HedgeEA - page 45

anyone have any idea why the hedge indicators not work past v3 for me? i put them in correct folder, then they are deleted when mt4 restarted. have tried several diff brokers?

Stevensign:

There may be value in comparing correlation on long and short time frames, that may be it's best use. For example if the long term corr. (LTC) is 0.8 but the STC is 0.9 that may be a good time to enter, expecting a cash grab when the STC returns to 0.8.

I still need to do more research into correlation issues, I'm still learning.

I don't use correlation at this time.

Just my thoughts...

I don't understand why you say that there will be a cash grab simply due to the correlation returning to the 0.8 (in the first paragraph above). There are two pairs here, and there is no way to determine which movement of which pair was responsible for the reduction in correlation. There may be a cash loss. More information is required to make that statement.

Doug

dcraig:
Well, it seems as though the v6.0 is working quite well

At the moment, the only thing I can find that should be fixed is the profit indicator on the chart. It lists the profit in pips, but it doesn't seem consistent with the actual profit observed in the Terminal.

Doug

Upon closer inspection, the profit displayed only relates to the profit of the currency on which the EA was placed. For instance, I placed the EA on the GBPUSD chart, which is one of the pairs I trade. The profit (in pips) displayed is only for the GBPUSD; it doesn't provide the net P/L. This should be a simple fix for a later version, but will not affect the performance of the EA.

Just thought I'd answer my own question

Doug

dcraig:
Upon closer inspection, the profit displayed only relates to the profit of the currency on which the EA was placed. For instance, I placed the EA on the GBPUSD chart, which is one of the pairs I trade. The profit (in pips) displayed is only for the GBPUSD; it doesn't provide the net P/L. This should be a simple fix for a later version, but will not affect the performance of the EA.

Just thought I'd answer my own question

Doug

Well, change the UsePips option to false. you will see the actual P/L..

It might be lagging. This is due to the EA onli goes through the function when it recieve a tick on the currency pair you put on.

Anybody know is there a way to excute the start() whenever there is a tick on any currencies or on a time interval basis.

umm.. i think time interval basis should be workable.. have to find more time to work on it. :P

I do not know if that is possible.

Anyway bodshyipmonitor can you go to forexforums to chat room? I would like to talk to you... I do not know if you are still online...

kokas:
I do not know if that is possible. Anyway bodshyipmonitor can you go to forexforums to chat room? I would like to talk to you... I do not know if you are still online...

I am there but I didn't see you online.

kokas:
I do not know if that is possible. Anyway bodshyipmonitor can you go to forexforums to chat room? I would like to talk to you... I do not know if you are still online...

I am in the chat.

bodshyipmonitor:

Anybody know is there a way to excute the start() whenever there is a tick on any currencies or on a time interval basis.

umm.. i think time interval basis should be workable.. have to find more time to work on it. :P

Yes, this is easily accomplished by creating an infinite loop as the first statemnt under the start(); I use it all the time with multi-currency EA's and ir works great.

start(){

while(true){

Sleep(100);

RefreshRates();

...........remaining code here ......

}

}

thanks.. this is great.

Can one 'o y'all hedger guys check out this MM test for a new method?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175962

Reason: