(FPI) predictive price - page 6

RickW00716:
Attached it to chart but nothing shows up

Is it? I never tried that indicator before. I tried the one from Nicholesen to show the best FPI ring.

Cheers,

crazyfx:
If you sell 1 lot eurusd and buy 1 lot eurgbp you have to buy only 0.67 lots gbpusd (at current ratio) to have an impeccable hedge, otherwise you'll be exposed by 0.33 lots, and may incur in a loss or in a gain.

This is because if you buy 1 lot eurgbp you are selling 67000 gbp to get 100000 eur, so only 0.67 lot gbpusd are enough to balance eurgbp position.

That is the bug.

It works better now. By the way, how do you know it is 0.67 lot for gbpusd? Any source for this? How about if I want to use other rings? Thanks mate.

Attached is my FPI ea, only works for eurusd - eurgbp - gbpusd : 1 - 1 - 0.67 lot size. Just for testing purpose

Cheers,

Files:
fpi.mq4  4 kb

Current eurgbp ratio is 0.6769, that means you are selling 0.6769 pounds to buy 1 euro; to have perfect hedge you have to buy/sell 1 lot * 0.6769 of any gbp ratio such as gbpusd. With 0.67 lot you are exposed by 690 units per lot traded, a very minimal risk indeed.

More rings here: http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=135

I'm very skeptical it would be possible to get money with such an arbitrage due to the enormous spread practiced by the brokers; further you have always the swap against.

crazyfx:
Current eurgbp ratio is 0.6769, that means you are selling 0.6769 pounds to buy 1 euro; to have perfect hedge you have to buy/sell 1 lot * 0.6769 of any gbp ratio such as gbpusd. With 0.67 lot you are exposed by 690 units per lot traded, a very minimal risk indeed.

More rings here: http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=135

I'm very skeptical it would be possible to get money with such an arbitrage due to the enormous spread practiced by the brokers; further you have always the swap against.

Thanks a lot for the explanation Crazyfx. It looks much better now. It does not make big slip as before. I think I should read kreslik's web page once again

Best,

crazyfx:

crazyfx is correct, of course it was a bug. ok, my first testing results are bad. I have ended up in a huge loss. first problem was already identified here, but there is something more. i have observed that profit is not realized quik enough and positions which could be closed in profit are producing loss in end effect. ok I will test a new version now. by the way, why does this new version open only two positins (eurusd and eurgbp)? and how can i manually increase/decrease lot size?

Okay ...

here is the new version

Now we can choose our own ring and lots.

However, please keep in mind that RING1 IS THE OPPOSITE (1/x) currency pair.

Enjoy and post the result please Thanks.

Cheers,

Files:

Hello All !

wibitiens:
Okay ...

here is the new version

Now we can choose our own ring and lots.

However, please keep in mind that RING1 IS THE OPPOSITE (1/x) currency pair.

Enjoy and post the result please Thanks.

Cheers,

Hello Wibitiens !

First of all, I want to thank you for the great job you have done to program this wonderfull Forex strategie. I'm new to this Forum and to Forex too. Just this strategie fasinated me from the very begining at some other sections of this forum.

I have a question on you. I have at home an old server runing 24 hours and I want to run a forward test on this EA. The problem is that it is opening just 2 orders. I attached a printscreen for you to check. I'm with North Finance. I also tried to open an order manually for a lot of 0.67 and it didn't work either(the bottoms are turned off). Maybe I'm with the wrong broker or I have to change something im My Metatrader ? No Idea. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Files:
fpi.doc  254 kb

cayol:
Hello Wibitiens !

First of all, I want to thank you for the great job you have done to program this wonderfull Forex strategie. I'm new to this Forum and to Forex too. Just this strategie fasinated me from the very begining at some other sections of this forum.

I have a question on you. I have at home an old server runing 24 hours and I want to run a forward test on this EA. The problem is that it is opening just 2 orders. I attached a printscreen for you to check. I'm with North Finance. I also tried to open an order manually for a lot of 0.67 and it didn't work either(the bottoms are turned off). Maybe I'm with the wrong broker or I have to change something im My Metatrader ? No Idea. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Hi,

The problem is North Finance does not allow microlot, 0.01. From the calculation of FPI, one of the order need to open 0.67 lot which contain micro. Try to switch to IBFX or Velocity or StrategyBuilderFX. It will definitely work.

Cheers,

Some success with FPI

All,

I have seen good results from the FPI EA. (over 1500 USD [simulation] during GBP/USD down trend last night)

I have made a couple of mods from the orginal.

A) The ring arrangement was changed slightly and the lots were modified to 4/2/1

B) I also made a forked version for Yen - With the Japanese trying to minimise their USD dependancy thru the EUR, this ring has also performed well IMHO.

C) Upped the target profit to 100.

My thoughts on the to do list;

1) Add a "long" routine in addition to the already "short" routine. (we need to identify the trend with some accuracy - perhaps TRIX or FX Sniper CCI indicators could help out here)

2) Add SL for all positions. (total profit is the real TP)

3) Use magic number to identify the positions and the total profit, and ultimately target position closure once the total profit has been reached.

4) Money management. (low priority for now)

Lets get this FPI EA enhancement rolling, as I think it has much promise!

Later,

GD71 (MQL coding newbie sorry to report)

getdown71:
All,

I have seen good results from the FPI EA. (over 1500 USD [simulation] during GBP/USD down trend last night)

I have made a couple of mods from the orginal.

A) The ring arrangement was changed slightly and the lots were modified to 4/2/1

B) I also made a forked version for Yen - With the Japanese trying to minimise their USD dependancy thru the EUR, this ring has also performed well IMHO.

C) Upped the target profit to 100.

My thoughts on the to do list;

1) Add a "long" routine in addition to the already "short" routine. (we need to identify the trend with some accuracy - perhaps TRIX or FX Sniper CCI indicators could help out here)

2) Add SL for all positions. (total profit is the real TP)

3) Use magic number to identify the positions and the total profit, and ultimately target position closure once the total profit has been reached.

4) Money management. (low priority for now)

Lets get this FPI EA enhancement rolling, as I think it has much promise!

Later,

GD71 (MQL coding newbie sorry to report)

Oh, I missed this post. Sorry getdown71, just check out today. I'll have a look at the code. Thanks for the modification

Cheers,

Reason: