Phoenix 6 Expert vs Simple - page 6

autumnleaves:
Darak or anyone, do you have an idea how to fix the EASY signal? haClose needs to be defined on the current bar so that the result will be meaningful.

Full Answer here

Also have a look at this post please.

daraknor:
If you guys can't spot any more bugs I'll start working on beta after adding maybe one more indicator. Could someone else add the time filter indicator into EntryFilter2 please?

This thread is only 6 pages at present but could grow much larger.

I wonder therefore if a common post could be nominated where the latest Phonenix 6 EAs could be found, along with essential info: Pair, timeframe, settings, limitations... A FAQ would also be very useful.

One thing which puzzles me regarding both Phoenix 6 Alpha EASY nor Phoenix 6 Alpha 1: I can modify the code if I wish, but nothing happens when I press Expert properties.

Your help appreciated

thanks

JRtrader

EASY signal fixed

Thanks very much for your help PContour. Actually I found the same solution last night but did not use the bracketed zeros; still the result is the same. Do you think you can help me with another EASY Signal that I think might help the Phoenix project? If so, let me know and I'll post my work in progress.

Pcontour:
Autumnleaves, Have you checked the updated documentation. In it I added some explanations about the signals.

Where can I download documentation for Phoenix6?

thanx

JRtrader

Indicator&template - Phonix 6

Where can I download Indicator&template for Phoenix6

thanks

Phoenix6 is getting a major overhaul, it is still in Alpha. Beta should be ready soon.

daraknor:
Phoenix6 is getting a major overhaul, it is still in Alpha. Beta should be ready soon.

Looking forward to it. Thanx for all your hard work daraknor

JRtrader

autumnleaves:
Thanks very much for your help PContour. Actually I found the same solution last night but did not use the bracketed zeros; still the result is the same. Do you think you can help me with another EASY Signal that I think might help the Phoenix project? If so, let me know and I'll post my work in progress.

I did it without bracketed zeros first, but, with zeros is correct according to the documentation. If they come out with an update to the ml4 compiler, you can be more sure that your code will not break if the zeros are inside the brackets. Daraknor included your indicator code in phoenix 6, I sent him an update on that item including the [0], so I hope to see it with it coded with the [0]. I may be alble to help on the weekend. It would be better if you put your new stuff into the beta that is coming out soon. That one will be easier to debug.

EASY Stuff for Beta

PContour, thanks for your feedback and invitation. Any code that I post must be taken as very tentative, as I am not at all sure what I am doing. But first, a question.

In order to convert Phoenix from countertrending to trending, I have switched the BuySignal/SellSignal just before the "else" statement. However, I wonder if this is sufficient. (I suppose I could also have switched the "return" values at the end of the function.) Is there something else that needs to be done?

For example, does something need to be changed in the UpdateTStop function? Do the order types need to be switched (OP_SELL and OP_BUY)?

Now for the fun and games! Here is a new signal that might prove helpful. It is the first Relative Strength Index signal in Malone's EASY method. Whereas he gives fixed values for period and midline, I have made these variables so they can be fine tuned. The code includes the externals and the block for the Z Check Signals function. Let me know if this is in order or if adjustments are needed. Thanks in advance for your assistance. I hope that this can help in Phoenix 6.

extern int P_RSI_High = 50;

extern int P_RSI_Low = 50;

extern int P_RSIArrPer = 13;

bool BuySignal5=false, SellSignal5=false;

double RSILine = iRSI(NULL,0,P_RSIArrPer,PRICE_CLOSE,0); //Period=13 Price=0

if(U_UseSig5)

{

if(RSILine > P_RSI_High) {BuySignal5 = true;}

if(RSILine < P_RSI_Low) {SellSignal5 = true;}

}

else

{

SellSignal5=true;

BuySignal5 =true;

}

Hope that some testers will post their statements this week...

Not very active guys...

P570 has been quite ok this week on FXDD

Let us know about you on P6...

(Or yo earn so much that you already are all in Bahamas ?!?! )

Reason: