PowerTrading/The River - page 46

thanks

hello pt.,

thanks for your time but posting of more chat will be appreaciated

today

Files:
1_10.gif  16 kb

good chart spek

u r doing well spek. like ur chart with cci?

can u give me the cci indicator?

thanks

template

this is a template with CCI

Files:
cci.tpl  4 kb

Today

Here is the trades from today.

Made a total of 115 pips today.

Files:

Second Trade

Here is the second trade of the day for me.

PT

Files:

Power Trader...

I am working very hard on getting my boxes placed in the correct places. I really appreciate you posting your charts as you go. It really helps me out in understanding this method. I have not seen anyone else do what you do. You post your charts live and all your trades. I have not seen anyone else do this. That is why i hang out here...everyone else seems to talk in theory and past tense when it comes to their trades...you must do this full time, i guess, because i do not know how you have the time to do all this. But thanks....i am going to get one of yor dvds

Dead Thread?

I'm particularly new here and when i found out about "The River" from this thread, I got real interested and wanted to test them on all major monkeys.

Till now, my backtest and forward test are giving positive results but, why is this thread dead? What happen anyway? Is this system not reliable anymore due to the current market condition?

Would really like to revive this thread back!! Anyone?

\(^_^)/

Seriously need to revive.

Hi all, I'm not sure if this thread is totally dead... or maybe this trading method is not suitable for the current market now?

Anyway, I'm introduced to this system not long ago, did some backtesting and forward test it. The results are very nice. Hence, I think we should start posting charts back on this thread and share opinions.

And If PowerTrader is out there, do please guide us (:

A Day off for Traders

If I'm asked when I take a day off my trading, I would say "When I see this chart pattern."

I'm still looking into this particular pattern on the 15M where SMA84 and LWMA50 are swimming in the Mid River, hardly coming out of the river. This calls for a ranging day.

Of course, we don't want to miss any breakout opportunity but how to minimize the whipsaw slashing us? Here's some ideas what to do on a ranging day:

1. Zone shall be big enough by either drawing at spikes or Fibo levels.

2. Wait for candle close confirmation. (This is really important for days like this).

3. Draw strong CCI TL. The chart above shows no clear break on the TL.

4. Use more confirmations on entering trade.

I'll keep observing patterns like this and post the charts here (:

Reason: