Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 43

Malcik:
NOTE: Another long post by me, nothing connected with SimbaSystem, its rules or anything else, just my feelings, my situation, my thoughts and questions regarding the philosophy of and approach to trading. If you are not interested, just skip this post and save your time

Hi Simba,

Thanks for your great posts. First to the one directed at Pippt:

It is great that you shared with us your thoughts about trading. I'm getting to similar conclusions. Not that I'm mature enough to be able to feel the market and do trading as art, I'm definitely not. I've just been able to begin to grasp the idea that this "art" philosophy of trading is where the real money is to be made.

Unfortunately, there are a few limitations. I still have to go to school. At age of 20 it wouldn't be wise for me to drop out of college and rely on trading as my job for my entire life. I definitely want to trade my whole life, still I want to have my college degree finished and go to regular job. Let's be honest, by trading we are not really helping anyone, at least not in a way that we could see, touch etc. Yes, we are contributing to liquidity in the markets, we work as insurance companies, we are part of markets, and with no markets not very many things could work the way they do in everyone's everyday lives. And the discipline, risk, capital etc. are things we have to be able to bear and the possible extreme financial reward is therefore fair. This job is just not for everyone, only for the best. Furthermore, we can do charity stuff, which is definitely what I intend to do the minute I do my first withdrawal from my trading account, if there ever is some significant leftover profit to be withdrawn. I believe this is my destiny. Still I'd like to see myself going to regular job, to meet people, to see them getting better thanks to me, to make a tangible difference in the world. I study economics and that could by the way very well go together with the charity stuff - people in the world are starving because of simple economic and social reasons. There's nothing more to it.

Why I'm writing this? Because this is the reason for which I have to be the "EA guy". During trading hours I'm at school and at night I like to sleep. EA is the only way I can trade. Position entries are not for me because I, as a student, don't have enough capital for them. Second, I, at least while learning, like to see some partial results (good or bad) in days or weeks, not in months or, more likely, years. For those reasons, my idea was to study market cycles theory based on the books you told us about. I'd like to be able to do the art NOT of trading itself BUT of designing different indicators and EA's at different times, reading the daily and H4 charts, and determining what EA to use this month, what next month etc., and perhaps also to which sides to take the trades to (long/short only). Simply said, I'd like to be a good artist reading the weekly and monthly situations in the markets, determining the right methodology of trading during those times, and let the computer do the minute-to-minute work.

The reason is nothing else than the college. What would you do if you were me, Simba? What would anyone else do? I'll be glad to hear your comments.

Second, the post directed at ericbach:

I just have one question regarding what you wrote: how ready do you think SimbaSystem is for live trading? Are you trading it live? Or are you trading a modification? As I wrote before, I have never traded live. Since this system is the one I'm most familiar with, I'd like to read your honest opinion on how ready the system is. I like this system, I trust it. I only have a couple more backtest to do which I can do in terms of days. Then I'd like to go live with microlots and later on, when I feel I'm ready for next step, I can upgrade to minilots etc. I don't really want to wait months before going live. I believe the markets move much faster than that and with this kind of approach I think I would never feel ready enough to go live. Everyone, how long does it take you to employ a new system or a new modification? Please comment.

Simba, thanks for your spending valuable time with us. I've said it already and I say it again: you are a great mentor and I'm never going to be able to thank you enough for your time and effort. Hope you enjoy doing it, I don't want you to go away

As far as my backtesting, I read your comments and try to finish the first step by Tuesday. Unfortunately, I've been a little sick this weekend and therefore basically didn't advance at all

Have good one!

Hello Malik,

Heard your in Prague,

My fathers family is from Jablonec. They all still live there. About 1hr north of Prague by the border of Poland. Haven't been there since 83'. One day, would like to take my family there for Euro Vacation when money's not a concern.

Anyway, you seem to be at the right place at the right time.

As for trading, I am still beta testing a system which I am developing. The 4hr trend signal is key to it becoming successful. And now with the 4hr jma signal, I feel even more convident.

Basically, I have a set of rules to follow.

1.) Sunday check 4hr jma signal for trend change or direction.

2.) Start my expert with built-in money management to buy or sell only in direction of trend.

3.) Set system up to turn off automatically after 100pips is reached or I could decide to extend trade for 200pips. It all depends how much time is left in the week.

4.) Close all left open trades on Friday. Withdraw profit which should be around 50% of equity.

5.) Sunday start all over again.

That is it in a nutshell.

Eric

Additional Indicators

Hi Simba and friends

Im searching the indicators needed as a base to run the template, these are the SATL and Chandelier stops_v1.

Simba could you please post them?

I runned a search in the thread and i'm not able to find them.

Thanks!

Daniel.

Dabella,

The indicators are available on Simbasystem first post.

There you can find xpMa_v2SATL that with the standard configuration is equal to SATL, and _MTF_ChandelierStops_60min.

Bye,

Pippt

ericbach:
Hello Malik,

Heard your in Prague,

My fathers family is from Jablonec. They all still live there. About 1hr north of Prague by the border of Poland. Haven't been there since 83'. One day, would like to take my family there for Euro Vacation when money's not a concern.

Anyway, you seem to be at the right place at the right time.

As for trading, I am still beta testing a system which I am developing. The 4hr trend signal is key to it becoming successful. And now with the 4hr jma signal, I feel even more convident.

Basically, I have a set of rules to follow.

1.) Sunday check 4hr jma signal for trend change or direction.

2.) Start my expert with built-in money management to buy or sell only in direction of trend.

3.) Set system up to turn off automatically after 100pips is reached or I could decide to extend trade for 200pips. It all depends how much time is left in the week.

4.) Close all left open trades on Friday. Withdraw profit which should be around 50% of equity.

5.) Sunday start all over again.

That is it in a nutshell.

Eric

Hi ericbach,

Thanks for your response. I know where Jablonec is but I've never been there. Make sure you come visit your relatives. I think you'll like it -- fortunately most things have changed since 1983 in this country, although not everything. One thing you can count on is Pivo (beer), specifically Gambrinus or Pilsner Urquell

You seem to have similar thoughts about the way of trading as I do. When I finish Simba's assignments, I'll sure start playing with JMA as well. Only one things is not clear to me: you check your H4 charts on Sunday only? Or did you mean you check them every night to determinte the direction of your trades for the next day?

Indicators

dabella:
Hi Simba and friends

Im searching the indicators needed as a base to run the template, these are the SATL and Chandelier stops_v1.

Simba could you please post them?

I runned a search in the thread and i'm not able to find them.

Thanks!

Daniel.

Hi,

Here you have them

Simba

Files:

Ericbach :SATL 4H RESULTS

Hi Ericbach and everybody else

Please find here the SATL 4H results that I mentioned in one of my later posts

..Basically SATL 4H was marginally profitable..from28/oct/05 to 05/feb/07,if you look at the graph,you will see that from beginning to trade 292(17/feb/06)..results were awful,and since then have been extraordinary..

In my next post will follow with test,same conditions on h4 for JMA,13,phase =0

Simba

Strategy Tester Report

MultixpMAEAV1[1].0.0

Symbol GBPUSD (Great Britain Pound vs US Dollar)

Period 4 Hours (H4) 2005.10.28 00:00 - 2007.02.06 00:00 (1970.01.01 - 2007.02.06)

Model Control points (based on the nearest less timeframe with fractal interpolation of 12 control points)

Parameters xpmafile="xpma.csv"; Order_Setting="---------- Order Setting"; OneEntryPerBar=false; ReverseTradesOnly=false; StopLoss=1000; TakeProfit=1000; BreakEvenAfterPips=40; Slippage=5; MaxOpenTrade=1; MinPriceDistance=5; TrailingStop_Setting="---------- Trail Management Settings"; TrailingStopType=1; TrailingStop=0; Moving_Average_Setting="---------- MA close Settings"; CloseMA=0; RSI_Settings="---------- RSI Filter Settings"; UseRSIfilter=false; RSIPeriod=21; RSIPrice=1; RSIBUYthreshold=50; RSISELLthreshold=50; CCI_Settings="---------- CCI Filter Settings"; UseCCIfilter=false; CCIPeriod=21; CCIPrice=1; CCIBUYthreshold=50; CCISELLthreshold=-50; Volume_Settings="---------- Volume Filter Settings"; UseVolumeFilter=false; VolumeRange=1; VolumeThreshold=7; Time_Parameters="---------- EA Active Time"; UseHourTrade=false; StartHour=0; EndHour=11; MM_Parameters="---------- Money Management"; Lots=5; MM=false; AccountIsMicro=false; DecreaseFactor=0; Risk=10; Alert_Setting="---------- Alert Setting"; EnableAlert=true; EmailAlert=false; SoundFilename="alert.wav"; Testing_Parameters="---------- Back Test Parameter"; PrintControl=true; Show_Settings=true;

Bars in test 2069 Ticks modelled 28848 Modelling quality 30.91%

Initial deposit 50000.00

Total net profit 8399.47 Gross profit 368433.15 Gross loss -360033.68

Profit factor 1.02 Expected payoff 22.82

Absolute drawdown 40618.26 Maximal drawdown 68778.83 (88.00%) Relative drawdown 88.00% (68778.83)

Total trades 368 Short positions (won %) 180 (44.44%) Long positions (won %) 188 (50.53%)

Profit trades (% of total) 175 (47.55%) Loss trades (% of total) 193 (52.45%)

Largest profit trade 25251.91 loss trade -10268.50

Average profit trade 2105.33 loss trade -1865.46

Maximum consecutive wins (profit in money) 6 (18272.32) consecutive losses (loss in money) 9 (-23959.18)

Maximal consecutive profit (count of wins) 30364.92 (2) consecutive loss (count of losses) -23959.18 (9)

Average consecutive wins 2 consecutive losses 2

Files:

Ericbach:JMA,13,4H,TEST RESULTS..CONGRATULATIONS

Hi Ericbach and everybody else,

The results of what you proposed as atrend filter for 4h have been much better than SATL 4H..though they also had a down period and an up period,

I suggest we focus on finding some 4h filter that is profitable for any 3 month period..diagonal upline of account value..If you like testing..

Simba

Strategy Tester Report

MultixpMAEAV1[1].0.0

Period 4 Hours (H4) 2005.10.28 00:00 - 2007.02.06 00:00 (1970.01.01 - 2007.02.06)

Model Control points (based on the nearest less timeframe with fractal interpolation of 12 control points)

Parameters xpmafile="xpma.csv"; Order_Setting="---------- Order Setting"; OneEntryPerBar=false; ReverseTradesOnly=false; StopLoss=1000; TakeProfit=1000; BreakEvenAfterPips=40; Slippage=5; MaxOpenTrade=1; MinPriceDistance=5; TrailingStop_Setting="---------- Trail Management Settings"; TrailingStopType=1; TrailingStop=0; Moving_Average_Setting="---------- MA close Settings"; CloseMA=0; RSI_Settings="---------- RSI Filter Settings"; UseRSIfilter=false; RSIPeriod=21; RSIPrice=1; RSIBUYthreshold=50; RSISELLthreshold=50; CCI_Settings="---------- CCI Filter Settings"; UseCCIfilter=false; CCIPeriod=21; CCIPrice=1; CCIBUYthreshold=50; CCISELLthreshold=-50; Volume_Settings="---------- Volume Filter Settings"; UseVolumeFilter=false; VolumeRange=1; VolumeThreshold=7; Time_Parameters="---------- EA Active Time"; UseHourTrade=false; StartHour=0; EndHour=11; MM_Parameters="---------- Money Management"; Lots=5; MM=false; AccountIsMicro=false; DecreaseFactor=0; Risk=10; Alert_Setting="---------- Alert Setting"; EnableAlert=true; EmailAlert=false; SoundFilename="alert.wav"; Testing_Parameters="---------- Back Test Parameter"; PrintControl=true; Show_Settings=true;

Bars in test 2069 Ticks modelled 28848 Modelling quality 30.91%

Initial deposit 50000.00

Total net profit 111449.06 Gross profit 481403.18 Gross loss -369954.12

Profit factor 1.30 Expected payoff 230.74

Absolute drawdown 25732.45 Maximal drawdown 46799.26 (65.85%) Relative drawdown 65.85% (46799.26)

Total trades 483 Short positions (won %) 246 (50.81%) Long positions (won %) 237 (54.43%)

Profit trades (% of total) 254 (52.59%) Loss trades (% of total) 229 (47.41%)

Largest profit trade 19820.40 loss trade -9803.70

Average profit trade 1895.29 loss trade -1615.52

Maximum consecutive wins (profit in money) 8 (34768.60) consecutive losses (loss in money) 7 (-17279.60)

Maximal consecutive profit (count of wins) 34768.60 (8) consecutive loss (count of losses) -17279.60 (7)

Files:

Jma 13 On Daily Basis,excellent

Hi all,and specially Ericbach,

Please take a look at the results of JMA 13 on a daily tf..impressive,better than 4h(profit factor is 50% higher ) and that SATL/FATL daily..test from 24/aug/99 to 05/feb/07

Simba

Strategy Tester Report

MultixpMAEAV1[1].0.0

Period Daily (D1) 1999.08.24 00:00 - 2007.02.06 00:00 (1970.01.01 - 2007.02.06)

Bars in test 2052 Ticks modelled 31164 Modelling quality 28.03%

Initial deposit 50000.00

Total net profit 669920.51 Gross profit 1377547.03 Gross loss -707626.53

Profit factor 1.95 Expected payoff 791.87

Absolute drawdown 486.86 Maximal drawdown 59023.72 (11.80%) Relative drawdown 29.70% (32764.58)

Total trades 846 Short positions (won %) 431 (48.72%) Long positions (won %) 415 (47.71%)

Profit trades (% of total) 408 (48.23%) Loss trades (% of total) 438 (51.77%)

Largest profit trade 49911.18 loss trade -20144.41

Average profit trade 3376.34 loss trade -1615.59

Maximum consecutive wins (profit in money) 7 (34716.84) consecutive losses (loss in money) 10 (-207.25)

Maximal consecutive profit (count of wins) 74998.34 (5) consecutive loss (count of losses) -27657.33 (6)

Files:

Hi SIMBA and thank you very much for sharing this system.

I took the attached trade today and although very profitable, I would just like to clarify this:

Williams was over -5% and coming down. SATL was in sell (red). This would make it a correct trade as per the rules.

The fact that the chandelier stops are in buy means that the trade is riskier than it would have been with chandelier stops in sell. So, the decision was no longer "mechanical", but the signal was still valid for trade, right?

Files:
gbp-usd.gif  12 kb
Reason: