Great Script Idea... Pyramid your gains

I have an idea for a script, but I'm not that good at programming... (I'm working on an EA but it's slow going.) I thought I'd put this out to everyone since many people would find this helpful.

Here's the idea:

You have a trade already open and "in the money" a bit. You're expecting the trend to continue, and want to "double down" without risking a whole lot of principal.

Enter the script:

Drag the script to your open order

Your existing order should be in the money by at least 25 pips (2x 10 plus spread)

The script will open a second order, same size and direction as the first.

The Stop Loss for both orders will be set at 1/2 the distance between them, so that the loss on the second would offset the gains of the first (or some other level that can be changed).

If someone could program this or knows of an existing program, many people would be very happy!

joelmusicman:

I have an idea for a script, but I'm not that good at programming... (I'm working on an EA but it's slow going.) I thought I'd put this out to everyone since many people would find this helpful.

Here's the idea:

You have a trade already open and "in the money" a bit. You're expecting the trend to continue, and want to "double down" without risking a whole lot of principal.

Enter the script:

Your existing order should be in the money by at least 25 pips (2x 10 plus spread)

The Stop Loss for both orders will be set at 1/2 the distance between them, so that the loss on the second would offset the gains of the first (or some other level that can be changed).

If someone could program this or knows of an existing program, many people would be very happy!

Could send me the algorythm and I will write you the code

Fabrice:

Could send me the algorythm and I will write you the code

That's basically it... the idea was to use it primarily with manual trading. Sorry, I realize now that my post implies that I was referring to the EA...

The EA that I imagine is simply a basic Ichimoku breakout, based on this website:

http://www.fxwords.com/u/ichimoku-cloud.html

The real secret of the EA is the money management system... ANTI-Martingale, from an e-book I found a few years ago.

joelmusicman wrote >>

Here's the idea:

Enter the script:

Hey Joel,

Search for take_trend on this site and check it out. Maybe it can work for you

Reason: