Volume : The Truth of Secret !! - page 8

Why I think Volume is important....

I know getting volume information in the spot FX market is a difficult proposition and I'm not sure it isn't by design. However, this article, posted by Tracej in the RandyCandles thread earlier today REALLY caught my attention:

Multicollinearity

Not only did this issue catch my attention....it has caused me to totally RETHINK how I look at and evaluate trading systems from this point forward. I will be looking for systems which are minimally redundant and which offer something in at least two of those three categories. I think the volume factor is one that is overlooked in FX trading systems, but I also think that sometimes we are guilty of just grabbing a handful of the latest and greatest new gadgets without considering whether or not they are all perhaps providing us with the exact same data....all wrapped up in a fresh new wrapper...

Please proceed on with finding a VOLUME solution!!

Thanks!

shohreh:
float analysis is probably the best volume indicator i have seen .it should be on this site

Hey shohreh,

My friend I cant reurn your PM until you free up some space in your box!

Speak with you soon,

Bear-

tradeflow

intresting!

Files:
tradeflow.pdf  75 kb

Anyone ever think of making a volume indicator based not on visual aids or amount of trades from the broker or other sources, but on actual data flow like percentage of rate of change in incoming data packets etc?UDP?

You notice when price starts moving alot, more data packets start coming into your pc?It starts downloading more data?

Use WPE pro or Netlimiter and watch the amount of traffic when price starts moving alot.Why cant we have an indicator based on this instead of bullshit broker lie volume?

We can always find direction but then it stops, and retracts, we don't know when is perfect time to get in then out.

That tradeflow thing is just a prettier visual representation of market depth which is on alot of futures trading platforms, shows cumulative bid ask size etc ive found it to be rather useless because its coming from all over the place even through an ecn.

hi

hi

I would find it not useless, because you get a information which with all other indicator and price you not get, but anyway we cant have it on mt4 platform, so its therefore its maybe useless...

IMHO

u cannot have the right volume, if u trade with SMALL BROKER

u can if u have the access to across INTERBANK Liquidity -- i Mean BANK with BANK trading

then it will tell the Volume...

FOREX is different with STOCK MARKET

BUT

IF u Want to Trade Volume...

why dont U study and understand FUNDAMENTAL of pairs, its the same.. its give u Future Trend

just like Trading the News... when the news comes good or bad, the price spike, (( i think this the true Volume )

Of COURse.. Long term trade will give the best result

: )

ryanklefas:
Attached is an indicator for doing the Volume Summing. It is dependent on Swing_Point so that must be installed on your MT4 as well.

Could you please tell what the functions are the "Backtesting" for?

And how to use it.

Thanks!

Wilson

anyone help me.... why this not visible in my chart at 1H timeframe

thanks

Files:
vol.gif  11 kb
vol_15m.gif  14 kb

same problem with me, but mine doesn't show on any timeframe

What is this meaning?

Please I want to know what the volume = 25 meaning

It is meaning 25 order