TTM Squeeze/BB Squeeze - page 2

dont forget your fundamentals

maria77:
Thanks Zee..

It seems that the red dot happens slower than the MACD or Stochastic on a breakout.. I've tweaked the Bollinger and Keltner to both 14 periods and it seems to work better.

Do change it and you try it too.

I'm currently doing a testing with TTM Squeeze, MACD and Stochastic with also triple EMAs of 4, 9 and 18 period.

Will post the result in couple of days. This trial will runs for two months before I start my trading in Jan 01 2007.

PS: I suffered a loss of $2,000 prior to stepping into the FOREX market (I'm only 6 mths old into this new market) with greed and did not do enough research on technical analysis and fundamental news. Now I'm actually really learning and will relaunch my trading if the trial is profitable.

Maria,

please dont forget your fundamentals.

I'm also a newbie like you, but I've learned that economic numbers and overall market price and sentiment are VERY important.

for example, one of my indicators was giving me a long on dollar-yen this morning. I just laughed at it. why? because everyone in the world knows that Yen is short! it just come off a high around 119 , and also the dollar is taking a beating these days, so, any long usd/yen is just a retracement and actually a good shorting chance!

i did just that today before the news and now I'm +60 pips on dollar-yen, the news came, bad for the dollar, good for me .

about the Squeeze indicator : I like the change you did, I am testing it now, looks much better, less lag.... will test it on GBP....

CJ.-

TTM Squeeze/BB Squeeze

-- LOOK AT THE ATTACHED IMAGE, IF THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR, BE MY GUEST AND TAKE IT. -- the picture should be able to show how it's used also.

very simple: basically, go long on blue histogram when you get the first green dot after a series of one or more red dots. short on red histogram.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I found the bbsqueeze indicator here and made some enhacements to show when it's about to loose momemtum. remember -- 2 darker bars in a row is your exit signal!

Enjoy,

may the pips be with you,

CJ.-

Files:
squeeze.gif  11 kb

TTM Squeeze explanation

hi,

i updated post #1 of this thread to show the indicator and explain a bit how to use it with an image.

enjoy,

CJ.-

Yep, I'm actually more of a fundamental follower before I've realized technical analysis plays a part too (reason behind my downfall, a common mistake made by newbie).

Here is my statement of the trial started yesterday with the above stated combination of indicators including 14-period squeeze.

Files:

hi all ,

this is nice indicator for filtering trades and maybe for exit,maybe even for entry but you have to know lot more than 1 indicator why you want to enter the trade,where and what are target and stop.

I am using bbsqeeze as filter for long time, for you who does not know, it indicates when bollinger bands are inside keltner bands and when that hapens on lower time frames than dont trade or if you look at 1 hour or 4 hours check if there is room enaugh from band to band (bollinger ) to take some scalp.

Adding indicators

deepdrunk:
hi all ,

this is nice indicator for filtering trades and maybe for exit,maybe even for entry but you have to know lot more than 1 indicator why you want to enter the trade,where and what are target and stop.

I am using bbsqeeze as filter for long time, for you who does not know, it indicates when bollinger bands are inside keltner bands and when that hapens on lower time frames than dont trade or if you look at 1 hour or 4 hours check if there is room enaugh from band to band (bollinger ) to take some scalp.

You could add the 50 period cci and trade the signals from it. Of course then you would have Akuma99's "not so squeezy" system. Or you could even use his version of the bbsqueeze, which has the 50 cci and several other indicators built in. He has a very nice write up of it at Forex Factory and Trade2Win.

I Know this is a silly question, but does anyone have recommended settings for TF for 5M, 15M, 30M, 1H that works great?

MACD BBSqueeze cross needs faithfull value window

I have been using this indicator, which colours the MACD histogram bars blue when 'the squeeze' is on.

What I would please like is for someone to shred/modify/tune/overhaul/add to it. If you look attached chart, on the left top are 2 readings. I would like these to represent the last histogram bar and the current histogram bar.

Yes it might be really futile thing, but it's just easier for me, cause that way I can glance at it and the end of the specific period, or keep an eye on it, instead of having open pull the macd window bigger, and actaully grabbing the crosshair to see if there is a diff between the 2 bars.

Thanking you in advance

Unable to attach

Ok, I'm unable to attach. So will try again later

Got it

K, chart atteached.

For simplictic reasons, instead having it reas previous bar, last bar, current bar, it can simply just read: p.bar

l.bar

c.bar

Thank you

Files:
Reason: