Triangular Arbitrage - page 6

On interbank mt4 ,default setting ,standard account ,10000 deposit,and no trades yet,

is something wrong or it wait for some conditions to happen and then trigger the orders .

retsel:
Yep, hard to miss. Real nasty! I have loaded the EA onto a demo account, results will be at System triangularArbitrage | Myfxbook

Do you know what the trade time setting is used for in this EA?

adubasu:
Do you know what the trade time setting is used for in this EA?

The TriangularArbitrage.mq4 (from post 46) EA uses the 4 hour periodicity, regardless of what you have your chart periodicity is set too. So set you chart to 4 hour.

Poruchik,

I'm a fairly new (9 months) 4X trader (no other trading or investing experience) who discovered the 3-pair hedge strategy about 2 weeks ago. The fact that I understand this concept proves how far I've come since my first visit to this and similar forums.

To produce those 3 different detailed statement results for EURUSD Daily, EURCHF Daily, and USDCHF Daily, did you run that EA on 3 different accounts, each named for one of those 3 currency symbols?

Have you run this EA on any other currency "rings"? If so, did "the oddball in the ring" (e.g, EURCHF is in the EURUSD and USDCHF ring) also have results as profitable as EURCHF's?

Because EURUSD and USDCHF have the largest negative correlation, is this the most profitable ring to triangularly hedge? Are other rings as good or better, and if so, why?

EURCHF's charts are so much more "tame" than EURUSD and USDCHF charts. It makes me think I should trade only the oddball" in each 3-pair hedge ring. But then I look at my charts (see attached .jpg) and I see that EURCHF is often trending strong in the same direction as EURUSD or USDCHF, a "high probability" 3-pair hedge trade would be to buy (or sell) the 2 that are trending in the same direction, and sell (or buy) whatever "the oddball" happens to be at the time.

I appreciate you and anyone else here helping me understand this better.

A belated Happy & VERY PIPS-erous 2010 to all forum members!

Files:

A quick warning

I have been running the TriangularArbitrage.mq4 on a demo account for the last month (a link to the results is in post #50 of this thread) and it has run very nicely. At this point you would think that I would have a good look at the code before putting it on a live account, but no, I didn't.

Anyhow, things went very badly very quickly, it seems that this EA does not work with any other active trades on the account.

In short this EA does not use Magic numbers, it uses AccountProfit() for calculating exists, and uses OrdersTotal() to base a number of criteria on.

On a final note, I would seriously think about changing the stoploss setting. Currently set to AccountProfit() <= (-(AccountBalance() * DollarTargetAmount / 100.0).

Have fun.

Hi, eurekafx!

in attach e-book " Trade triangles" (russion)

good luck

Files:

Thanks, poruchik!

I appreciate your posting that, and will explore it asap.

All the best,

EurekaFX

hi

wolfe:
Are you placing the Buy Market, and Sell Market at the same time? Do you wait for any favorable conditions before placing the first 2 orders?

When placing the Buylimit order, how are you determining where XX pips below current price should be?

A little confused.

hi may i know ho to calculate size in triangular arb plz

eurekafx:
Poruchik,

I'm a fairly new (9 months) 4X trader (no other trading or investing experience) who discovered the 3-pair hedge strategy about 2 weeks ago. The fact that I understand this concept proves how far I've come since my first visit to this and similar forums.

To produce those 3 different detailed statement results for EURUSD Daily, EURCHF Daily, and USDCHF Daily, did you run that EA on 3 different accounts, each named for one of those 3 currency symbols?

Have you run this EA on any other currency "rings"? If so, did "the oddball in the ring" (e.g, EURCHF is in the EURUSD and USDCHF ring) also have results as profitable as EURCHF's?

Because EURUSD and USDCHF have the largest negative correlation, is this the most profitable ring to triangularly hedge? Are other rings as good or better, and if so, why?

EURCHF's charts are so much more "tame" than EURUSD and USDCHF charts. It makes me think I should trade only the oddball" in each 3-pair hedge ring. But then I look at my charts (see attached .jpg) and I see that EURCHF is often trending strong in the same direction as EURUSD or USDCHF, a "high probability" 3-pair hedge trade would be to buy (or sell) the 2 that are trending in the same direction, and sell (or buy) whatever "the oddball" happens to be at the time.

I appreciate you and anyone else here helping me understand this better.

A belated Happy & VERY PIPS-erous 2010 to all forum members!

What Is the indicator of the pic ?

Thnaks.

Reason: