Collaboration Dolly + Isakas + Nina System - page 63

MiniMe:
I wish that is possible once an EA takes a hit (I mean a big loss), it stops for a week or 4 days... I will have to try test that manually, and see the results ... or even in back tests try to see if you get the first big loss then skip a week and resume the backtest after that week and see the results .... we need to give the market sometime to correct its signals, a week is just an idea maybe one day maybe two ... but I would give it at least 3 days.

A week is too long, IMO... 3 days are OK.

I tested the EA, and yup.. what MiniMe said is true, once it got lost, it will give SL with all currency that I traded.

and it happened 2-3 times loses in one row

Now, let's figure out the way....

Oh, one more thing,

to test the EA more quickly, use the strategy test (F6) and use the visual mode

The market will be moving like a movie,

You will see how the EA work with the past market, and you can determine what improvement you should change.

Hope this one helps.

gdreporter:
Hi All

First I think that only 50 pips of profit for 100 pips stop loss is wrong, We have to make the inverse, because if the trade goes againest us for more than 40 pips it is very difficult that it return back.

Second I want to ask minime what he think about the carry traders (I think that they was sleeping the past 2 weeks and this week they will be here again), just a sentiment.

This week i will test the v2.4 with trailing stop.

Mr Pip what config do you suggest that i put in test.

Regards

gdreporter

The stoploss is a bit of a problem, if you put tight stoploss most of the trades will close in loss .. small losses accumulate to big losses. Even in manual trading you have to let the market move against you.

If we target more than 50 pips then we need to use higher time frames, cause only US/JAP and GBP/JAP moves more than 100 pips per day.

You can try changing the take profit and stoploss and do some backtests, I am almost sure the DIN will not generate a profit then.

Carry traders, is a good strategy but in my opinion either you do it for the long term, and live on the profit see my post here

Or not do it at all cause the best rate will be with the JAP pairs and as far as I can see, all the JAP pairs are due to change its trading direction, I mean the US/JAP and GBP/JAP is waiting for the bears power… so personally I won’t go long on US/JAP or GBP/JAP even with the high swap rate, at least not these days.

It would be great if we can make a code to stop the EA for working, when the trade close on a certain loss value and give a message to alert the user to enable the EA again .... sure he should enable it after sometime (day or two)

I hope someone can explain about this..

I put the EA with 2 different broker, and the condition are the same with the charts,

but I cant figure out,

sometimes, in RT the EA is executed while in FXDD the EA is not executed and vice versa.

Take a look at the arrows in both picture and compare...

I attached the pic below..

ANCOLL:
I hope someone can explain about this..

I put the EA with 2 different broker, and the condition are the same with the charts,

but I cant figure out,

sometimes, in RT the EA is executed while in FXDD the EA is not executed and vice versa.

Take a look at the arrows in both picture and compare...

I attached the pic below..

The BBands signal don't look the same, check if you have the same setting on the BBands for both setup

By the way that Canadian broker his web site hardly opens http://www.fxclearing.biz/ how did you find his services ? any better than his web site

MiniMe:
By the way that Canadian broker his web site hardly opens http://www.fxclearing.biz/ how did you find his services ? any better than his web site

Hmm... this site is look interesting (because it supports e-gold )

Will try their demo.

Thx for this info

MiniMe:
The BBands signal don't look the same, check if you have the same setting on the BBands for both setup By the way that Canadian broker his web site hardly opens http://www.fxclearing.biz/ how did you find his services ? any better than his web site

For this broker please continue on this thread, so it wont messed up with our discussion

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/5948-wow-broker-which-can-give-1-pip-spread

And like MiniMe said, be cautious with a new broker.

demam_emas:
Hmm... this site is look interesting (because it supports e-gold )

Will try their demo.

Thx for this info

I wont trust a broker who put google adds on his site ... see if someone else try thier services and see what he says about them

and check if the allow scalping or not ? to see if your orders can be filled on the news

Dear MrPip,

I would like to ask your help in preventing the situations when DIN_KusKus_EA_v2.4 just closing a trade in profit and places another order at once because the second order frequently closes in loss - please see such situations on the images attached.

I am not a programmer but despite of this tried to set out a snippet of code that is aiming at the prevention the instant placement of a new order on closing the earlier. Would you please check it up and I would like to have your advice on this:

// Do not open position right on close of the earlier

int i,HsTTotal=OrdersHistoryTotal();

datetime CloseTimeLast = 0;

for(i=0;i<HsTTotal;i++)//---- check order history

{

OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_HISTORY);

if ((OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == MagicNumber))

{

datetime CloseTime=OrderCloseTime();

if (CloseTimeLast<=CloseTime)

{

CloseTimeLast=CloseTime;

}

RefreshRates();

if (TimeCurrent() - CloseTimeLast < 3600)

{

Sleep(60000);

}

}

return(0);

}
Files:

delay placing new order

For some reason I stopped receiving emails from forex-tsd for the past week at least. I am a paying member so I do not know what the problem was but it has been corrected.

I have considered this already. Just a matter of how long to wait before opening a new trade. Maybe one trade per time period would work. So one trade for Asian, one for London and one for NY.

Should this also be done after a loss? The rule would be one trade per session regardless of win or loss. It can be coded to check for win or loss. I can also add that as an option switch. useDelayTradeAfterWin and useDelayTradeAfterLoss.

I have coded this in another EA that had 4 trading periods per day with one trade per period. Just need to find the code or recode from scratch.

Robert

delay of trade

A follow up to prior post. Another possibility is to only place a trade if a reverse signal occurs. After a buy only allow sell in same trade session, after sell only allow buy.

Robert

Reason: