Std Deviation - page 5

mladen:
Was looking for some calculations and when I did not find those for metatrader...

Now, this is made as an indicator but it is rather a tool for calculating certain values for arrays than an indicator

I could not think of a better name for it than deviations (based on the majority of work it does:))

Parameters are simple except maybe for the modeparameter

Modeparameter values :
0 - A simple moving average (nothing else )

1 - variance (Variance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

2 - average (absolute) deviation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_deviation

3 - standard deviation (Standard deviation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

4 - skewness (Skewness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

5 - kurtosis (Kurtosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

______________________ As I told, as I could not think of a better name for this and also I did not find a better thread to post it to.

kurtosis and skewness sounds like a disease hahahahahahaa

lover:
kurtosis and skewness sounds like a disease hahahahahahaa

They may sound like that but they far from that. You can find additional info on all of them for what and how they can be used in forex too

Coincidentally was just reading wiki on moments so here is a good starter read for anyone interested:

Moment (mathematics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

Linuxser:
Man:

YOU are saying the Standar Deviation is the best indicator.

THEN YOU said: you only need this indicator not 2, 3 or 5, not RSI, not ADX.

And then YOU request settings and some help about how to use it?

Something is wrong here.

What are you smoking? can you give some? seems to be good.

hehehe thats funny

It seems that standard deviation is a widely misunderstood indicator. Here is one book (a short one) that might clarify some of those misunderstandings (worth reading since it is not using complicated math) and also clarify what can standard deviation be used for

mladen:
It seems that standard deviation is a widely misunderstood indicator. Here is one book (a short one) that might clarify some of those misunderstandings (worth reading since it is not using complicated math) and also clarify what can standard deviation be used for

thank you

morro:
thank you

It really would be good that people first read of some stuff they are planing to use in trading otherwise big errors can be made simply because of a lack of information what is used as an indicator in trading. And it is not just standard deviation that is misunderstood : almost all indicators that are not to be used in signaling mode seem to be used the wrong way

Agree

Lack of correct information is probably No1 killer of accounts

Hi,

An rare and interesting paper debating the existence of the fourth moments, contrary to public belief but in line with a recent increasingly popular view. Makes for a nice read regardless of one's current view

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

Files:

Hi,

An interesting site for very simple layman explanation of the usual statistical elements. Cant be any more simply-worded perhaps. Good for leisure reading/entertainment.

Exponents: Now You're Playing With Power | Have Math In Your Path

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

Reason: