Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 82

mladen:
AZRUL Which EA?

Dear Sir MLADEN,

I manage to patch the ConsoleTrend indicator and make an EA out of it...

When I load it to a few PAIRS an ERROR as above was recorded... but when I took out a few

there were NO more error indicated in the Journals...

Only manage to load it to only 5 Pairings....

How can I allocate some more memory, I have got 4GB of ram already...

THANKS

best regards

AZRUL....

12BPRO:
Dear Sir MLADEN,

I manage to patch the ConsoleTrend indicator and make an EA out of it...

When I load it to a few PAIRS an ERROR as above was recorded... but when I took out a few

there were NO more error indicated in the Journals...

Only manage to load it to only 5 Pairings....

How can I allocate some more memory, I have got 4GB of ram already...

THANKS

best regards

AZRUL....

for start go to Tools->Options->Charts->Max bars in chart and set it to 5000

12BPRO:
Dear SIR MLADEN,

when I loaded the EA a got this ERROR in

Please advice what could I do and what does it mean....????

THANK YOU SIR...

yours truly

AZRUL

That error exist from build 546

MQ moderators ridiculed the guy that first reported it - they had no idea why that error happened so they decided to attack the guy

mladen:
for start go to Tools->Options->Charts->Max bars in chart and set it to 5000

Dear SIR MLADEN...

Thanks for the above reply....

I wanted to upload/contribute my ConsoleTrend Indicator but fail to do so.. due to this error..

is there a limit on the number of file to be uploaded in the Thread....

Thanks.....

yours truly

AZRUL.....

Files:
capture1.jpg  77 kb

12BPRO:
Dear SIR MLADEN...

Thanks for the above reply....

I wanted to upload/contribute my ConsoleTrend Indicator but fail to do so.. due to this error..

is there a limit on the number of file to be uploaded in the Thread....

Thanks.....

yours truly

AZRUL.....

AZRUL

You can post only 5 files per pos. If you have more than 5 files you can break the post into several posts and post 5 files at each post or pack the files into a zip file, for example, and post just 1 file that way in a single post

Dear SIR MLADEN,

I notice that the maximum processing speed of the terminal without loading the tester is at a MAXIMUM 25..

is this PRESET or am I mistaken....

It is stalling my Charts for a few second..... when the CPU is at this speed.. 25.... I could not excess the terminal.... and one more thing my sound alert is also not functioning (flickering) ... I have check the Journals for any possible ERROR but found NONE....is this weird......

The main reason for this delay is because of this 1 indicator that I used... it has 175additional arrays (buffers) for calculation plus 7 internal buffersfor drawing....

Could you please advice if I could increase the processing speed of the CPU or any other possible way to overcome this situation...

Your advice and expertise is always appreciated....

yours truly

AZRUL....

Files:
cpu.jpg  17 kb

12BPRO:
Dear SIR MLADEN,

I notice that the maximum processing speed of the terminal without loading the tester is at a MAXIMUM 25..

is this PRESET or am I mistaken....

It is stalling my Charts for a few second..... when the CPU is at this speed.. 25.... I could not excess the terminal.... and one more thing my sound alert is also not functioning (flickering) ... I have check the Journals for any possible ERROR but found NONE....is this weird......

The main reason for this delay is because of this 1 indicator that I used... it has 175additional arrays (buffers) for calculation plus 7 internal buffersfor drawing....

Could you please advice if I could increase the processing speed of the CPU or any other possible way to overcome this situation...

yours truly

AZRUL....

I am guessing that you have a quad core processor. Metatrader 4 does not know how to use all processors on a multi processor PC (it uses only one core - processor) and that is why you are getting maximum 25% CPU load when you check it

mladen:
I am guessing that you have a quad core processor. Metatrader 4 does not know how to use all processors on a multi processor PC (it uses only one core - processor) and that is why you are getting maximum 25% CPU load when you check it

Dear SIR MLADEN,

YES..... SPOT ON....... you are right.....

What can I do about this SIR.... I hope you are not going to suggest me to change my Processor... if there is anything else that I could do beside that....

yours truly

AZRUL....

12BPRO:
Dear SIR MLADEN,

YES..... SPOT ON....... you are right.....

What can I do about this SIR.... I hope you are not going to suggest me to change my Processor... if there is anything else that I could do beside that....

yours truly

AZRUL....

AZRUL

When it comes to metatrader 4 : nothing that would make it use those 4 cores at once

Use less bars on chart (I never use more than 5000 for the last 6-7 years and I never had any problems because of that) and, if you can, do not open too much charts (it is easy to change the symbol of the current chart - just drag it from market watch to the chart)

One more example : tradestation (which was awarded the best trading platform form more times than they can remember) usually has defaults for charts set to 20-30 days on lower time frames. That is quite enough for any decision

mladen:
AZRUL

When it comes to metatrader 4 : nothing that would make it use those 4 cores at once

Use less bars on chart (I never use more than 5000 for the last 6-7 years and I never had any problems because of that) and, if you can, do not open too much charts (it is easy to change the symbol of the current chart - just drag it from market watch to the chart)

One more example : tradestation (which was awarded the best trading platform form more times than they can remember) usually has defaults for charts set to 20-30 days on lower time frames. That is quite enough for any decision

Dear SIR MLADEN,

1) I think the Motherboard and Windows7 is controlling or allocating the CPU usage for each application that I open... in this case I will try and search for alternative solution..

2) I already reduce the bars on the charts as specified by YOU earlier ... but only to 10000... in this case it would only effect my allocation memory ONLY.... like the last time I got an error memory handler....

3) Yes I agree with you 100% on the just displaying ONLY a few days on each charts for the Indicator to run the calculation.... and I don't need to see them....

4) I only open 15 charts at a time just to display each currency pairing that I am interested in trading...

For the time being I just have to relay on delaying the Update/calculation for every 5 minutes... on some of the Indicator that I used....

THANK YOU SIR for your time and expertise....

yours truly

AZRUL...

Reason: