HedgeEA - page 52

rhenry45:
Thanks for the info. I was not a member of that forum. What do you think about the re-investing of the swap?

RHenry45,

I like the concept of re-investing the swap, but at the same time you are adding additional risk exposure. I use my swap as a buffer to help with unexpected drawdowns.

TimeFreedom

Divide by zero?

I loaded and ran the HedgeEA on an FXDD demo account but didn't get any trades for 36 hours. I then noticed in the Experts tab it was repeatedly posting an error message about "divide by zero". What would this mean? incorrect settings or an indicator missing....?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

-MJ

rhenry45:
These two features would be a tremendous improvement to this EA.

1. AutoSwap: This setting would let us reinvest the swap points earned. When we make some swap we would place new small trades that are equal to it. This way we would reach our profit target much, much faster.

2. Trade Frequency: Every 24 hours we can go in with an additonal set of trades. This setting would let us average in our trades. Say we want to put a total of 2 lots into a hedge trade. We should go in starting with .2 lots then every 24 hours we go in with .1 lots for each side of the trade until we reach a total of 2. This would smooth out the hedge and give us a better chance for profit. We would not need to wait until the perfect entry. We would cost average in.

Adding both of these as inputs would make this a much more profitable EA and reduce our drawdown.

I hope this is able to be added to this otherwise excellent EA.

This is kinda interesting. I thought of these ideas and wrote these features into my correlation robot in June, 06. They work well. Among other things, they seem to create an "average correlation" effect, damping down the volatility of the trade. I published these concepts in my faq and my thread here on grid and correlation. Look for them by searching for "Muddyguy" if interested.

Take care,

Bill

Why not buy GBPCHF when it hits the lower BB with half of the size. It will be the same.

I guess it would be more risky.

I've Added New Features...

I've just done as previously suggested and added the option to open additional trades (microlots) each day (up to a set limit of open trades). Amount is based on the AutoRatio function. We can nominate a percentage of free margin to open additional daily trades.

This feature displays the value of the new trade (if enabled) on the chart for 1 hour before the additional daily trade is executed. This gives you time to make any changes or to disable the AutoDailyTrade feature if desired.

In addition I have added an AutoMaxLoss feature. When set to "True" it will calculate a Maximum Loss which is a multiple of the AutoProfitTarget. ie. MaxLoss = AutoProfitTarget X 4. When enabled it also displays the value on chart.

Would you like me to upload this as HedgeEA v6.1?

Testing it right now. It is opening additional trades at the specified hour successfully.

sbwent:
I've just done as previously suggested and added the option to open additional trades (microlots) each day (up to a set limit of open trades). Amount is based on the AutoRatio function. We can nominate a percentage of free margin to open additional daily trades.

This feature displays the value of the new trade (if enabled) on the chart for 1 hour before the additional daily trade is executed. This gives you time to make any changes or to disable the AutoDailyTrade feature if desired.

In addition I have added an AutoMaxLoss feature. When set to "True" it will calculate a Maximum Loss which is a multiple of the AutoProfitTarget. ie. MaxLoss = AutoProfitTarget X 4. When enabled it also displays the value on chart.

Would you like me to upload this as HedgeEA v6.1?

Testing it right now. It is opening additional trades at the specified hour successfully.

If you could upload it here, that would be nice..

:0)

Testing

bodshyipmonitor:
If you could upload it here, that would be nice.. :0)

I am just testing to ensure there are no bugs. I will upload tomorrow if it is ok. Then everyone can test it.

Waiting eagerly. :P

are people using the hedge EA successfully? If so, what settings? Bollinger on?

Reason: