Virtual Hosting: 6203020 obsolete version of "Communicator.ex4" cannot be transferred to the hosting server, please recompile it first!

Hi everyone :)

Please help regarding solving / troubleshooting this error :

"2020.12.26 08:46:04.507 Virtual Hosting: 6203020 obsolete version of "Communicator.ex4" cannot be transferred to the hosting server, please recompile it first"

I rented VPS for my account on MT4  and  unfortunately it will m=ot function or runs except for migrating signals anything else will give me the above error, and it will stop !!

Thank you 

Be Safe :)

It may be because of the following reason:

• dll is prohibited on the forum, and this "Communicator" tool is using (or trying to use) dll; so - do not use this "Communicator" tool or ask the author/coder to re-code this tool to be worked without dll;
  • your MT4 build is very old one (compare with MQL5 VPS Metatrader build); the latest build which I have is 1320;
  • this "Communicator" tool compiled with old build of Metatrader/MetsEditor; you should recompule this tool.
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
The fastest VPS server for forex trading from the MetaTrader 4/5 terminal developers

Mushabab Al-Murayeh:

Hi everyone :)

Please help regarding solving / troubleshooting this error :

"2020.12.26 08:46:04.507 Virtual Hosting: 6203020 obsolete version of "Communicator.ex4" cannot be transferred to the hosting server, please recompile it first"

I rented VPS for my account on MT4  and  unfortunately it will m=ot function or runs except for migrating signals anything else will give me the above error, and it will stop !!

Thank you 

Be Safe :)

You should update your EA, after some MT4/5 upgrades, older coded EAs do not work and they need some update too in order to be compiled and run smoothly on Metatrader or MQL5 VPS.

i payed for VPS 15 usd month but it ca not work i receive this message; migration to virtual hosting failed:old version of EX4 file

Recompile "communicator.ex4" and restart the migration.

i do not know how to proceed.

and why do you sell an expired version which is not working?

joelka Kalonga:

i payed for VPS 15 usd month but it ca not work i receive this message; migration to virtual hosting failed:old version of EX4 file

Recompile "communicator.ex4" and restart the migration.

i do not know how to proceed.

You need to open your EA on the MetaEditor and click the Compile button on the top menu.

If it compiles with errors, you need to update your EA's code.

Mushabab Al-Murayeh :

Hello everyone :)

Please help regarding solving/troubleshooting this error:

"2020.12.26 08:46:04.507 Virtual Hosting: Outdated version 6203020 of "Communicator.ex4" cannot be transferred to the hosting server, please recompile it first"

I rented a VPS for my account on MT4 and unfortunately it won't work or run except for migration signals, anything else will give me the above error and stop.

Thank you

Take care :)

I solved it by renaming the communicator.ex4 file that was in my Experts folder...
I rebuilt my Lego Experts and I was able to synchronize without problems!... Greetings!!!!

Carlos Moreno #:
I solved it by renaming the communicator.ex4 file that was in my Experts folder...
I rebuilt my Lego Experts and I was able to synchronize without problems!... Greetings!!!!

Synchronize yes, but now whatever functionality “communicator.ex4” did is now gone.

Carlos Moreno #:

Had similar situation -  i didnt need to have a new build of MT4 - i located the offending file 'xxx.connect.ex' via the File/ open data folder / MQL etc and double clicked on it to open the MQL editor so i could recompile but it produced errors, so i deleted the file but made a copy in case i needed it back in downloads folder and then reattempted the VPS migration and it worked instantly . Hope this helps ...

joelka Kalonga #:

because like all coders and engineers, metaquotes always tries to reinvent the wheel, and the rest of humanity has to catch up.

I suggest that you contact the seller to ask for the update. However, it probably isnt the sellers fault either, just metaquotes forced update of the mtx program.

tabban21 #:

Had similar situation -  i didnt need to have a new build of MT4 - i located the offending file 'xxx.connect.ex' via the File/ open data folder / MQL etc and double clicked on it to open the MQL editor so i could recompile but it produced errors, so i deleted the file but made a copy in case i needed it back in downloads folder and then reattempted the VPS migration and it worked instantly . Hope this helps ...

as william said in comment: what you did was disable whatever feature that that file did. So, if that communicator file got news or a signal from the internet, then, that ability of the ea is now disabled and broken.

Reason: