EA_based Trailing Stop - page 11

gtudor:
Can you help me with this EA for MT4 build 610 ? Thanks very much !

gtudor

Try it out now (removed the new metatrader 4 compatibility issues from the code - the rest should work as the original)

mladen:
gtudor Try it out now (removed the new metatrader 4 compatibility issues from the code - the rest should work as the original)

Thank you !

mladen:
gtudor Try it out now (removed the new metatrader 4 compatibility issues from the code - the rest should work as the original)

I understand that if Break_Even_After_X_Pips = 5, when they reach 5 pips put BE , but do not understand what makes XpipsAboveBE!

Please when you have little time !

gtudor:
I understand that if Break_Even_After_X_Pips = 5, when they reach 5 pips put BE , but do not understand what makes XpipsAboveBE! Please when you have little time !

gtudor

It is the actual stop loss that will be set : order open price +- the XpipsAboveBE (to set it to be exactly equal to the order open price use 0, otherwise it will set it to be different than the order open price, and from the code, as far as I see, you can use negative values too)

mladen:
gtudor It is the actual stop loss that will be set : order open price +- the XpipsAboveBE (to set it to be exactly equal to the order open price use 0, otherwise it will set it to be different than the order open price, and from the code, as far as I see, you can use negative values too)

I took the USDCHF sell at 0.8877.

I want to put Break Even 5 pips and 20 pips stop

So: Break_Even_After_X_Pips = 5 and XpipsAboveBE = 20?

Is that correct?

gtudor:
I took the USDCHF sell at 0.8877.

I want to put Break Even 5 pips and 20 pips stop

So: Break_Even_After_X_Pips = 5 and XpipsAboveBE = 20?

Is that correct?

gtudor

This is how it works :

When it sees that the difference between the order open price and current price is >= to Break_Even_After_X_Pips then it applies order open price +- XpipsAboveBE pips stop loss. So, for exampl, if you would set it as you try, it would not be able to set the stop loss. You would have to set the parameters like this : Break_Even_After_X_Pips = 25 and XpipsAboveBE = 5

Try it out

mladen:
gtudor

This is how it works :

When it sees that the difference between the order open price and current price is >= to Break_Even_After_X_Pips then it applies order open price +- XpipsAboveBE pips stop loss. So, for exampl, if you would set it as you try, it would not be able to set the stop loss. You would have to set the parameters like this : Break_Even_After_X_Pips = 25 and XpipsAboveBE = 5

Try it out

Thank you !

Hi all,

I am very new to EA, need your advise on the setting for trailingwithpartialclose8.mq4. I am using a 5 digit broker, and if i want to TP at 40pips, should i put 40 or 400 in TPLevel1?

And for the Breakeven and Lockpips type 4, if i want it to BE at 30pips and Lockpips at 10pips, (should i put 300 or 30 at BE, Lockpips = 10 or 100)?

THank you very much.

alvinkon:
Hi all,

I am very new to EA, need your advise on the setting for trailingwithpartialclose8.mq4. I am using a 5 digit broker, and if i want to TP at 40pips, should i put 40 or 400 in TPLevel1?

And for the Breakeven and Lockpips type 4, if i want it to BE at 30pips and Lockpips at 10pips, (should i put 300 or 30 at BE, Lockpips = 10 or 100)?

THank you very much.

alvinkon

It adapts itself to 4 and 5 digit brokers (as far as I see from the code) so you do not need to multiply

But it also depends what type of the trailing stop you chose (since not all are going to use pips for trailing stop - see the trailing stop types parameter for description of 8 types it uses)

Hi mladen:

Could you please help combine these 2 EAs.

I like the simple trailing the SL by pips after the breakeven is achieved (FPA=TrailingStop.mq4) and the ability to close the trades after the target (in dollars) is reached (CloseAtProfit.mq4).

The option for the EAs to run on one symbol from one chart or all open trades of all symbols is also great.

Currently, I have load 2 charts for each EA to run on the same symbol.

When I trade multiple pairs, it's hard because I have to open a lot of charts.

I appreciate your help very much. Thank you!

tt

closeatprofit.mq4trailingstop.mq4

Files:
Reason: