My conclusions for Trend EA

Your RSILINE signal is great exactly as you proposed it, as a trending signal with the trend EA I created for your purposes.

My conclusion for non-Trend EA

I can't make any conclusions. It is out of synch with the Phoenix signals to a great extent. This could prove to be valuable after some tuning of the 3 variables.

In the meantime Daraknor's opinion would be good to hear on this signal.

After my testing, I found that your signal 6 rocks with no tuning when added to the Trend EA. Your signal 7 is much less exciting in terms of results with no tuning when added to the trend ea. Both of these signals improved the results of the trend EA when added to the signal setter each one individually.

The best result was the Trend EA with signal 6 added.

I've attached a new W_trend with all seven signals turned on. I got better results with U_UseSig7 false.

Files:
Reason: