Davidke20 VS yeoeleven - Friendly match - page 3

Update on competition

My results from the basic 10points3_Dynamic_Stop using previously posted settings.

Just now I wished that it had a good trailing stop because the progression that I am in was a couple of pips off closing and now is -$64.

Nothing happened this week so far but overall is still OK

John

Files:

yeoeleven:
..... David opted to make modifications and changes to make his version slower but safer. He is unlikely to have any problems, a bit like the rabbit and the hare, it is very likely that I may come unstuck and hit the MaxTrades6 and lose much of my account whereas his modifications will avoid that scenario.

I wondered if that might be the case. "Slower but safer" is undoubtedly better for the the long haul.

yeoeleven:
..... So don't write Junior off just yet.

He's got a very good looking statement. I'd be very happy to post a statement like that.

If he truly has a way to avoid a "MaxTrades6 scenario", that thing is very sweet indeed.

...but it still looks like he should maintain a $2.50 Happy Meal reserve fund, just in case...

looks like it, happy meal is gone to grandpa's site

Pecunia non olet:
I wondered if that might be the case. "Slower but safer" is undoubtedly better for the the long haul.

He's got a very good looking statement. I'd be very happy to post a statement like that.

If he truly has a way to avoid a "MaxTrades6 scenario", that thing is very sweet indeed.

...but it still looks like he should maintain a $2.50 Happy Meal reserve fund, just in case...

its stand by, anytime...:D And, the thing has never gone up to 6 so far, only 3~4. Most of the time bailed before the 4th level escalated.

Meanwhile, the platform just bail the short position and change to long on EURUSD...:D

davidke20:
And, the thing has never gone up to 6 so far, only 3~4. Most of the time bailed before the 4th level escalated.
davidke20:
Meanwhile, the platform just bail the short position and change to long on EURUSD...:D

Thanks. I think I'm sorta getting the hint now.

Still surviving...

Urgghhh..... too bad, yesterday EURUSD did make some good move, shoot up and retraced. I'm sure grandpa make a big chunk from there. Since my system is design to bail... and the stupid asshole keep closing position with tiny profits seeing my happy meal getting far and far away...

Files:
comp.gif  6 kb
comp.htm  43 kb

Updates

Well since another update has been given it is up to me to add my own.

It was a good period for me, I was unhappy because the EA almost hit the Target Profit and then moved down into loss. At the time I posted on the other forum thread that a trailing Stop was needed but hanging in there it eventually closed when EURUSD rose and then added a couple more closed trades.

There is still time for me to come unstuck and lose a MaxTrades5 but for now all is well. Between the closed and open profit my account has increased by $20100 since the 8th Jan.

If you think that is good the results from a different version that David presented me with is showing a clear profit of over $50000 since the 8th Jan and that is the version that David has adjusted to make more secure and in so doing is losing his competition, he would have had it in the bag but for his desire to create the safest EA.

John

Files:

daily updates... still holding short positions

As I always mentioned, take whatever you allowed. But my EA seems a little bitchie, every once in awhile take a small sum amount and reverse trade. Its quite safe now, trading makes life easier... but I really hate to lose a happy meal to grandpa.

Files:
comp_1.gif  6 kb
comp_1.htm  45 kb

davidke20:
...Its quite safe now, trading makes life easier... but I really hate to lose a happy meal to grandpa.

It's starting to look like you're gonna be able to afford quite a lot of Happy Meals.

....especially if that thing is really safe.

Heck, after awhile you could buy McDonalds by the "Franchise Location" instead of by the "Happy Meal".

Daily updates

Well here we are again posting our results once more.

Must admit I was getting worried there for a while when on MaxTrades4 but a fortunate change of direction closed off in profit. We have decided to close our competition at the end of trading next week so there is another week for me to hang on.

As part of our rules we have decided not to manually interfere with our trades over the period of the competition and also use similar settings and just trade the EURUSD pair. The idea being to analyse and compare the results with a view to making the safest 10points3 expert advisor possible.

So there is a reason for our competition apart from, well in my case and up to now, the enjoyment of seeing the results coming in

John

Files:
Reason: