MagicRSI - page 3

Won't open any trade

Hi I'm newbie. Rightnow foward testing MagicRSI4 on demo mini acc since 11.00 am GMT. Using default setting TF H1, usdjpy, gbpusd,eurusd and usdchf chart. Lots 0.1, ItakeProfit 200, sTakeProfit 200. But never open trade until now . I'm wonder why?

Here is the code so far that produced the results in the last posting i did. Currently i had a few personal requests on the code which we are also kind of working on.

You will notice in the code the lot increase and the OneOrderPerBar is turned off for now since neither is working how we want it to.

Lot increase does work very well by increasing the lots size based on the Account balance. Issue is the Profit code does not match up and will become and issue as the balance grows. Profit = $ (Example; Profit = 90 or $90 close trade for profit)

Still working the issue though so no worries.

So far finding best results on EURUSD H4...works on other pairs but Ratio and SL have to be optimized for them.

Spider~

**Please see posting #25 for code**

Here is an updated code for you all. I took some values and made them variables so you can adjust the lvls as to when Buys and Sells are placed along with the RSI period. I Optimized it out again for the H4 EURUSD using the data from Alpari Data Bank. If you use MT4 v198 data you will most likely get the results below. If you use MT4 v200 you will get very different results. So please use personal choice and decision on this.

I also doubled checked over the trades that closed out that lasted only for less than a minute, which all happened during mostly news times and quick movements. With some of my live EAs ive seen this take place so it is possiable for that to happen.

Spider~

**Please see posting #25 for code**

Files:

Currently this EA is only Optimized for the;

EURUSD H4.

Other pairs will for sure not work well unless they are also optimized, which helping optimizing them would be very helpful.

For now please only use this version posted here. (MagicRSI 3)

*MagicRSI 3

Optimized currently for;

EURUSD H4

USDJPY H4 (Still needs some work)

For ppl that know RSI and Stoch pretty good i would recommend Optimizing; (MagicRSI 4).

MagicRSI 4 might be the safer one if someone can get the Stoch and RSI to work well with eachother.

PS. The Take Profit is set to "2000" since "Profit" code will be closing out the trade.

Example of Profit code;

1 Lot = $10 per pip.

Profit = 90 ($90 or 9 pips to close on profit.)

If adjusted;

0.1 lot = $1 per pip

Profit = 9 ($9 or 9 pips to close on profit.)

For now i know its a little confusing but im working on it to make it easier.

Thanks!

Spider~

PS. For "MagicRSI 3" i used the "Phoenix EA" Preferred Settings code to hard code mutiple Currency Pairs with different settings. This is cause all pairs will have very different settings.

Files:

alpin:
Hi I'm newbie. Rightnow foward testing MagicRSI4 on demo mini acc since 11.00 am GMT. Using default setting TF H1, usdjpy, gbpusd,eurusd and usdchf chart. Lots 0.1, ItakeProfit 200, sTakeProfit 200. But never open trade until now . I'm wonder why?

Hi Alpin,

MagicRSI 4 is not setup currently for anything else other than the EURUSD 4H TF. It still needs alot of work to get all the settings right since it involves both Stoch and RSI requirments to open trades.

Please refer to posting #25 for more understanding of the current code.

Thanks!

Spider~

I added a simple MoneyManagement routine to MagicRSI 3. I optimized settings for eurusd and backtested Aug 1 to Nov 20. New settings on top of results file attached.

extern bool UseMM = 1; // 1 = true & 0 = false

extern double Risk = 15; // percent of account equity to risk per trade

// ====== Money Management of Lot Size routine ======

if(UseMM) {Lots=AccountEquity()* Risk/100/1000;

if( Lots>0.1) Lots=NormalizeDouble(Lots,1); else Lots=NormalizeDouble(Lots,2);}

FXDD MT4 platform

Deposit 20,000

Profit 42,158.88

MD 16.52%

Wins 153 - Loses 6

Wackena

Kalenzo:
How do u like that:

No loose trade in the period of 2 years, NONE!

Just turn SL off...

I tried to backtest this EA the same as your posted EA and date range. I used a FXDD MT4 Strategy Tester.

I also got good results, but over 2 times more trades and had several loses.

Chart H1

Deposit 10,000

Date range - 23/06/2004 to 17/11/2006.

Profit - 33,811.52

Wins 622 - Loses 81

Wackena

Wackena:
I tried to backtest this EA the same as your posted EA and date range. I used a FXDD MT4 Strategy Tester.

I also got good results, but over 2 times more trades and had several loses.

Chart H1

Deposit 10,000

Date range - 23/06/2004 to 17/11/2006.

Profit - 33,811.52

Wins 622 - Loses 81

Wackena

This seems more realistic

Thanks for the update on the MM and the backtest run of the MagicRSI 4 Wackena.

MagicRSI 4 is still a very touchy one that i haven't got to yet but i will over the holiday break.

Right now though i have been going over the current MagicRSI 3 and trying to find more ways to squeeze profit and better calls out of it. Me and some friends have a few ideas on some updates that we will try tonight but nothing drastic since we want to stay near the origin of the code base.

At this time i have just one main demo account testing out 3 different kinds of MagicRSI Mods. So far it shows good results although this week will be very hard to see since the market is very quiet. I also have the MagicRSI 3 that i posted on my live account which has made 2 trades so far. One profitable and one still in float which was opened up today. We will see how things go over the next couple weeks.

Spider~

Spider4896:
Thanks for the update on the MM and the backtest run of the MagicRSI 4 Wackena.

MagicRSI 4 is still a very touchy one that i haven't got to yet but i will over the holiday break.

Right now though i have been going over the current MagicRSI 3 and trying to find more ways to squeeze profit and better calls out of it. Me and some friends have a few ideas on some updates that we will try tonight but nothing drastic since we want to stay near the origin of the code base.

At this time i have just one main demo account testing out 3 different kinds of MagicRSI Mods. So far it shows good results although this week will be very hard to see since the market is very quiet. I also have the MagicRSI 3 that i posted on my live account which has made 2 trades so far. One profitable and one still in float which was opened up today. We will see how things go over the next couple weeks.

Spider~

Spider~

With same settings that made good profit on MagicRSI 3, I backtested lower initial deposit sizes and was surprise that this had big effect on number of trades. At $ 3,000 deposit and same date range, below are results:

Lot Size

0.1 - 3 trades - no profit

0.2 - 5 trades - no profit

0.3 - 9 trades - 1,368.69 profit

0.4 - 13 trades - 1,211.06 profit

0.5 - 20 trades - 2,709.22 profit

1.0 - 30 trades - 3,309.55 profit

2.0 - 71 trades - 21,702.51 profit

3.0 - 0 trades - error - not enough money

Wackena

Reason: