Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 21

Phoenix Booster 2_2 (1 day Statement)

The result is not good at all for the first day! All trades are loss!!!

Losses are a part of trading, view them as the price of admission to the trading arena and they won't bother you as much. cheers

fikko:
The result is not good at all for the first day! All trades are loss!!!

reliability of tester??

still trying to understand tester reliability

Backtest of Phoenix_4_CONTEST version from championship for period Oct 02-Oct 13

is tracking championship statement only for first 4 trades.After that tester shows the trade in opposite direction than championship statement.

Does anybody know how we can rely on tester at all or brokers changed some data feed to championship??

I am using alpari data in offline mode for mine

Hi Hendrick,

I trust on Phoenix to win

Excellent job!

I am one question. Can you how modify this EA for futures - NDDEC6 nasdaq or S&P contracts SPDEC6?

Thanx

Recap experiment Booster

Well, I don't know about your results with Booster, but those of mine were not very promising. It also makes no sense in my opinion to open four trades that are correlated: they could go all against you so to me this looks more like gambling.

For the time being I will concentrate on the further development of Phoenix 4.2 and put Booster on the shelf (unless you guys have ideas how to improve it).

Nevertheless I think the concept of currency correlation can be used in Phoenix 4.2. This is my idea: if there's a BUY/SELL signal for a pair, the EA will first check if there any open trades for pairs that have a strong correlation with the pair where you get the signal for. If so the signal is not valid. Another option is to look how the open correlated trade is doing: is it loosing or is it in profit. Based on that a decision can be made to open the new trade or not.

Let' stick for the moment to the first option: don't trade if a strongly correlated trade is open. For those of you, who had tested Phoenix for a longer time: in your Account History you can see if this makes sense or not. I would be most grateful if some of you could check this and report it back to this forum.

You can use this summary. First column is the pair where you get BUY/SELL signal for and the second column are the pairs that are strongly correlated to the first pair. So if you get a BUY/SELL signal for the EURUSD and there is an open trade for the USDCHF or USDCAD then the signal is not valid:

EURUSD USDCHF, USDCAD

USDJPY GBPUSD, EURCHF, GBPJPY

USDCHF EURUSD, GBPJPY

USDCAD EURUSD

AUDUSD GBPUSD

EURJPY GBPUSD, EURCHF

GBPUSD USDJPY, EURCHF, GBPJPY

EURCHF USDJPY, GBPUSD, EURJPY, GBPJPY

CHFJPY EURCHF

EURGBP EURJPY

sourour:
why is all my booster result is loosing??? do i have a problem???

Hi Sourour!

Booster is just an experiment! read my last post!

Hi!!

I have Phoenix_EA_v4_2_03 running on GBPUSD, 15M; USDCHF, 15M and USDJPY, 15M.

It bought USDJPY at 119,14 yesterday and it is still on. Today it has only sold USDCHF@ 1,2686 and closed it at 1,2644. But it has not traded cable and cable has gone up 128 pips.

What about you?

SF

fikko:
Hi Hendrick,

I see the expert of Rich is using amount more than 5 lots at one chance. He has another thinking to avoid 5 lots maximum per trade by splitting the trade. So he can trade maximum 15 lots!

I guess Phoenix can't chase him, because he found the hole to play with.

But in real life. I trust on Phoenix to win

Next year championship, do not forget to split the trade into 100 trades..

Excellent job!!

You're right Fikko! Wish I found that hole earlier. Well, it's still a long time to go till the end of the contest. Let's wait and see!

frantacech:
Hi Hendrick,

I trust on Phoenix to win

Excellent job!

I am one question. Can you how modify this EA for futures - NDDEC6 nasdaq or S&P contracts SPDEC6?

Thanx

Hi,

No, that's beyond my power!

Recap Phoenix 4.2

Still going strong and it will be better in the future!!

Very profitable: GBPJPY

Profitable: USDJPY

Can become profitable: USDCHF:

Newcomer: EURUSD (with the new settings it's performing a lot better!).

For all the other pairs: Their "secret settings" will be discovered!

Reason: