Phoenix 6 Expert vs Simple - page 8

Guys (Darak, Pcountour, Autumn, Raf, Mario AZBO and all testers...)

We have a problem :

We have too many version of Phoenix -570 to P6 with all variants- and too many ways of research that we don't know (even me) exactly at were we go.

In Dev Thread post 1 is from Darak but it have not been actualized : If somebody can prepare the actualization of this post (I think that Darak is fully loaded and have no time for that) and put some words on each new version and the target of each version

I would be a great help

Versions and things

I agree with Bert, the whole thing is becoming very confusing, and I am partly to blame. I suggest that the trending version of Phoenix be given a new name. In keeping with the mythological reference, why not call it Chimera? If you have a better name, please step forward.

There has been so much new information since yesterday that I hardly know where to start. In order to keep focussed, I'm going to concentrate on individual signals today in the trending version (or Chimera) based on 5.7.2W. I owe PContour a great debt of thanks for checking out the EASY signals and putting my mind at ease. I am convinced that TS does not work when signals are set to trend, however, so I am not using it now. Daraknor is determined to incorporate all of the EASY signals in the next release of Phoenix 6. At that time I will switch testing to Phoenix 6/Chimera. Then I think we must not release any new versions until we have consensus on the need for it.

I am filled with optimism and thank everyone (Bert, Azbo, Darak, PC, Mario, m6, etc.) for their great input.

PContour Trend version

PContour, I noticed that you reversed Buy/Sell in Signal 1 and Signal 5. I do not think that reversing the trades in Signal 5 has any effect, since it is only the time signal. However, in Envelope for the Trend version, you want the EA to Buy when the price is above the envelope, and sell when it is below. Hence reversal is necessary. Or did I miss something.

I might suggest that you check the way I have written the RSI indicator against the code in the TDI attached. I am really not sure that I got it right. Should the RSI signal actually be an MA on an Array, as the other indicator lines are (TSI and MBL)? Or do I misinterpret?

autumnleaves:
PContour, I noticed that you reversed Buy/Sell in Signal 1 and Signal 5. I do not think that reversing the trades in Signal 5 has any effect, since it is only the time signal. However, in Envelope for the Trend version, you want the EA to Buy when the price is above the envelope, and sell when it is below. Hence reversal is necessary. Or did I miss something. I might suggest that you check the way I have written the RSI indicator against the code in the TDI attached. I am really not sure that I got it right. Should the RSI signal actually be an MA on an Array, as the other indicator lines are (TSI and MBL)? Or do I misinterpret?

Find Chimerahere.

I only switched signal 2 and 3. I did some reformatting without changing how 1 and 5 work. No more trending talk here. Trailing Stop broke in my last update for 5.7.W and Chimera. I will get it fixed today. Please no-one comment on Chimera and let Autumn leaves have post number two, as this is his baby.

I wrote a weekend filter, a Gann style Support and Resist calculator (related to my commercial EA), and a consecutive RSI rising/falling indicator. I'm adding a few more functions too for exit strategies (break even, parabolic SAR, etc).

After PContour hands the code back, I'll add these functions and then separate the code into Simple and Advanced. Weighted Signals will probably be a part of an "Expert" system.

I'm thinking the RSI may replace the OSMA code by default, since it doesn't seem critical to profitability. RSI is something you can also easily see on the chart.

daraknor:
After PContour hands the code back, I'll add these functions and then separate the code into Simple and Advanced. Weighted Signals will probably be a part of an "Expert" system.

The code is back with Daraknor now.

Testing

Hi daraknor and Pcontour

I had been away for a couple of weeks and a lot seems to have changed over this time. For the last two weeks I had Beta1 simple and advanced running and when I checked today it seems that a new beta has been released.

May I suggest that for testing Phoenix 6, we setup a dedicated team of "testers" and when a new release for Phoenix 6 is released (which I imagine will go through a few iterations), a notification is sent to all the testers to update their versions.

Btw I am not sure if Phoenix 6 is mature enough to be considered for demo-testing - I am just looking forward in to the future. From personal expeireince with Phoenix 5 I found that there were too many versions lurking on the forum and it got a little difficult keeping track of various versions.

I'll leave it up to others to comment.

JB_007:
Hi daraknor and Pcontour

I had been away for a couple of weeks and a lot seems to have changed over this time. For the last two weeks I had Beta1 simple and advanced running and when I checked today it seems that a new beta has been released.

May I suggest that for testing Phoenix 6, we setup a dedicated team of "testers" and when a new release for Phoenix 6 is released (which I imagine will go through a few iterations), a notification is sent to all the testers to update their versions.

Btw I am not sure if Phoenix 6 is mature enough to be considered for demo-testing - I am just looking forward in to the future. From personal expeireince with Phoenix 5 I found that there were too many versions lurking on the forum and it got a little difficult keeping track of various versions.

I'll leave it up to others to comment.

Hi JB,

Here is what I think.

A lot of changes mean a lot of progress. I have been updating 5.7.x while Daraknor has been focusing on P6. I like programming, I made some fixes to the existing code and added some functionality that people said they wanted and I test the program to see if it does what I think it should do. I hand what I think works over to the people who like testing, and hope that they will test out the bug fixes and new features. Find my mistakes and evaluate where the new ideas create more profit or less. A lot of people are still making money with 5.7.0, but I see more people trying out 5.7.3 now, and I imagine that it finally has enough features to make them feel it is worthwhile to move on past 5.7.0.

On setting up a team of testers. Good idea. What is your vision of what this team should do? Your ideas, can be a starting point. The testers can give their constructive suggestions on how to improve your vision and maybe then we will have a tangible plan. Someone was suggesting I might do something like that, but I haven't gotten into the real serious testing and optimization that these testers have. My PC dies when I run big tests, and Istill have a few features and bugs to look into.

If no-one is going to Demo Test the beta, I think we would never get to the next stage. Some of these tester, have got a lot of skill and they seem to just add another version with ease and provide good feedback and results.

autumnleaves:
I would like to add extra signals from EASY (see Malone EASY document) to Phoenix. When I try to add the Price Action Channel, the result is exclusively sell transactions. Can you suggest why this might be happening? See the code below.

Perhaps these signals could be included in Phoenix 6.

bool BuySignal6=false, SellSignal6=false;

double HighPAC1 = iMA(NULL,0,P_PACPer,P_PACShift,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_HIGH,0);

double LowPAC1 = iMA(NULL,0,P_PACPer,P_PACShift,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_LOW,0);

double haClose1 = (PRICE_OPEN + PRICE_HIGH + PRICE_LOW + PRICE_CLOSE)*(0.25);

if(U_UseSig6)

{

if(haClose1 > HighPAC1) {BuySignal6 = true;}

if(haClose1 < LowPAC1) {SellSignal6 = true;}

}

else

{

SellSignal6=true;

BuySignal6 =true;

double haClose1 = (PRICE_OPEN + PRICE_HIGH + PRICE_LOW + PRICE_CLOSE)*(0.25);

Constant Value Description

PRICE_CLOSE 0 Close price.

PRICE_OPEN 1 Open price.

PRICE_HIGH 2 High price.

PRICE_LOW 3 Low price.

What this line of code does is to add the numberss 0, 1, 2, and 3 together then divide by 4 (essentially) giving an answer of 1.5.

Your code would give a sell as long as the currency is below 1.5000

PRICE_OPEN for example is a constant equal to 1.

I will post now and amend it in a little while when I have fix for you.

This works and produces buys and sells. It uses the open high low and close of the latest period.

double haClose1 = (Open[0] + High[0] + Low[0] + Close[0])*(0.25);
Reason: