The most banal trading strategy - page 5

If you remove the lock, the strategy degenerates into the following one:

at any point we mark a level and specify an initial Take and Stop (they aren't set, they are simply variables), we don't open positions; if the market moves further to the level of the initial Stop Loss, we open a position in the direction of offsetting from the initial level, with Take equal to the difference between the initial Take and the initial Stop (we subtract from Take the locked Profit).

If think about it this strategy does not differ much from trading using wipers. They also open in the direction of movement with a delay.

The only difference is the absence of jitter.

Совершение сделок - Торговые операции - MetaTrader 5
Совершение сделок - Торговые операции - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Торговая деятельность в платформе связана с формированием и отсылкой рыночных и отложенных ордеров для исполнения брокером, а также с управлением текущими позициями путем их модификации или закрытия. Платформа позволяет удобно просматривать торговую историю на счете, настраивать оповещения о событиях на рынке и многое другое. Открытие позиций...

mikhael1983isakov:
It will fluctuate within small limits of errors in rounding of quotes and non-ideality of the market within a fraction of spread, but statistically, of course, it will not go anywhere.

What makes you so sure that, "it won't float anywhere"? If the market is going to flat out? The results of the flat will accumulate in the strategy's moneybox. And the limited number of orders, a strong deposit, and a small lot will be a guarantee against a loss. By choosing the optimal TP on the history, we can estimate the risk of losses caused by large movements and the benefit from the flat.

Veniamin Skrepkov:

I agree that understanding the movement is the basis, I pointed out"i.e. there are some indicative prerequisites for the trend resumption", the author (branch) didn't specify what the decision to open a position is based on, i.e. we need external signal parameters, and so "help" by imagination.

There may be some variants:

1. We have two Expert Advisors, one for the trend strategy and another one for the counter-trend strategy, whose parameters are optimized for the corresponding strategies with the same magic numbers.

2. the same with different Magicians in which case the position that was closed is replaced with the position that has random Sell or Buy status.

3. и 4. I.1 and 2. 1 and 2, but the Expert Advisors work with the same period of history analysis.

In all cases, a position with a permanent lock is not guaranteed. The main thing is to catch the benefit of market chattering within certain limits in the flat state. The limit is determined by optimisation over the entire instrument history.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

What makes you so sure that, "it won't go anywhere"? If the market is going to flat out? The results of the flat will accumulate in the strategy's moneybox. And the limited number of orders, a strong deposit, and a small lot will be a guarantee against a loss. By choosing the optimal TP on the history, we can estimate the risk of losses from large movements and benefits from the flat.

Because he writes about his Carry Trade strategy. By this strategy it is supposedly possible to open a ring of five currency pairs, the total swap of which will allow to earn in the long term trading mode. And it absolutely does not matter what happens in the market. It may be flat or trending. All positions are fully locked in.

But unfortunately, the man says A, but doesn't say B. Judging by what positions with a positive swap can in principle be opened, this strategy (the absolute grail) is in his imagination.

Leon:

And how?

I just don't have the need to sit in trades for months and years, there are more profitable strategies.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

What makes you so sure that, "it's not going anywhere"?

Because that's what differential calculus says, written out in detail in pencil on a piece of paper.

Boris Gulikov:

the man has said A, but does not say B. Judging by what positions with a positive swap can in principle be opened, this strategy (the absolute grail) is in his imagination.

I have said enough for those with a brain and desire to repeat it. In addition, except that I can advise you firstly to imagine a EURGBP trade by a pair of EURUSD and GBPUSD trades the way it is in reality (in particular, taking into account a pips value of quoted currency, and also with correct coefficients before EURUSD and GBPUSD trades, good for each individual trade (opened at a known time at known EUR, GBP, USD ratios) they are constant, i.e. do not change further in time), instead of how the crowd imagines. Further, you can break each summand in two, for example EURUSD will be presented by a pair of deals on EURCHF and USDCHF, and repeat this as long as you like, representing an initial deal on EURGBP by a dozen or two dozen deals on other currency pairs. Similarly, a ring with a positive total swap can also be constructed. Of course, it is not a grail, because in my opinion, the profitability is not high enough. However, for 90+% of traders who fail it is in some sense almost a grail, because it has better results than their, so to speak, trading strategy (not only it does not fail, but it also slowly earns).

mikhael1983isakov:
I just don't need to sit in trades for months and years, there are more profitable strategies.

So do it, and look at least for a week, if your zero is either positive or negative, and with swaps too, try to make it positive!

mikhael1983isakov:

Because that's what differential calculus says, written out in detail in pencil on a piece of paper.

The tester can show you the truth on the monitor)

Leon:

So do it, and see if your zero is either in the plus or minus for at least a week, and with swaps too, try to make it in the plus!

What are you talking about? Do not listen to your sick fantasies.
Reason: