MagicRSI - page 6

i have test with v5 a little bit.

is there an argument against increasing buyordermax and sellordermax to 2?

it seems like the v5 version also run great on 4h.

without MM the number of trades are the same in one timeperiod (like 2006-01-01 - 2006-10-31), it looks like it is more stable when u disable lotincrease.

these are my settings that i would try now on 4h chart (v5):

Files:

crazy_forex:
Thank you for the fast reply spider,

Maybe u can do some thing like in Phoenix EA, using MM and

Lots = 1;

MaximumRisk = 0.3;

DecreaseFactor = 3;

MM = true / false ;

AccountIsMicro = True / false;

hope u can look into this thing.

What do u think about the 5M time frame ?

i think this EA have great potential with better money management control.

I will test other currency pair also , let the u all know the result later.

cheers

CF

Sounds like a plan. I will take a look into tonight to see what i can do. As far the 5M....Overall in truth, all results should be the same since everything is based on the RSI which is hard coded to 1H TF. But thats just my personal thoughts. This means we could run MagicRSI on 1M TF and you could run on D1 but we would get all the same reuslts in the end.

But we will see as we post reuslts.

Thanks!

Spider~

baggermatsch:
i have test with v5 a little bit.

is there an argument against increasing buyordermax and sellordermax to 2?

it seems like the v5 version also run great on 4h.

without MM the number of trades are the same in one timeperiod (like 2006-01-01 - 2006-10-31), it looks like it is more stable when u disable lotincrease.

these are my settings that i would try now on 4h chart (v5):

Actually there is really nothing wrong with increasing the MaxOrders. There will be little to no spacing between the orders though at this time. (One of the items i am working on) So basically if you were to use a lot size of 0.5 with a maxorder of 2, your basically using 1 full lot for the same trade almost. Thats all, but personal choice again.

Yes i have to agree with you on the lot increase. It is more stable without it set to false. Im sure we can fix that though with an easy change.

Thanks!

Spider~

If you attached the RSI indicator to a chart, unless that chart is H1, the values from the indicator will not be right. Below is a Comment line that can be used to show present RSI value and BLVL-SLVL set points in v3. The comment info will appear in upper left chart corner.

Comment("iRSI = ",diRSI0,"\nBLVL = ",BLVL," === ","SLVL= ",SLVL);[/CODE]

V5 variable names are BuyRSI & SellRSI.

[CODE]Comment("iRSI = ",diRSI0,"\nBuyRSI = ",BuyRSI," === ","SellRSI = ",SellRSI);

Wackena

Thanks Wackena for the info. I will place that comment into the code this week for everyone.

Spider~

wee spider have you MSN messenger?

Bigger TF less trades?

I'm running v.3 in 2 demo acc, one using H4 TF the other using M5 TF. Rightnow M5 already open trade still floating with 5pips profit but H4 haven't open anything, it's already 10 minutes since open order. How can it be? The RSI is already hard coded with H1 TF right? So it's suppose to open the same trade even if we running with different TF. I wonder why? Would somebody explain it to me?

alpin:
I'm running v.3 in 2 demo acc, one using H4 TF the other using M5 TF. Rightnow M5 already open trade still floating with 5pips profit but H4 haven't open anything, it's already 10 minutes since open order. How can it be? The RSI is already hard coded with H1 TF right? So it's suppose to open the same trade even if we running with different TF. I wonder why? Would somebody explain it to me?

Well as Wackena found, the RSI does appear differently based on TF that we use for the code regardless of the hard coded TF of 1H. It various by just a little enough to make a different betweeen TF that we set the MagicRSI on. That is probably why we see different results on the backtests. Why, not fully sure myself but knowing this it can help us test MagicRSI out.

Spider~

Spider4896:
Well as Wackena found, the RSI does appear differently based on TF that we use for the code regardless of the hard coded TF of 1H. It various by just a little enough to make a different betweeen TF that we set the MagicRSI on. That is probably why we see different results on the backtests. Why, not fully sure myself but knowing this it can help us test MagicRSI out. Spider~

On different TimeFrames, the RSI value remains the same. I don't know why yet and it doesn't make sense, but the EA processes the RSI value different on different timeframes.

MagicRSI v5

TF - Profit - Trades - MD% - Wins - Loses

D1 - 18,928.00 - 67 - 37.70 - 36 - 31

H4 - 4,834.62 - 72 - 40.46 - 41 - 31

H1 - 1,008.49 - 74 - 51.53 - 40 - 34

M30 - 1,008.49 - 74 - 51.53 - 40 - 34

M15 - 1,008.02 - 72 - 50.57 - 40 - 31

M5 - 296.61 - 53 - 45.39 - 31 -22

M1 - 2,972.63 - 36 - 40.51 - 21 - 15

I don't see this as a problem, just a curious mystery.

Wackena

Demo Update

Here is my current demo status of MagicRSI v3 + v5.

*Again..Please ignore the small lot trades since they dealt with another EA i have since then turned off.

*Also, i closed out on one of the MagicRSI trades a little early which shows $40+ profit. This was due to me updating the code a little to match the posted v5 version.

Spider~

Reason: