MY TURTLES EA - need Testers

EDITED: Jan. 3 2007

*IMPORTANT NOTE: To all testers once again thank you for your help. But some clarifications, this EA is Beta version so it is still under development. The main purpose of this test is to find flaws in the programming to find and fix the bugs. Another more important purpose of this test is to find and develop the best settings to improve the original turtles system, We already have the turtles EA here free to download but it has not yet been optimizedand the most profitable settings, timeframe, setup has NOT yet been discovered. SO PLEASE EXPERIMENT ON WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOUand then you can post it in the thread so we can discuss it so that we may hasten the development of this EA so we can start making real pips! Thank You once again.

Hello All,

Ive been worked on this EA this weekend it is based on the turtle method, It is a beta version so lots must still be assiged. But everything else is dynamic based on the Original turtles method that could be found at www.originalturtles.org. I have only backtested this EA and seems to work fine in backtest.

Anyways the turtle System could be used in anytimeframe this EA could also but you must change values so that stops would not be placed to close.

So for everyone who is willing to help me test this baby here are the external variables:

Lots Assign Fixed Lot Size to be traded per unit

MaxUnits Maximum units to trade per Currency Pair

MagicNumber Assign Magic Number

EntryLookBack Bars to lookback for calculating entry breakout prices

ExitLookBack Bars to lookback in calculating exit prices

ATRPeriod ATR Period, ATR used to calculate N(hope you read the book )

SLMultiple Multiply ATR by this to calculate StopLoss

ReEntryMultiple Multiply ATR by this to calculate Re Entry Point

ATRBreakEven if set to true SL will be moved to break even level when this price is reached

BreakEvenMultiple Multiply ATR by this to get breakeven price

NEW VARS IN Version BETA4

LockProfit Set to true to enable Total Profit Trailing to lock in Profit

PipLockinStart Will Start Profit Trailing when Total Amount in pips reaches this amount

LockinPercent Percentage of The Total Profits being locked in

To those kind people who will help me test and develop this EA thank you in advance, Attached is the Ninja_Turtle_EA beta, and the originalturtles.pdf book where this EA is based, as well as summary of the turtles rules which i got somewhere in this forum.

Thanks Again!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE!

Mikhail

*MINOR UPDATE: New Version Ninja "Turtle Beta3" ready for download, SL on all Pending Orders.

*MAJOR UPDATE: Ninja Turtle Beta 4 - Now with Added feature Profit Trailing.

*MINOR UPDATE: Ninja Turtle Beta 4.1 - fixed pip calculation

*MINOR UPDATE: Ninja Turtle Beta 4.2 - fixed pip calculation for all currecy pairs, entry stops take into account your brokers spread to avoid false entry.

*MINOR UPDATE: Ninja Turtle Beta 4.3 Minor bug fix causing zero divide error

mikhaildgreat:
Hello All,

Ive been worked on this EA this weekend it is based on the turtle method, It is a beta version so lots must still be assiged. But everything else is dynamic based on the Original turtles method that could be found at www.originalturtles.org. I have only backtested this EA and seems to work fine in backtest.

Anyways the turtle System could be used in anytimeframe this EA could also but you must change values so that stops would not be placed to close.

So for everyone who is willing to help me test this baby here are the external variables:

ATRBreakEven if set to true SL will be moved to break even level when this price is reached

To those kind people who will help me test and develop this EA thank you in advance, Attached is the Ninja_Turtle_EA beta, and the originalturtles.pdf book where this EA is based, as well as summary of the turtles rules which i got somewhere in this forum.

Thanks Again!

Mikhail

That's cool! I'd love to check and compare. We can learn from each other that way.

I hope you could start forward testing so we can also use that information.

Cheers

Forward Test

mikhaildgreat:
Hello All,

Thanks Again!

Mikhail

Thanks for your job...

I like turtle trading ..waiting for forward test to see it works

================Forex Indicators Collection

prasxz:
Thanks for your job...

I like turtle trading ..waiting for forward test to see it works

================Forex Indicators Collection

what time frame?

If it's true Turtle Trading, it's D1 (Daily) timeframe.

i put H1... now open sell stop and buy stop...on eurusd..

sell stop 1.3059

buy stop 1.3252

Thank You

Hello All.

Thank you all for forward testing, sstillwell is correct to saying that original turtles is made for the daily timeframe. But Im currently testing it on M30 just to see more trades done, for debugging purposes.

But turtle trading should work great with any Market and any timeframe as long as the markert makes big trends!

Anyways thanks again! and happy forward testing!

Regards,

Mikhail

Having a little trouble understanding how this system profits. It has been noted that this method requires large equity because it experiences huge drawdowns. What is the scenerio in which it wins? I've only read it briefly, but don't understand the difference between the turtles method and simple pyramiding.

Which turtle method are you testing btw? System 1 or 2? What exit strategies are you using, 2 N or whipsaw 1/2? Do you think there is a way to trade this idea that will not produce the profits a true turtle system would produce, but perhaps bring in more consistent profits with less drawdown? Matt

permanentjaun:
Having a little trouble understanding how this system profits. It has been noted that this method requires large equity because it experiences huge drawdowns. What is the scenerio in which it wins? I've only read it briefly, but don't understand the difference between the turtles method and simple pyramiding. Which turtle method are you testing btw? System 1 or 2? What exit strategies are you using, 2 N or whipsaw 1/2? Do you think there is a way to trade this idea that will not produce the profits a true turtle system would produce, but perhaps bring in more consistent profits with less drawdown? Matt

Hello im using system 2, but i will develop system 1 after this EA is already working perfectly. the reason i chose sytem to to program first because it has much simpler condition to program.

As for exit strategy im using 2N as dafault for stoploss. You can change the values if you wish by changing Stoploss Multiple. Multiple is by how much to multiply the N with. Take Profit is exactly as in the book, after making a 20 bar low or high dafault(you can also change Exit bar lookback if you want to costumize this). So what I did is the exit acts like a trailing stop with the stoploss being adjusted to the low or high.

As for drawdown it is true that the system could lose much when the market is ranging but this is normal with the system because when you capture a trend it is able to make huge profits.

I hope this helps, and enjoy the forward test

regards,

Mikhail

Fully Loaded

Woohooo!!!

great day for forward testing! The Ninja Turtle is now fully loaded with 4 units! everything seems to be working great so far, stops are working as planned and added lots are also working as it should.

I just hope the GBP dowtrend continues so we can see if the profit taking exit work good as well!

I atteched the picture of our fully loaded EA!

TURTLE POWER!!!

Regrads,

Mikhail

Files:

mikhaildgreat:
Woohooo!!!

great day for forward testing! The Ninja Turtle is now fully loaded with 4 units! everything seems to be working great so far, stops are working as planned and added lots are also working as it should.

I just hope the GBP dowtrend continues so we can see if the profit taking exit work good as well!

I atteched the picture of our fully loaded EA!

TURTLE POWER!!!

Regrads,

Mikhail

That's quite a promising start. If valvk in the mql4 championship wins second or third place, that is another hint that this may be a winner strategy. Do you plan to keep the forward test 24/5 ? If so, it would be great to see the results. I'll do some forward testing but later this week or the next week due to technical issues.

Go turtle go!

Reason: