Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 87

Goblin Fibo 1.2 Hedge

This is my quick experiment with David's hedge.

I used GoblinFibo 1.2 with default settings. MaxTrades=13 to see max progression with this technique before the account blows. (if it blows).

Only change is FiboProgression=0.

Now we need news...

Starting balance: $5000

Pairs: GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY

Timeframe: H1

Broker: IBFX

set file in the zip

In a ranging market this type of EA will do very well - the purpose of your testing should be to find out how it copes in a one way move of say 200 pips or a long trend. If you find that the EA handles a trend well then you may have found the Holy Grail!

I eliminated the ability of the EA to trade both ways in "mild trend" and only trades in direction of "strong trend" SOMEWHAT... My focus is eliminating the trades against the STRONG trend, thats what kills you. I am also looking at shorter timeframes. Lastly, I wouldn't profess that one day means absolutely anything other than it did well today.. long term survivability of martingale based EAs possibly could be the holy grail but only with months and months of testing.. and that is what I am doing.

Pluto, how do you think Goblin will work with a 15M TF?

(Just joking about the Pluto bit)

xxDavidxSxx:
heres forward test from the 11th of Dec.

equity went up and was near the balance so I closed all trades and am starting fresh no open orders.

so far great results with buy only and sell only settings.

Dave

here is the result of starting fresh from 7920$ (post #790)

I now have equity of 9110$

so thats 1190$ locked in profits in the past 3 days.

Dave

Files:

Goblin Fibo 1.2 Hedge part 2

This is continuation from post #866.

Equity up from 6 555.96 to 7 199.29.

David,

What settings are you currently using ?

You guys are brightening up my Holiday! Thanks!

- - - -

Double Thanks to xxDavidxSxx for sharing the concept!

tomstaufer:
This is continuation from post #866.

Equity up from 6 555.96 to 7 199.29.

David,

What settings are you currently using ?

30 profit

no s/l

pips 8

max trades 4

no protection

xxDavidxSxx:
30 profit

no s/l

pips 8

max trades 4

no protection

are you sure no protection? what happen if euro go up 300 pip without retracing? does the buy orders keep entering?

abrs70:
are you sure no protection? what happen if euro go up 300 pip without retracing? does the buy orders keep entering?

its happened durring forward test.

it makes money while going in that direction. I keep an eye on equity. When equity is 1-3k above starting point I'll close all open orders and start fresh.

xxDavidxSxx:
its happened durring forward test. it makes money while going in that direction. I keep an eye on equity. When equity is 1-3k above starting point I'll close all open orders and start fresh.

are you running on all 4 majors? what is your starting capital?

Reason: