HedgeEA - page 56

BTW, GBPUSD heads upwards today in a big way. I've closed most of my GBP related carry trades along the way, eventhough I've suffered some losses.

In fact, all my profits (~25%) + a small part of my initial capital has been wiped out due to GBPUSD.

I'm still keeping a positive outlook though. What to do, life is a constant learning process.

I have saved it into in the expert directory, then opened the terminal and a H1 GBPJPY chart, but the EA(HedgeEA_v6.1.ex4) will not trade.

and have some errors in testing

Will be intersted to test this EA if I can get help. thanks

leon

Files:
image00002.jpg  70 kb
image00001.jpg  87 kb

hi guys.

how u doing in this draw down?

i'm 20% less on my live acount, after all the talk about the unwind of the carry trades i deside to be on the safe side.

all the way down i place new small orders and now waiting to the correction.

No Problems

lbx9527:
I have saved it into in the expert directory, then opened the terminal and a H1 GBPJPY chart, but the EA(HedgeEA_v6.1.ex4) will not trade.

and have some errors in testing

Will be intersted to test this EA if I can get help. thanks

leon

Leon,

I'm not sure why you are getting this error??? Mine is working correctly. Is your problem with live trades or are you trying to do backtests?

Is anyone else having any problems?

Taken from first post, what does "1 - Integrate AutoTakeProfit" mean? Is this a 'manual' close trade EA? Is there a newer version than v5.7? What are the best settings so far?

Thanks

kokas:
Some time ago, on Elite section cturner and me begin the development of an Hedge EA that allow to hedge two currencys taking profit from the swing and from the swap. I think that for now there are too many people busy with the championship so, I 've decided to bring the EA to the public zone so everyone could participate on the development of it...

I believe that this is one of the best strategies that you could use, almost fail proof if you are not trading accounts too leveraged, and with a good money management.

So, for the EA to work, you have to put in on Experts folder and put the correlator indicador on the indicators folder. This indicator was developed by Igorad. I do not know too much about it. I would like to include it as a function on the EA, but I do not know how to...

I'm not an expert coder, this was my first experiment, as we are getting good results with it, so...

You can test it with default settings. Please make sure that you are getting GBPJPY and CHFJPY on market watch window. If you are using a mini account like IBFX you have to change the currency names to GBPJPYm and CHFJPYm

You can test with Correlation enabled or disabled.

We have actually a sub version on test that uses besides correlation indicator, Bollinger bands, but this is not a stable version for now.

regarding auto take profit (we are testing it with $50), we need ideas to how this could be set. I'm thinking in a way of make this number dependent of the total number of lots in the hedge. Account leverage must be take to this equation too.

Live Test Statement with MM:

http://www.forexforums.org/eatests/test2/statement.htm

Live Test Statement without MM

http://www.forexforums.org/eatests/test1/statement.htm

After today I will mantain in this post the actual version of the EA.

first v used code from (EA's by Igorad,waltini) by kokas,cturner

v5.0 latest greatest version by kokas

v5.1 10-23-06 added bollinger filter, micro account by cturner

v5.2 10-24-06 added logic to catch and fix 1 of the 2 trades not being placed due to error

v5.3 10-24-06 correlation logic built in by Nicholishen

v5.4 10-24-06 bug fixes on open orders by cturner

v5.5 10-30-06 added short/long option that was missing by cturner

v5.6 10-30-06 added Autotrade, to stop entering automatic after exit, by kokas

v5.7 31-10-06 MM routine corrected, by kokas (fully support of micro accounts)

To do list:

1 - Integrate AutoTakeProfit

2 - Integrate another Entry signal (any sugestions? BB?) ALMOST DONE

3 - Built in correlator as a function DONE

4 - Send email on new hedge entry (and profit report for the old one)

sbwent:
Leon,

I'm not sure why you are getting this error??? Mine is working correctly. Is your problem with live trades or are you trying to do backtests?

Is anyone else having any problems?

I'm trying to do backtests,

but the Journal say: "HedgeEA_v6.1 GBPUSD,H1: zero divide" .

I don't know what is "zero divide" means. my data is integrated.

can you help me? thanks

leon

Files:

400396:
hi guys.

how u doing in this draw down?

i'm 20% less on my live acount, after all the talk about the unwind of the carry trades i deside to be on the safe side.

all the way down i place new small orders and now waiting to the correction.

i am down 50%. i got a GBPJPY which i long at 239. currently down 700pips.

anybody got any idea it will go back to 236 or 237? is 232 the support or will it go down somemore?

lbx9527:

can you help me? thanks

leon

I don't think its able to backtest right?

bodshyipmonitor:
i am down 50%. i got a GBPJPY which i long at 239. currently down 700pips. anybody got any idea it will go back to 236 or 237? is 232 the support or will it go down somemore?

there is not way to know, after the price got to 240 lot of carry trades tack the profit , the question is when it's going to stop , we should wait and see.

fundamentals are still for buying the GBP AND SELL YEN (the interest differential)

so it would tack time but the all get back again, in the mean time what we should focus on is to how we not get margin call, so if you got money fund your accounts.

if you don't have money - when you near to get margin call try sell 10% from your position if the price is still dropping sell another 10% , this way we will go trough this rocky times.

don't forget in the mean time we collect interest , i use low margin and now i place MICRO LOT orders when the GBPCHF AND GBPYEN DROP 100-200 PIPS, so in the way up i will benefit from it to.

hang on guys , it could tack some time and it could correct soon no way to know.

Don't Try Backtests

lbx9527:

can you help me? thanks

leon

Leon,

I don't think this will work at all with backtesting. Reason is that it is using prices from 2 currency pairs and backtesting is only attached to 1 chart. That would probably explain why you are getting the error. It is trying to divide one symbol price by zero.

You need to attach it to your demo chart and forward test it.

All the best...

Reason: