HedgeEA - page 14

Yes I see your point... but it is a profitable pair on the swing profits not on swap

I'll seek the original post and put it here

I've never noticed the "triple storage for rollover wednesday to thursday" before. So last night the swap value is x3?!

I've never noticed the "triple storage for rollover wednesday to thursday" before. So last night the swap value is x3?!

Yes because on wednesday night you get the swap for the week end

Yes I see your point... but it is a profitable pair on the swing profits not on swap

If it is profitable on swings and not on swap, then maybe the direction of the order shouldn't be always the same. With the current parameters, the hedge long GBPJPY / short CHFJPY is profitable when GBPCHF is up. If GBPCHF goes down you can only hope that it comes back (but at some point it may not come back) and that you will get benefits from the swap, isn't it?

but the swap difference on GBPJPY to CHFJPY is substantial and will build up fairly quickly.

this triple swap also seems to happen even if the position wasn't held over the weekend!

this triple swap also seems to happen even if the position wasn't held over the weekend!

I think you misunderstood what I meant. The position doesn't have to be held during the weekend. It is the swap for the weekend that you get on Thursday morning because there is a 3 days shift.

So if you buy on Wednesday and sell on Thursday you will get 3 days swap anyway. And if you buy on Friday and sell on Monday you will get only 1 day swap.

jlpi:
I think you misunderstood what I meant. The position doesn't have to be held during the weekend. It is the swap for the weekend that you get on Thursday morning because there is a 3 days shift. So if you buy on Wednesday and sell on Thursday you will get 3 days swap anyway. And if you buy on Friday and sell on Monday you will get only 1 day swap.

what site was that on how the pairs corrilate? Wasn't there something on that?

so far what I am getting is this...

when I entered they were ballanced together(same spot in there wave formation). For the profit I got they were 50 pips out of balance. Then the position was re-entered at same spot as the exit was. then they moved back in balance bringing me 50-60 pips down. They have moved 50-60 pips back out of balance bringing me to break even 2 times since then.

Seems that they'll have to now move 100 pips out of balance for my next profit with the entry I am in.

So I am thinking that once a profit is taken, it should wait till there back in balance before the next entry is taken. I have had correlation set to true, but that just means they move together, not necessarily in balance with there waves.

Did that make sense?

I think for next week I'll set profit to 2 pips so next time it gets to break even it will exit and auto trade to false so it don't re-enter. And I'll let it enter when I see them balanced out again.

have you any idea how to see they are balanced?

Reason: