Phreaky Phorex Successful Manual EA Needs Coding Experts - page 12

Hey I have a question. I think I broke my computer. I was making changes to the backtesting Metatrader file and now it won't initiate trades on the EA. It say successfully loaded in the Journal but it won't initiate positions. The indicators and the EA are both compiled and saved in the right folder. All settings are correct. Ideas?

Maji:
Here is the corrected DEMA, Vidya and the EA, I hope. Does it work properly now?

Yah, the charts match up for the most part. The entry point is 1 bar(5mins) off from the cross point. That's because "Current" is set to 1 and that's how it should be, correct?

However the results are pretty much the same as the last results i posted. The sideways market is killing its performance.

Jarcrocker,

I had a similiar problem.

I restarted mt4, If that doesn't do it, close every window, indicator and EA running (if any), close mt4, then restart it, and try again.

Better to post some screen shots about bad trades and ask Phreak take a look.

AdamDuritz99:
Yah, the charts match up for the most part. The entry point is 1 bar(5mins) off from the cross point. That's because "Current" is set to 1 and that's how it should be, correct? However the results are pretty much the same as the last results i posted. The sideways market is killing its performance.

Tross:
Jarcrocker,

I had a similiar problem.

I restarted mt4, If that doesn't do it, close every window, indicator and EA running (if any), close mt4, then restart it, and try again.

Thanks Tross

Closed all windows within and restarted twice. It will still read the EA and run the backtest but no positions opened. Report read zero!!! Any other ideas!!! I'm stumped.

Comparing Dema and Tema;

Tema with a period of 35 and Dema with a period of 25;

Tema seems to overcorrect, while Dema seems to follow the price closer.

I don't see huge differences, just wanted to mention it. I will stick with Maji's version atm, just because it is running Dema.

Both Vidya appear identical visually from chart to chart.

Thoughts about straight line, sideways.

I know the method does not call for any other filter before initiating trades. What I think is;

lines cross

check back 4 bars (could be 3 or 5 bars, external)

if difference between lines is greater than 10 pips then initiate trade

if difference is less than 10 pips then ignore and wait for next cross

I can't write that code (atm), and some of you are so much quicker at it than me!

Could enable it as an option, and then how many bars back you check is a variable also.

Phreak on!

Jarcrocker,

I seem to recall this happening when I had 1st trade set to a value to low.

It was so low, that by the time you added slippage and whatever else it could not buy/sell the pair in time.

Do you have your first,second or third "take profit" set very low ?

Maybe some other variables that are at extreme values ?

regards

AdamDuritz99:
Here's a fine example.

Hi:

On what timframe do you test it ?

And what is the sugested timeframe for this system ?

Thanks to all

sounds good tross....you guys are amazing......and fast!!! keep on phreaking

GP2X:
Better to post some screen shots about bad trades and ask Phreak take a look.

Here's a fine example.

Using Maji's latest version.

Files:
Reason: