Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 59

Thanks for answers, you say "just running" and i wonder could put in code magic number will help to me?

Also what about 4-5 pips and stop loss give more info please?

novich:
Thanks for answers, you say "just running" and i wonder could put in code magic number will help to me? Also what about 4-5 pips and stop loss give more info please?

well, i replied the way you asked .. anyways.

if you have two different ea's running yes the magic numbers can help so the orders they are opening can be differentiated specially if they are trading same currency.

No- not 4-5 Pips i said 4-5 digits , nowadays brokers are with 5 digits for e.g current EURUSD quote 1.23851 -- see 5 digits after a decimal point .. older ea were written on 4 digits as in 1.2385 so this could cause a problem .

- stoploss / tp -- > meaning if the EA is placing sl/tp very close to the current price that could also be a problem.

-- there can be something else as well .. but the above is most common.

-guyver

Thanks for answers.

I hope to receive other opinions or proposals.

how to edit "configuration.ini " in profiles folder

I tried to edit it in notepad and notepad ++ but there are only the strange symbols. does anybody know how to edit it or what tool to edit it, I want to change the logo and the website of the broker in the menu :"about". thanks in advance

SMA of RSI

Dear Friends new to MT4

I want to plot RSI indicator with 5 simple moving average of RSI & 9 simple moving average of RSI . How can I do it in MT4

Thanks

Harish

chheda:
Dear Friends new to MT4

I want to plot RSI indicator with 5 simple moving average of RSI & 9 simple moving average of RSI . How can I do it in MT4

Thanks

Harish

in your uppermenu/insert/indicators/oscillators/rsi

Best giide for EA optimization

Hi friends, am looking for guide for newbies to optimize setting of EA.Please if somebody have any pdf,html etc material lets share with others.

Look at the first post of this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706 - there are some links to the book and pdf files.

may be - something is for backtesting/optimization as well by some part.

questions about the liquidity of the forex market

Hello

I am not trading with a live account, so I couldn't find an answer to these questions:

1. What is the maximum position size if you daytrade forex?

2. Do you need more time to open a higher position because of a missing bargain or not?

3. Can you always buy and sell as fast as with a demo account(in my case Alpari) not depending on the change of the price(with my demo I can open an position also when the price is not moving)?

leMai

Publishing live chart in MT4 to website

hi all

I run MT4 with some custom indicators in my PC. And now, I want my friends can monitor this live chart from their PC (without using my custom indicator) . Is there anyway to do that ?help me, please ?

thanks a lot .

Reason: