Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 60

sjerar:
in your uppermenu/insert/indicators/oscillators/rsi

Thanks sjerar

I try as you suggested many times but It will Plot Rsi Indicator only , But I am not able to Plot simple moving Average of Rsi in same Rsi indicator windows

Regards

Harish

mrbizu:
hi all

I run MT4 with some custom indicators in my PC. And now, I want my friends can monitor this live chart from their PC (without using my custom indicator) . Is there anyway to do that ?help me, please ?

thanks a lot .

Anyone can help me , please!!!

emcs^2:
Try trading with price action analysis, it is much easier and more effective than trying to interpret all those lagging indicators.

would agree with this.

Is MQL4 Hard to Learn???

Hello,

I have very little programming experience - I've taken a computer science courses as an undergraduate, and designed a student organization website (not really programming, since it's just html/css).

How long did it take for some of you to assimilate the MQL4? I'm planning on starting an intensive study of it once I get to solidify my trading system... Thanks.

hhahhaha, very hard

you have to guess what all the LOOPS are doing when they try to read the recent candles one by one

you have to learn english to read all the reply start by codeguru (a user name)

but have you thought about to demo trade everything, just download other people work, and see what trading is like

coding just lead you to be a superb traders, make the best of every indicator by modifying it, tune it, make some fun out of it -- OLAP software is much easier

don't learn, sit there and wait for the indicator to come by

Very hard Very hard Very hard

It is very hard to become a professional coder.

But for my opinion - every trader should code at least something for himself.

read this thread - forst post of the thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706

Help.....anyone??

Hello,

I am new to metatrader. I got some questions in metatrader.I recently download metatrader from metatrader web site and there are few things that I can't solve it

1. I tried to download the historical data from metaquotes when I downloaded it, one message poped out saying I registered account with forex.com not metaquotes. hence for when I run a simple backtesting with strategy tester it just doesnt show me the result ( blank ) and the message tell me all data is error?

2. when I attached the EA ( basic MACD or MA ) it just doesnt show me the buy and sell signal or even pop up message. & when I downloaded one of free EA from my friend it just showed me the message entering trade but it just didn't show me the arrow buy and sell. I have asked my friend he said the EA ( from him) works fine for him and anyone.

3. optimisation. when I clicked it doesn't show me anything . I tried to fix it by clicking the button fix metatrader and even re download but it just doesn't help me much

please advise me but those who tried to spam me please go away. I have 1 message( spam ) already in my inbox

Thank you

Old Tick Causes EA to stop trading

OK.....I have searched and read all the posts on this subject and the general concenses is that these messages do not impact your EA placing trades. I have to disagree.

I have the same EA running on live accounts with 3 different brokers.

In the beginning all trades happened on the same minute with all 3 brokers.

Then, one of the brokers shows old tick messages and the EA has not placed a trade since. The other 2 brokers continue to trade....at the same time.

So I searched some forums and the "fix" seems to be to delete the history folder and restart meta. I do this and then find new old tick messages later and the issue repeats.

Please help.

Please, what does interpolated and non-interpolated mean regarding MT4 indicators?

On some indicators there is a setting in the inputs tab that gives the choice of whether have the indicator should function as interpolated or non-interpolated. What does that mean exactly? Does it mean the indicator will re-paint if the input choice is set as non-interpolated? Thank you. Chris

Reason: