Zero Divide????

Hi guys...can some one please tell me what it means when i do a back test and in the journal it says zero divide.

It then only takes 1 trade but no more...I have used normalizedouble so dont think its got to do with the ordersend values...

Thanks

23510 wrote >>

Hi guys...can some one please tell me what it means when i do a back test and in the journal it says zero divide.

It then only takes 1 trade but no more...I have used normalizedouble so dont think its got to do with the ordersend values...

Thanks

'zero divide'

Check your variable values. By default we tend to set, or reset variable values to zero, when they should be something other than zero, then later in the EA the we use that variable to divide something with that variable; that is typically were the problem occurs.

Therefore, check the locations where you reset your variable values. Since your EA is launching only one trade, you must have some variable value that was reset to zero after the first trade launched. Place your entire EA in a text editor and search for all occurrences of "=0" and make sure you agree with that variable setting.

FXtrader2008:

Check your variable values. By default we tend to set, or reset variable values to zero, when they should be something other than zero, then later in the EA the we use that variable to divide something with that variable; that is typically were the problem occurs.

Therefore, check the locations where you reset your variable values. Since your EA is launching only one trade, you must have some variable value that was reset to zero after the first trade launched. Place your entire EA in a text editor and search for all occurrences of "=0" and make sure you agree with that variable setting.

Than you I will do that, thanx for the help

ronaldosim:

'zero divide'

Thanx ronaldosim, appreciate your tireless help.

Reason: