MY TURTLES EA - need Testers - page 10

can this EA trade 0.01 ?

Version 403

Hello Mikhail

I shall like downloading the last version of your E.A: version 4.3 but I do not find her(it).

Could you restore her(it) to me again.

Thank you so much and my best wishes for 2007

mikhaildgreat:
hello,

If you are already 50 pips in profit EA should lock in 30% of the pips, this is in 4.3 default settings. does it not show a value in piplock in on the upper right side comment?

Regards,

Mikhail

I am not comfortable allowing this EA to achieve 30 pips profit without manually closing the trade let alone 50 pips after the experiences that I have had.

The trade mentioned earlier that was $30 in profit closed off at $70 loss and the second trade $60.

Perhaps I am watching too closely and trigger happy but I have had several profitable trades close off after hitting the stop loss. Is there a setting that will allow a lock in of pips much earlier?

John

Yves81:
Hello Mikhail

I shall like downloading the last version of your E.A: version 4.3 but I do not find her(it).

Could you restore her(it) to me again.

Thank you so much and my best wishes for 2007

You can find it in the first post

Yes,

you can change this,

PipLockinStart - when this total amount in pips is reached lock in will start.default is 50pips, so you can change this to 30 if you wish or even 10.

LockinPercent - this is the percentage you will lock in. default is 30, so that would be 30%. if you put 50 than it would lock in 50% of total pips gained.

Almost all variable in this EA could be changed, I did this so we could find the most profitable settings much sooner.

Hope that helps,

Mikhail

yeoeleven:
I am not comfortable allowing this EA to achieve 30 pips profit without manually closing the trade let alone 50 pips after the experiences that I have had.

The trade mentioned earlier that was $30 in profit closed off at $70 loss and the second trade $60.

Perhaps I am watching too closely and trigger happy but I have had several profitable trades close off after hitting the stop loss. Is there a setting that will allow a lock in of pips much earlier?

John

@yeoeleven - once you test this can you post recommended settings? Thanks

Or anyone else testing this. I would like to try this and am looking for safe settings

LockinStart

mikhaildgreat:
Yes,

you can change this,

PipLockinStart - when this total amount in pips is reached lock in will start.default is 50pips, so you can change this to 30 if you wish or even 10.

LockinPercent - this is the percentage you will lock in. default is 30, so that would be 30%. if you put 50 than it would lock in 50% of total pips gained.

Almost all variable in this EA could be changed, I did this so we could find the most profitable settings much sooner.

Hope that helps,

Mikhail

Thank you Mikhail.

Will consider that now I understand it, once the trade is finished it takes hours before starting another one so the level is very important that is why the defaults is 50.

There has to be a balance where the trade is profitable the level accepted and a position where good profit is lost.

John

I think we should try a simple TP target and see how it does. I am always happy with 5 or 10 pips a trade.

PipLockinStart & LockinPercent

A programmer friend has coded in another 2 options so I have:-

1 PipLockinStart 10 LockinPercent 30

2 PipLockinStart 30 LockinPercent 30

3 PipLockinStart 50 LockinPercent 30

the theory being that if the first progression is successful the next will be used.

I intend to allow it to trade over NFP to see how it holds up. If it proves to be useful I will ask his permission to post the mod.

I am using default settings and on SBFX am using H1 and on Velocity & FXDD H4. Using the Major pairs

Up to now I have had code 130 errors on 2 pairs using FXDD and Velocity but not on SBFX.

John

Turtle mod

During NFP the EA did progress past the settings 1 & 2 and NFP shows that at 62 pips profit the locked in profit is 19 pips. TP% = 19.

NFP2 has moved back to 46 pips profit but has locked in 23 pips. TP% = 14

I am just watching and waiting for next week to observe how the mod varies the locked in pips value and when it will close.

The onset of error code 130 errors caused a reduction of pairs under test it is a very pernicious error that repeats almost instantly and the only way I found to eliminate it was to remove the EA from the chart and then close the pending order that it was referring to.

This error was present before the modification and I believe it has something to do with slippage and if Mikhail can adjust the EA to counter effect it that would be a useful for all forward testing.

John

Files:
nfp.gif  42 kb
nfp2.gif  41 kb
Reason: