MY TURTLES EA - need Testers - page 12

Thanks for coming back!

I am reading the book also, I was solicited by Russel sands group to place money with them But the start up fee is 6k. I'd rather run it myself!!

So please keep up the good work!!

Steve

How's it going??

any word on release date??

Not trying to be funny

but it looks like if you take the reverse of the signals on the 1M and 5M charts for the EURUSD and the default settings, it's a big winner. I'm not a programmer but if someone were to reverse the signals, you might have something.

Ordiehl

When will you release your new version (not beta) ?

mikhaildgreat:
Hi,

I have been busy with other projects but I see people are still interested with this EA. It so happens that I have also recently bought a the book "Complete Turtle Trader" and am reading it right now. Anyways to make a long story short I'm back to finish this project.

I see that the old EA requires a major overhaul (since this was kind of a practice EA for me while I was learning MQL). I will make a new version very soon that is no longer "beta" then post it in the first page.

And yes we still need testers, also can people suggest good Metatrader brokers that allow trading commodities?

Regards,

Mikhail

Hi Mikhail,

I will be happy to test your EA when you will release it.

On april you said you will release soon : what happened ? Lack of time or it isn't working as intended ?

Sorry once again for the delay since I have several projects running at the same time. Within june I plan to release the new version of the turtles EA.

Regards,

Mikhail

Offer to help

Hello all,

mikhaildgreat, I too am interested in setting up a turtletrading EA, since I just finished reading "The Complete Turtletrader". I actually started coding one when another user referred me to this page ( Turtletrading EA - request for developmental help ).

As is explained on that page, I am a new programmer in MQL4, but have a basic understanding of C and C++, and therefore find MQL4 easy to comprehend. I have not as yet had a look at your code, but get the feeling that it is much more refined than my current efforts. I would like to help with the coding of the EA.

Please let me know if I may help. Thank you.

By the way, how are you licensing your code?

Thank you,

Ravi Desai

Hi,

Yes you may use the current code if you wish but the current one still has allot of bugs that needs to be addressed... Also I added a few features in the current one that are not part of the original turtles method, I want to make a new one that is faithful to the method as described in the book

As for the licensing of the code, what do you mean by this? I plan to give this EA out as a freeware. But as for the code, I still have not decided if I will make it open to all or not.

Regards,

Mikhail

ravster:
Hello all,

mikhaildgreat, I too am interested in setting up a turtletrading EA, since I just finished reading "The Complete Turtletrader". I actually started coding one when another user referred me to this page ( Turtletrading EA - request for developmental help ).

As is explained on that page, I am a new programmer in MQL4, but have a basic understanding of C and C++, and therefore find MQL4 easy to comprehend. I have not as yet had a look at your code, but get the feeling that it is much more refined than my current efforts. I would like to help with the coding of the EA.

Please let me know if I may help. Thank you.

By the way, how are you licensing your code?

Thank you,

Ravi Desai

Interesting project. Thanks for the work you are doing on this

mikhaildgreat:
Hi,

Yes you may use the current code if you wish but the current one still has allot of bugs that needs to be addressed... Also I added a few features in the current one that are not part of the original turtles method, I want to make a new one that is faithful to the method as described in the book

As for the licensing of the code, what do you mean by this? I plan to give this EA out as a freeware. But as for the code, I still have not decided if I will make it open to all or not.

Regards,

Mikhail

Any new version of the EA?

what about now

Reason: