HedgeEA - page 57

avi
avi  
bodshyipmonitor:
i am down 50%. i got a GBPJPY which i long at 239. currently down 700pips. anybody got any idea it will go back to 236 or 237? is 232 the support or will it go down somemore?

there is not way to know, after the price got to 240 lot of carry trades tack the profit , the question is when it's going to stop , we should wait and see.

fundamentals are still for buying the GBP AND SELL YEN (the interest differential)

so it would tack time but the all get back again, in the mean time what we should focus on is to how we not get margin call, so if you got money fund your accounts.

if you don't have money - when you near to get margin call try sell 10% from your position if the price is still dropping sell another 10% , this way we will go trough this rocky times.

don't forget in the mean time we collect interest , i use low margin and now i place MICRO LOT orders when the GBPCHF AND GBPYEN DROP 100-200 PIPS, so in the way up i will benefit from it to.

hang on guys , it could tack some time and it could correct soon no way to know.

Stephen Wilson
Stephen Wilson  

Don't Try Backtests

lbx9527:
I'm trying to do backtests,

but the Journal say: "HedgeEA_v6.1 GBPUSD,H1: zero divide" .

I don't know what is "zero divide" means. my data is integrated.

can you help me? thanks

leon

Leon,

I don't think this will work at all with backtesting. Reason is that it is using prices from 2 currency pairs and backtesting is only attached to 1 chart. That would probably explain why you are getting the error. It is trying to divide one symbol price by zero.

You need to attach it to your demo chart and forward test it.

All the best...

lbx9527
lbx9527  
sbwent:
Leon,

I don't think this will work at all with backtesting. Reason is that it is using prices from 2 currency pairs and backtesting is only attached to 1 chart. That would probably explain why you are getting the error. It is trying to divide one symbol price by zero.

You need to attach it to your demo chart and forward test it.

All the best...

thank you for your answer

i think i find what the error is

leon

frederic Whitlock
frederic Whitlock  

started testing today question

Help please someone

I have just started the test it has just bought chf/jpy and sold gbp/jpy is that correct they are both going up like mad??

cturner
cturner  
frederic:
Help please someone I have just started the test it has just bought chf/jpy and sold gbp/jpy is that correct they are both going up like mad??

unless strategy has changed, i think u have your trades backwards. buy gbpjpy sell chfjpy. have not posted here in a while so i could be wrong. but swap build up my way.

adamk
adamk  

I also get ZERO DIVIDE

Hi Everyone,

What a great forum and EA. I ran the latest version 6.1 of this EA and also got the zero divide error. I tried it on a standard and mini demo with a fresh install of IBFX and Crown FX since I thought it may be a broker difference. Nope. All the settings were default except AccountIsMicro=False, EmailReport is True and Risk=5. Here is the trace. Anything come to mind?

15:46:46 HedgeEA_v6.1 GBPUSD,H4: loaded successfully

15:47:24 HedgeEA_v6.1 GBPUSD,H4 inputs: eaname="HedgeEA_v6.1"; Magic=1000; StopManageAcc=false; Autotrade=true; DisplayValues=true; AccountIsMicro=false; MoneyManagement=true; UsePips=false; UseSwap=true; Symbol1="GBPJPY"; Symbol1isLong=true; Symbol2="CHFJPY"; Symbol2isLong=false; Lotsizes="Set Ratio to 1 to use equal"; Lots=0.01; UseAutoRatio=true; Ratio=1.6; AutoMaxLoss=false; AutoMaxLossRatio=4; MaxLoss=0; Data="Correlation Settings"; UseCorrelation=false; cPeriod=20; MinCorrelation=0.8; MaxCorrelation=1; SMA_Value_for_Range=200; Data2="Bollinger Band Settings"; Bollinger_Period=20; Bollinger_TF=60; Bollinger_Dev=2; UseBollinger=true; Bollinger_Symbol="GBPCHF"; AutoProfit=true; AutoProfitRatio=1; ProfitTarget=5; DailyLotsTrading="Daily Lots Trading"; AddDailyLots=true; DailyLotsMoneyManagement=true; HourToAddNewLots=23; DailyLots=0.01; MaxPositions=10; AutoDailyLotsRisk=1; Risk=5; EmailReport=true;

15:47:24 HedgeEA_v6.1 GBPUSD,H4: initialized

15:47:25 HedgeEA_v6.1 GBPUSD,H4: zero divide

Files:
cv nc
cv nc  

i would like someone to add to this EA some option to close only one position with the low spread when TP is reached and then reopen it soon, and then the EA will start to count the pips of the one that remains open from the from the rate that it has to be close.

so if u would like to close your EA by TP and reopen, u wouldn't waste any extra spread of both position.

zifx25000
zifx25000  

hedge ea

dear Sir

hedge ea

//////////

please inform what is last version off this EA and if U have livde demo account still running with this ea

Kind regards

jer

laurentiu
laurentiu  

hi

anyone can modify hedge_ea to enter and exit a trade using indicator.ex4 ?

ex. if the previous bar histo is red(for gbpusd and for usdchf) open sell order at current bar open price.close trade when one of two pair histo change the color. inverted rule for the open buy orders...exit the same. in the chart (1H, 4H )seems to look good.sorry for my english

thanks

Files:
bodshyipmonitor
bodshyipmonitor  

What a day. blew my FXDD account today.